Major League Baseball: 2022 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 197 comments
Sleepless in Seattle. The Houston Astros begin a three-city road trip in the Emerald City. Can you believe the Mariners are last in the AL West heading into this series? Find out if my Astros could take advantage of the Mariners with this series summary.

* HOU Astros at SEA Mariners (3-game series)

[GAME 1] Justin Verlander got roughed up in the Bottom of the 1st with two two-run homers. He'd give up another homer to give Seattle five runs. Maybe Seattle got the memo that they are the AL West doormat and decided to do something about it. Justin Verlander was trying to be the first seven-game winning pitcher this season with this game. He failed HARD. Seattle wins 6-1.

[GAME 2] The Houston Astros had plenty of defensive problems with the Mariners on Saturday night. "Last place Mariners," my backside. They're playing like they lead the AL West. Houston played like trash so much that I stopped watching during the Bottom of the 4th.

[GAME 3] The Astros took the lead for the first time in this series with this game. The hot rookie Jeremy Peña hit a solo homer to put Houston up 1-0. Seattle would tie on an RBI single. Houston would go back ahead on an RBI single late. With the bases loaded and one out, the baseball gods answered the Astros' prayers with a double play to survive Seattle and avoid getting swept. Houston averts the sweep with a 2-1 victory.

GM1: (6-1; Seattle)
GM2: (6-0; Seattle)
GM3: (2-1; Houston)

NEXT: at Oakland Athletics (3 games), starting on Monday

We are now 30-18 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West 3 games ahead of the Los Angeles Angels. The Oakland Athletics are going to get the other Texas team after having dealt with the Texas Rangers in a four game series. MORE late games!

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! How are your team(s) doing?

I just want to take a moment and congratulate Jonathan Schoop of the Detroit Tigers on knocking down 1,000 hits in his career. He did so yesterday hosting the Minnesota Twins. Detroit would win 7-5 over the Twins on that day.

Meanwhile for my Houston Astros, Framber Valdez completed his first true complete game yesterday as the Astros won 5-1 at the Oakland Athletics. My series summary will come when the series ends on Wednesday.

I realized I haven't done a series breakdown on the Reds in a while, partially because I've missed a lot of the games. They have started playing much better. Not perfect, but definitely improved. The offense has been respectable, even darn impressive at times. Seeing the highlights of them putting up a 20 spot on the Cubs is always a nice feeling. Pitching has taken a step forward...for the most part. Mahle took a no-no into the 7th in their finale against the Giants last series, only to see it broken up and the bullpen give up 6 runs.

The past two weeks have seen them take their 2 game series against the Indians Guardians, lose 2 of 3 up in Canadaland in stellar, tight pitching matches (Votto also came off the DL and his first homer of the season in his home town), a 4 game split against the Cubbies (including that 20-5 win in the finale), and take 2 of 3 against the Giants (where the bullpen gave it up with those 6 runs in the finale).

They now sit 16-31 on the season, a far cry from their 3-22 start. That's a 13-9 stretch. In fact, they've managed to tie the Royals for the worst record in the Majors. And I mean that in a good way, because it means they aren't alone at the bottom anymore. They are almost out of last place in the NL, with the struggling Nationals sitting at 18-32.

There is still room for improvement. India only lasted a very short time coming off the IL before going back onto it. The team looks different with him leading off. Rookie pitcher Lodolo hopefully should be back before long. Unfortunately Connor Overton, who has had a superb beginning to his career with 4 starts and a 1.82 ERA, is on the 60 day IL with a back injury. Either way, as long as they continue to play the way they have recently, it will be fun to watch again.

The Mets had a strange (by their standards) May. Despite losing their top 2 pitchers this year in Tylor Megill and Max Scherzer, they have managed to post a record of 19-11 over their past 30 games. They finally lost a series (in fact, 2 of them), but they also managed to get their first sweep of the year and are now on a season high 5 game winning streak. Included from last month was a 7 run come from behind victory against Philadelphia and a nearly 6 run come from behind victory against San Francisco. What's even more atypical is that the team is hitting a lot. The Mets currently lead the league in hits and batting average (and somehow also triples, despite not being a particularly fast team). Players seem to be really enjoying their first season with Buck Showalter as the manager.

Houston paid a visit to the Bay Area to meet the Oakland Athletics. We avoided getting swept in Seattle, so now we're hoping to do well in the second city of this three-city road trip. Let's get it on in Oakland.

* HOU Astros at OAK Athletics (3-game series)

[GAME 1] The Houston Astros did real good with Framber Valdez on the bump for Houston. It was a 5-1 victory with Yordan Alvarez banging two jacks to help the Astros' cause. Jose Altuve had liftoff on a homer of his own.

[GAME 2] The Oakland Athletics lead 1-0 in the Bottom of the 4th on an RBI single by Cristian Pache. The Astros, meanwhile, would score three unanswered runs to win 3-1. One of those unanswered runs was a solo homer to go ahead 2-1 at that time.

[GAME 3] The Houston Astros were ahead 1-0 deeper in the game. Justin Verlander took a no-hitter into the 7th inning, but that was broken up by Elvis Andrus hitting a double. The Athletics would later hit a three-run bomb to put Oakland up 3-1. A bases-loaded walk followed by a clutch RBI double from Yordan Alvarez put the Astros up 5-3. The A's brought in one run in the Bottom of the 9th, but the Astros complete the sweep in come-from-behind fashion.

GM1: (5-1; Houston)
GM2: (3-1; Houston)
GM3: (5-4; Houston)

NEXT: at Kansas City Royals (3 games), starting on Friday

We are now 33-18 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West as the Los Angeles Angels have struggled lately. So we get to meet the 1985 and 2015 World Series champs in the Show-Me State. This is the final leg of our three-city road trip.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! Let us know how your beloved team(s) is/are doing of late if you like.

Find your favorite teams in this latest Standings Update:

--- AMERICAN LEAGUE STANDINGS (as of: June 3, 2022) ---
AL EAST: New York Yankees (36-15), TOR (30-20), TB (30-21), BOS (24-27), BAL (22-31)
AL CENTRAL: Minnesota (30-23), CLE (22-24), CHW (23-26), DET (21-30), KC (16-33)
AL WEST: Houston (33-18), LAA (27-25), TEX (24-26), SEA (22-29), OAK (20-33)

--- NATIONAL LEAGUE STANDINGS (as of: June 3, 2022) ---
NL EAST: New York Mets (35-18), ATL (25-27), PHI (22-29), MIA (21-28), WAS (18-35)
NL CENTRAL: Milwaukee (33-20), STL (29-22), PIT (22-27), CHC (22-29), CIN (18-32)
NL WEST: Los Angeles Dodgers (34-17), SD (30-21), SF (27-23), ARI (25-27), COL (23-28)

How about that? Both New York City teams lead their Divisions, and now it is the Kansas City Royals with the worst record in baseball. My Houston Astros will be at the Royals for their next series. Though, it doesn't mean we'll waltz into Kansas City, Missouri and win that series. Anything can happen. Even teams with sorry records can defeat better teams.

Enjoy the latest series!

Last edited:
The final game of this 3-game road trip is in Kansas City. Currently having the worst record in the league, the Royals look to stun my Astros. Did it happen? Let's find out!

* HOU Astros at KC Royals (3-game series)

[GAME 1] When I first followed this game, the Houston Astros were leading 10-3 in the 6th inning (wasn't sure Top or Bottom). That score would hold. Astros won 10-3.

[GAME 2] The game began with a 51-minute rain delay. Once the rain calmed down, the two offenses failed to drive in runs. The undoing began when the Kansas City Royals bombed a two-run jack around the Bottom of the 6th to go up 2-0. Astros failed to score the rest of the game. I stopped watching once the Royals went up 6-0 in the Bottom of the 8th. The final score was 6-0.

[GAME 3] When I first followed this game, the Houston Astros were ahead 3-2 heading into the Top of the 7th. The two teams would trade a run each until the Astros took a 4-3 lead into the Top of the 9th. Then, ALL ASTROS. What was a 4-3 advantage for Houston turned into a 7-3 Astros. Ryan Pressly(?) would get ejected on a bogus call that Ryan somehow intentionally hit-by-pitch one Royal. Royals got in one run, but that was it. Astros win 7-4 and take this series.

GM1: (10-3; Houston)
GM2: (6-0; Kansas City)
GM3: (7-4; Houston)

NEXT: vs. Seattle Mariners (3 games), starting on Monday

We are now 35-19 on the 2022 season so far, leading the AL West by 8.5 games over the Los Angeles Angels. Good news for the Astros is that there are no more three-city road trips for the rest of the season. Houston has become quite the road warriors having endured a number of them. This upcoming six-game homestand includes three games against Seattle, then an Interleague series against Omnis' Miami Marlins this coming weekend.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! Let us know how your beloved team(s) is/are doing of late if you like.

After a 6-3 road trip going to three different cities, the Houston Astros return home to do a little home cooking. Seattle wanted to play some baseball, and we obliged. So let's see how this series goes...

* SEA Mariners at HOU Astros (3-game)

[GAME 1] The Houston Astros had themselves a tough go late in Game 1. An unintentional hit-by-pitch ended up costing Hector Neris a 4-game suspension later.

[GAME 2] Justin Verlander put on a very nice pitching performance as always. Seattle led the game 1-0 somewhere in the middle innings. Houston would score four unanswered runs. It began with a go-ahead RBI that put Houston up 2-1, then Yordan Alvarez put this one out of reach with a two-run bomb to right field. Astros force a Rubber Game after this 4-1 victory.

[GAME 3] The Houston Astros sent returning Jose Urquidy to the mound, and he was just OFF. Seattle led 1-0 early, then the Astros went up about 3-1. Seattle scored every extra run since. A disappointing result for the Astros, since they usually do well against Seattle at home.

GM1: (7-4; Seattle)
GM2: (4-1; Houston)
GM3: (6-3; Seattle)

NEXT: vs. Miami Marlins (3 games), starting on Friday

The 2022 Houston Astros are now 36-21 on the 2022 season so far, leading the AL West by 9.5 games over the Los Angeles Angels, who lost 13 straight games heading into Wednesday. This upcoming six-game homestand includes three games against Seattle, then an Interleague series against Omnis' Miami Marlins this coming weekend. So we're taking on a former NL foe this weekend.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! How did your team(s) do in their latest series?

Houston vs. all y'all. This time, the "all y'all" is one of our former NL foes, the Miami Marlins. Miami's been hot lately for reasons more than the temperatures. Let's see if Houston can cool off the boys from the 305...

* MIA Marlins at HOU Astros

[GAME 1] When I first saw this game, it was a 4-1 lead for the Miami Marlins in the Top of the 5th. I then saw pitcher Luis Garcia leave the game and Phil Maton came in. Next moment was a two-run bomb by Miami to go up 6-1. Offensive ineptitude continuing for the Astros right about now. Astros could only do so much. We fell 7-4 eventually.

[GAME 2] I was on full Le Mans mode, so I didn't follow any of this game. We ended up losing 5-1. Trying to avoid a sweep tomorrow.

[GAME 3] It was 5-1, Astros when I first followed this game. Marlins brought it to 5-4 until Jose Altuve hit a three-run bomb to go ahead 8-4 in the Bottom of the 8th. That was followed up by a sacrifice fly to put the Astros up 9-4. Astros avoid the sweep at home with a very nice 9-4 victory.

GM1: (7-4; Miami)
GM2: (5-1; Miami)
GM3: (9-4; Houston)

NEXT: at TEX Rangers (3 games), starting on Monday

The 2022 Houston Astros are now 37-23 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. We're on the road next but staying in the great state of Texas. Our Silver Boot rivals await us in our road trip. A quick tour of awesome in the DFW awaits us.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today!

The Silver Boot series ramps up again. Astros kind of struggling while the Rangers are getting hot. Let's get this series going.

* HOU Astros at TEX Rangers

[GAME 1] When I first saw this game, it was a 3-1 lead for the Houston Astros in the Top of the 7th. Texas ends up scoring four more runs to take a 5-3 win.

[GAME 2] The Astros trailed 3-0 heading into the 8th inning. A failed attempt at a rundown followed by a three-run bomb by Kyle Tucker ("King Tuck") lead to a go-ahead by the Houston Astros. We ended up winning 4-3. Rubber Game on Wednesday afternoon.

[GAME 3] Happy birthday, Dusty Baker! When I first checked into this game, the Houston Astros were up 6-0 in the Bottom of the 3rd. Texas finally got on the board with a two-run jack by Corey Seager. A couple more homers were landed later in the game, first a solo shot by Martin Maldonaldo, followed by a two-run bomb by Yuli Gurriel. It was an awesome performance to say the least by Houston. The coolest story of this game is that the Houston Astros pulled not one, but TWO immaculate innings. This has never been done by any Major League Baseball team in history- more than one immaculate inning on the same day or in the same game. Luis Garcia and Phil Maton both pulled immaculate innings in this game. Quite the birthday present for Dusty Baker.

GM1: (5-3; Texas)
GM2: (4-3; Houston)
GM3: (9-2; Houston)

NEXT: vs. CHI White Sox (3 games), starting on Friday

We are now 39-24 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. It's amazing we pulled TWO immaculate innings in one game. An immaculate inning is where you strike out three batters in one inning using the minimum of nine pitches.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! As of the time of this post, cheers to the Atlanta Braves on 13 straight wins, looking to make it 14 straight at the Washington Nationals tonight.

Well, what do you know? ANOTHER 2005 World Series rematch! Oh... and also a rematch of one of the American League Division Series from last season. The Southsiders of Chicago decide to hit up the South. So them Chi-Town boys want to tussle with H-Town this weekend. Let's see who won this series.

* CHW White Sox at HOU Astros

[GAME 1] AppleTV+ had this game on, so I didn't get to see it. A Grand Slam by the Astros was among the many highlights of their 13-3 victory over the White Sox. A 10-run sixth inning put the hurtin' on the White Sox.

[GAME 2] Justin Verlander got roughed up- 7-0 into the Top of the 4th. Maybe the White Sox didn't take too kindly to the Astros beating the White Sox like a drum last night. Phil Maton stepped out in place of Verlander. You know- Mr. Immaculate Inning in the Astros' historic two immaculate innings this past Thursday at the Texas Rangers. Astros had some hits, but they got rocked by the boys from the South Side of Chicago. It was a 7-0 fail for the Astros in favor of the White Sox. Rubber Game on Father's Day afternoon.

[GAME 3] So after the Astros get roughed up on Saturday, Houston's thinking pay back. J.J. Matijevic for the Astros banged a homer for his first Major League hit. This was a very good effort leading to a 4-3 victory in primetime on Sunday night.

GM1: (13-3; Houston)
GM2: (7-0; Chicago White Sox)
GM3: (4-3; Houston)

NEXT: vs. NYM Mets (2 games), starting on Tuesday

We are now 39-24 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. That's right... we're going to be in an Empire State of mind to close out the month of June 2022, as we battle both of New York's MLB teams. We're going to have an inner-forum series between my Astros and Blitz24's Mets. Here's the setup the next few series: two against the Mets, four at the Yankees, two at the Mets, and then one more back home against the Yankees.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today!

Mets swept by Houston as they get little offense and combine that with poor pitching. Alvarez hits 3 HR in the series as the Mets lose Carlos Carrasco to an injury.

The Houston Astros and the New York Mets joined Major League Baseball the same year- 1962. The Astros, were then known as the Colt .45s. They also were National League foes. Now, the Astros are in the American League, so this series with the Mets is an Interleague series. So let's see who is better in this quick series...

* NYM Mets at HOU Astros (2 games)

[GAME 1] It was an 8-2 victory for the Astros against the Mets on Tuesday night. I was especially fearful that the Mets would find ways to keep the games close in this series and then when we play them in their house after our next series. Still, the Astros held serve at home and won big all the while.

[GAME 2] The Houston Astros had themselves a Wednesday afternoon game to end this quick two-game set. "Air Yordan" bombed two jacks to help the Astros win 5-3 today.

GM1: (8-2; Houston)
GM2: (5-3; Houston)

NEXT: at NYY Yankees (4 games), starting on Thursday

We are now 43-25 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. After dealing with the Mets at home, ourwe got to deal with the big, bad, New York Yankees in The Bronx. Yeah... this won't be easy. We surely will do our best to entertain the Yanks in their house! Meanwhile, my Astros are not done with Blitz24's Mets- we play them again after our next series. Only this time, in THEIR house. So four in The Bronx with the Yankees, then two in Queens with the Mets.

Rumble in the Bronx. Two hard-hitters meet in the same ballpark. The Houston Astros lead the AL West. The New York Yankees lead the AL East. This four-game series is going to be a clash of titans. Let's get it on.

* HOU Astros at NYY Yankees (4 games)

[GAME 1] The Houston Astros hit a three-run jack to go up 3-0 in the Top of the 1st. The Yankees responded with a three-run bomb of their own in the Bottom of the 1st. The Astros would get three more runs to go up 6-3. Then, the Bronx Bombers hit a three-run bomb to tie the game at 6-6 in the Bottom of the 9th as the Astros' relief pitching sputters. It all culminated as the Yankees talked off the Astros in disappointing fashion with an RBI single. No shame losing to the Yankees, but this is mind-numbingly disappointing for Houston to lose 7-6 when they led most of the way.

[GAME 2] When I first watched the game, it was the Top of the 9th with a 3-1 lead for the Houston Astros. That lead would hold as the Astros draw this four-game set 1-1.

[GAME 3] Cristian Javier took on the New York Yankees for the first time in his career, and he was money. He allowed no hits but gave up a walk and committed an error in seven innings pitched. Hector Neris then came in after C. Javier. After falling apart on Thursday, Ryan Pressly got redemption by closing out perfectly. It all led up to a COMBINED NO HITTER for the Houston Astros Baseball Club, the 14th no hitter in Astros history and the second combined no-hitter against the Yankees (last was 2003). The Astros became the only team to no-hit the Yankees since 1958 (Baltimore was the last team to do it to the New York Yankees), and now they've done it TWICE. According to ESPN, this was the first no-hitter thrown at the new Yankees Stadium (ballpark opened in 2009).

[GAME 4] After taking a nap, I first followed the game with it being in the Top of the 9th, a 3-3 tie. Regulation solved nothing, so we had to put in some extra innings in this one. Aaron Judge hit a three-run walkoff bomb to split this series with the Astros. This was a horrific shame to follow up after a great performance yesterday by the Astros. But... the Yankees are atop the league for a reason, and Houston found that out the hard way in walk-off fashion.

GM1: (7-6; New York Yankees)
GM2: (3-1; Houston)
GM3: (3-0; Houston) <<< NO HITTER!
GM4: (6-3, 10 innings; New York Yankees)

NEXT: at NYM Mets (2 games), starting on Tuesday

So after the series split, we are now 45-26 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West by 10.5 over the Texas Rangers. The Astros' tour of awesome remains in New York City; but this time, two more play dates with Blitz24's New York Mets are coming up. We are going from the Bronx Bombers to the kings of Queens.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! Let us know how your beloved teams have done of late, if you choose.

I glad the Yankees came back and won after getting no hit for like 16 innings between yesterday and today I thought they were done. Also they signed Judge to a 19 mil 1yr contract. If they are not careful at the end of season they could lose Judge. It will be horrible to lose him but if Steve Cohen throws a bag at him he might take it. I believe that would be one of the worst things to happen to Yankees. Not saying the Mets are bad I their squad and I especially like Buck Showalter but that would like losing Patrick Ewing to the Nets. We'll see how things play out but right now I am enjoying the season hopefully if they make to the playoffs they won't have to play Houston.

Mets get swept by Astros in season series.
Game 1 was decided by a 4 run first inning as Carlos Carrasco again couldn't have a clean start and further punctuated by a poorly performing Chasen Shreve. Astros 9, Mets 1.
Game 2 was a pitchers' duel between Justin Verlander and Taijuan Walker decided by a 2 run HR in the top of the 9th inning by C Jason Castro (who was hitting under .100 with 1 RBI going into that at bat). Astros 2, Mets 0.

How will the Houston Astros end the month of June 2022? The New York Yankees come to town for one game.

* NYY Yankees at HOU Astros (1 game)

The Houston Astros played a rather close game and never trailed. They went up 2-0 and only gave up a solo homer by Anthony Rizzo.

FINAL SCORE: (2-1; Houston)

NEXT: vs. LAA Angels (3 games), starting on Thursday

The 2022 Houston Astros are now 48-26 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. Maybe our biggest rivals besides Texas is coming to H-Town for three. It's the Houston Astros hosting the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Sadly, Game 1 will be on AppleTV, so I can't see it live. Have to listen on the radio or something.

After nine games against both of the two New York City area's teams, it's now time to face teams from the other Major League Baseball cities. American League West rivals clash in Houston as the Houston Astros welcomed the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Let's see how this series ended...

* LAA Angels at HOU Astros (3 games)

[GAME 1] Danged AppleTV. Thankfully, I heard this was the last of the AppleTV-exclusive games this year. All I can say is that the Astros won 8-1 on Friday night.

[GAME 2] It was a home run fest for the Astros on Saturday afternoon. "The Machete" (Martin Maldonaldo) banged in two homers. Three or four other Astros joined in on the fun. The Angels' only score came on a solo jack. Otherwise, the Astros were balling. Win No. 50 on the season was knocked down by the Astros on this Saturday afternoon.

[GAME 3] The Los Angeles Angels had themselves a 2-0 lead. The Astros would later score two unanswered runs to level the game at 2. Jeremy Peña, meanwhile, hit a two=run walk-off jack to center to complete the sweep of the Angels 4-2.

GM1: (8-1; Houston)
GM2: (9-1; Houston)
GM3: (4-2; Houston)

NEXT: vs. KC Royals (4 games), starting on Monday

The 2022 Houston Astros are now 51-27 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West. After dealing with the Angels, we will host the 1985 and 2015 World Series Champs- the Kansas City Royals. It's a four-game set starting on Independence Day.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations also to those who won today! How did your beloved team(s) do recently?

@Dolph Drago and my team decided to play baseball against each other for some weird reason this week. Let's see how that went.

Monday: Mets 7, Reds 4. Taijuan Walker continued his strong first half going 6 IP with 3 runs allowed (all on a Brandon Drury HR) and 9 Ks. Mets took the lead for good on a solo shot by Francisco Lindor in the 5th inning at 4-3 and added a few more to hold onto the lead.

Tuesday: Reds 1, Mets 0. Rookie Nick Lodolo and 4 relievers held the Mets' bats in complete silence as the Reds spoiled Max Scherzer's return. Scherzer pitched 6 innings and had 11 Ks, but the Reds managed to score a walk-off win on a Sac Fly by Mike Moustakas in the 9th inning despite only mustering 4 hits.

Wednesday: Mets 8, Reds 3. The Reds had the lead throughout this game after a 2 run shot by Nick Senzel then an RBI double by Kyle Farmer to give them a 3-1 lead after 3 innings. The Mets scored 1 run in the 4th and then managed a game-tying RBI double in the 9th inning by Starling Marte to draw even. In the 10th, the Mets finally got to the Reds bullpen and scored 5 runs off of Dauri Moreta to win the series as Edwin Diaz struck out the side to prevent a comeback by the Reds.

Last edited:
I was most surprised about the 1-0 win in game 2. Game 3 was no surprise. The Reds' bullpen is good at losing games. I turned the game off when the Mets took their 2 run lead. It was over. I didn't find out until today that NYM tacked on another 3.

Let's do a little experiment. Put the Kansas City Royals on the ballpark of the Houston Astros and have them play four games. What can possibly go wrong? Let's find out...

* KC Royals at HOU Astros (4 games)

[GAME 1] The Kansas City Royals look to be a royal pain to the Houston Astros, and they wasted no time jumping to a 2-0 lead in the Top of the 1st with the returning Jake Odorizzi. They'd bring in two more runs in the following inning followed by a solo homer in the Top of the 3rd. However, the Astros climbed back, little-by-little. With KC leading 6-3 in the Bottom of the 8th, the Astros leveled the game at 6. Then, Yordan Alvarez had liftoff on a solo firework to walk it off in the 9th. It was the first career walk-off homer by "Air Yordan." An ugly to say the least for the Astros. But... a win nonetheless.

[GAME 2] Kansas City proved to be a scrappy bunch. The Astros finally got to lead 5-4 later in the game. Afterwards, the Royals couldn't keep pace with the Astros. Houston now has won eight in a row. It's a 9-7 victory for H-Town.

[GAME 3] The Royals took the lead in every game this series and lost. This time, the Astros never got to overtake the Royals. The eight-game winning streak came to an end thanks to lackluster pitching by Cristian Javier. This fail was a 7-4 one. Royals take Game 3 of 4.

[GAME 4] The Houston Astros were down 2-0 going into the Top of the 5th. José Altuve leveled things on a two-run bomb in the Bottom of the 5th, and then Yordan Alvarez bombed one for a 3-2 Astros lead. The Astros would eventually score five unanswered runs to take the game and the series. The Astros won 5-2. Believe it or not, J. Altuve hit his 100th homer at Minute Maid Park in this game.

GM1: (7-6; Houston)
GM2: (9-7; Houston)
GM3: (7-4; Kansas City)
GM4: (5-2; Houston)

NEXT: at OAK Athletics (3 games), starting on Friday

We are now Houston Astros are now 53-28 on the 2022 season so far, still leading the AL West by (I think) 13 games over the Texas Rangers. So we're going to hit up the Bay Area to meet the Oakland Athletics. You can't take anybody lightly or play to the level of your opposition.

I vacationed this past weekend, so I was unable to follow most action with my Houston Astros at the Oakland Athletics. Here's a look at our latest series while I was vacationing in San Marcos and Austin here in Texas...

* HOU Astros at OAK Athletics (3 games)

[GAME 1] I did not follow this game at all, as I was on vacation. The Astros pounded out some homers to get the huge win on Friday night. It was 8-3 for the Astros.

[GAME 2] A TV at a restaurant in San Marcos, TX did have this game on, and we were leading 2-0. Sadly, three unanswered runs sunk us and forced a Rubber Game for Sunday.

[GAME 3] I did not follow this game at all. Not even checking for updates. All I know is that we did REAL good. Like, 6-1 good to take the series against the A's.

GM1: (8-3; Houston)
GM2: (3-2; Oakland)
GM3: (6-1; Houston)

NEXT: at LAA Angels (3 games), starting on Tuesday

The Houston Astros are now 55-29 on the 2022 season so far, and that AL West is still ours. So after we're done at one AL California team, we face the other AL California team in our next series.

Also, the Houston Astros will send five players to the All-Star Game to be played next Tuesday. Or as we called our All-Star campaign, an "All-Stros" All-Star Game.

Elsewhere...

I heard that the Cincinnati Reds won on a walk-off balk this past Friday in extra innings. A balk is when the pitcher makes a certain motion that an umpire deems deceiving before delivering a pitch. It is usually some motion that occurs like looking to deliver a pitch but doesn't deliver it. Anyhow, the Reds defeated the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 in 10 innings thanks to a balk by TB. Someone on YouTube commented that someone can lose Game 7 of the World Series with a walk-off balk with one player at least on third base. That can very much happen, and it would be a crappy way to lose a championship. This victory was the first walk-off balk since, 2018 and the 23rd walk-off balk in Major League Baseball history.

Congratulations to all other series winners!

Elsewhere...

I heard that the Cincinnati Reds won on a walk-off balk this past Friday in extra innings. A balk is when the pitcher makes a certain motion that an umpire deems deceiving before delivering a pitch. It is usually some motion that occurs like looking to deliver a pitch but doesn't deliver it. Anyhow, the Reds defeated the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1 in 10 innings thanks to a balk by TB. Someone on YouTube commented that someone can lose Game 7 of the World Series with a walk-off balk with one player at least on third base. That can very much happen, and it would be a crappy way to lose a championship. This victory was the first walk-off balk since, 2018 and the 23rd walk-off balk in Major League Baseball history.
I'm surprised the Reds were the benefactors and not the losers the way the bullpen's been this year. Of course it was the only game I didn't watch during the series, so I missed out on that bit of history (well, something rare anyways). They walked off the next night as well, when Senzel knocked in the winning run in the 10th. I don't know how many people got to watch it, because Bally Sports Indiana suddenly cut away to poker in the middle of the inning. I'm unsure if those viewing on Bally Sports Ohio even got to see the end. Luckily the game was also on FS1, so I still caught the finish. Cincy then knocked around Tampa in the series finale 10-5 to get the sweep, much to the surprise of likely every Redlegs fan. And considering the Rays aren't too bad a team, and the Reds had suffered a 10 game home losing strike before the homestand, I'm quite impressed.

In other news, Luis Castillo was chosen as one of the NL pitchers for the All Star Game. Nice to see some representation despite how rough the season has been the for the team. It's a shame so many players have been injured at some point during the season. Votto, Moose, Senzel, India, Farmer, Naquin, and Stephenson - who would have made the All Star Game if he had enough at bats - are among those who have spent time on the IL, not to mention the numerous pitchers.

Despite how much I poop on them along with losing Winker, Castellanos, Barnhart, Suarez and many others over the offseason, the team has the potential to be good. Staying off the injury list and beefing up the pitching are key to them taking the next step.

Reds managed to win a series against the Yankees. I'm not sure if that says more about the Reds lack of fear (a lot of them are young) or more about the sudden struggles the Yankees are having.

The Astros and Angels are bitter rivals in the AL West. Let's see what madness these two put each other through in this series.

* HOU Astros at LAA Angels (3 games)

[GAME 1] The Astros put up 5 runs early. The Angels would later level the game at 5. The Astros end up scoring again late and have the relief pitchers secure the win. An ugly win, but a win nonetheless for the Houston Astros Baseball Club.

[GAME 2] The Angels scored first, but they later went scoring multiple runs on the Astros to force a Rubber Game tomorrow.

[GAME 3] The Astros took the lead early going 2-0. The Angels later leveled things at 2-2, and it stayed that way for most of the game. Regulation solved nothing, so we needed extra innings to settle this one. The Astros ended up winning 3-2 in 10 innings.

GM1: (6-5; Houston)
GM2: (7-1; Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)
GM3: (3-2, 10 innings; Houston)

NEXT: vs. OAK Athletics (3 games), starting on Friday

The Houston Astros are now 57-30(?) on the 2022 season so far, and that AL West is still ours. Our final series before the All-Star Break is at home against the Oakland Athletics.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations to all others who won Thursday as well!

Reds managed to win a series against the Yankees. I'm not sure if that says more about the Reds lack of fear (a lot of them are young) or more about the sudden struggles the Yankees are having.
I don't know what I witnessed. It was an unusual series to say the least. Each game was decided by 1 run. Two went into extras. The Yankees have the Major League best record. The Reds third to worst. The series is in the Bronx.

Game 1
Cincinnati can't get anything going for the first 8 innings of game 1. In comes the Yankees' All-Star closer Clay Holmes. The Yanks have not lost a single game all season when leading going into the 9th. The score is 3-0. What happens is unbelievable considering the circumstances.

Top of 9th:
-Pham walk
-Votto single
-Stephenson hit by pitch - bases loaded
-Naquin single, Pham scores - score 3-1 - bases still loaded
-Farmer hit by pitch, Votto scores - score 3-2 - bases still loaded
--Holmes, unable to record an out, replaced by former Red Wandy Peralta
-Solano groundout into fielder's choice, Fairchild (pinch runner for Stephenson) out at home, 1 out, bases still loaded
-Senzel groundout into fielder's choice, Naquin out at home, 2 outs, bases still loaded
-India single - Farmer and Solano score - score 4-3 Reds
-Drury strikeout

Bottom of 9th:
-Judge strikeout - 1 out
-LeMahieu walk - 1 out
-Torres groundout, LeMahieu out at 2nd, Torres safe at 1st - 2 outs
-Reds challenge, Torres declared out after review - 3 outs, end of game, Reds win. Wait, what!?!

Game 2
Cincy struck early for a 1-0 lead in the 1st inning. Top of the 2nd the Redlegs had back-to-back-to-back jacks with Farmer, Moose, and Fairchild (1st career home run). It all came undone in the bottom of the next inning, however. Poor defense was the cause, including India booting a ball which should have resulted in a game-inning double play. Instead NY went on to score 5. The Reds retook the lead in the top of the 5th with 2 runs, making it 6-5. But Stanton would tie it up with a bomb in the 8th. No scoring in the 9th which meant more baseball. Votto was the free runner on 2nd as Stephenson singled to start the inning. It could have resulted in a run, but Votto is an old man now and a bit slower than years past, and he stopped at 3rd base. Still, 2nd and 3rd with no outs is a good position to be in. Unfortunately Reynolds struck out and Farmer grounded into a DP to end the threat. Alexis Diaz came in to pitch for Cincinnati. LeMehieu was the runner on 2nd for the Yankees as Judge struck out swinging to begin the inning. Rizzo was intentionally walked. A wild pitch send LeMehieu to 3rd. The very next pitch was also a wild one and LeMehieu flew home to win the game for NY. Damn. The Yankees didn't even have to swing the bat if they didn't want to.

Game 3:
All-Star Luis Castillo had a spectacular game, taking a no-hitter against the best offense in baseball into the 6th inning. He did not hold them hitless, nor did he keep the shutout. But he did go 7 innings of 2 hit, 1 run, 8 strikeout baseball. Nestor Cortes, who has an excellent mustache if I must say so myself, also had an excellent game for the Yankees, going 7 innings with 4 hits, 1 run, and 4 strikeouts. As soon as those two exited, business picked up. Cincinnati put up a 3 spot. That's not necessarily safe against NY though, and they responded with 3 runs of their own in the bottom thanks to jacks from Judge and Torres. Like game 2, no scoring in the 9th. Off to extras once again! The Reds added on ANOTHER 3 runs. Surely that will be enough, right?? Carpenter proceeded to blast one into the seats to start off the bottom of the inning, and the lead was immediately down to 1 because of that darned runner beginning the inning at 2nd base. A walk and single followed later, but Cincy held on to win 7-6. Whew.

I'll tell you what, they may shoot themselves in the foot sometimes, but this team has no quit in them, taking down some tough teams recently. And yes, they are young. And still riddled with injuries. The number of times guys have been taken out of a game or scratched last second has been frustrating. But they keep finding a way to keep themselves in the game.

Last edited:
The Astros and Angels are bitter rivals in the AL West. Let's see what madness these two put each other through in this series.

* OAK Athletics at HOU Astros (3 games)

[GAME 1] When I first followed this game, Oakland was ahead 3-1 heading into the Top of the 7th. Astros couldn't do anything to bounce back, and things weren't helped much after Skye Bolt bolted a two-run homer in the Top of the 9th to really seal the game. The Astros lost 5-1 on Friday night.

[GAME 2] So how will the Astros bounce back on this Saturday afternoon? Well, part of it was having their Space City uniforms going. Another part was having Justin Verlander pitch. The biggest bit of offense came off the bat of Martin Maldonaldo- a Grand Slam in the Bottom of the 2nd to put the Astros up 4-0. One more run added by the Astros was the rest of the box scoring. We got a Rubber Game for Sunday afternoon tomorrow as the Astros won 5-0.

[GAME 3] A solo jack by Kyle Tucker one inning followed by a two-run jack by Jeremy Peña in the Bottom of the 5th put the Astros up 3-0. Heading into this game, the Houston Astros have the best winning percentage this season when hitting more than one homer (32-3). In the Top of the 6th, Oakland's side of the scoreboard finally lit up thanks to a Ramon Laureno solo homer. Then the Astros started falling apart thanks to a failed catch making the game 3-2. It would then be a 3-3 tie heading into the Bottom of the 6th. Oakland took a 4-3 lead on an RBI single in the Top of the 8th. This is four unanswered runs by the team with the worst record in the American League (OAK is 31-61 heading into Sunday) and dead last in the AL West. Ryan Pressly tied the franchise record for most consecutive batters retired by a reliever. Sadly, it wasn't enough to stop the Oakland Athletics. It's the first series we lost in a while. Win No. 60 is going to have to wait.

GM1: (5-1; Oakland)
GM2: (5-0; Houston)
GM3: (4-3; Oakland)

NEXT: All-Star Break; then, vs. NYY Yankees (2 games, Doubleheader), starting on Thursday

The Houston Astros will head into the All-Star Break with a record of 59-32 and leading the AL West. We'll have the All-Star Break to deal with, and then a make-up series that will be a doubleheader against the New York Yankees. Astros better have a great showing before having to take on the surging Seattle Mariners in Seattle this weekend.

Congratulations to all other series winners! Congratulations to all others who won today/tonight as well!

Home run. Homer. Jack. Bomb. Dinger. No matter what you call 'em, balls will be flying out of the ballpark tonight at the home of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Before I go any further, here is a standings update as we reach the All-Star Break. Find your favorite team(s) here:

--- AMERICAN LEAGUE (as of the 2022 All-Star Break) ---
AL EAST: New York Yankees (63-28), TB (51-41), TOR (50-43), BOS (48-45), BAL (46-46)
AL CENTRAL: Minnesota (50-44), CLE (46-44), CHW (46-46), DET (37-55), KC (36-56)
AL WEST: Houston (59-32), SEA (51-42), TEX (41-49), LAA (39-53), OAK (32-61)
CURRENT AL WILD CARD: TB, SEA, TOR

--- NATIONAL LEAGUE (as of the 2022 All-Star Break) ---
NL EAST: New York Mets (58-35), ATL (56-38), PHI (49-43), MIA (43-48), WAS (31-63)
NL CENTRAL: Milwaukee (50-43), STL (50-44), PIT (39-54), CHC (35-57), CIN (34-57)
NL WEST: Los Angeles Dodgers (60-30), SD (52-42), SF (48-43), COL (43-50), ARI (40-52)
CURRENT NL WILD CARD: ATL, SD, PHI

--- OTHER OBSERVATIONS ---
BEST WINNING PERCENTAGE: New York Yankees (.696)
WORST WINNING PERCENTAGE: Washington (.330)
BEST HOME RECORD: New York Yankees (30-14)
BEST AWAY RECORD: Houston (31-18)
WORST HOME RECORD: Oakland (11-31)
WORST AWAY RECORD: Cincinnati (16-29)

--- STREAKS ---
CURRENT LONGEST WINNING: Seattle (14 wins in a row)
CURRENT LONGEST LOSING: Detroit and Texas (4 losses in a row each)
BEST TEN-GAME STRETCH: Seattle (10-0)
WORST TEN-GAME STRETCH: Chicago Cubs (1-9)

Nobody's been eliminated from the postseason yet, so there is still plenty of time to make a playoff push now that we're nearing a crucial point of the season. So keep playing hard!

Who will win the 2022 Home Run Derby? Find out tonight if you'll be watching the Home Run Derby!

Tonight is the MLB All-Star Game. Teams put aside their league differences and play together as one. Who will win this season's All-Star Game- the American League or the National League? Find out tonight from Rancho Cucamonga, California, USA!

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching!

The American League won the 2022 MLB All-Star Game 3-2. The National League did the damage early scoring two runs in the Bottom of the 1st, but then the AL scored three unanswered runs to win 3-2. HOU's Framber Valdez picked up the win, and CLE's Emmanuel Clase got the Save. Tony Gonsolin of LAD was the losing pitcher.

Well, folks... we're back to work today. Six games are on the schedule for today, two doubleheaders. The doubleheader matches include NYY at HOU and DET at OAK. So that makes up for four of the six matches today. Every game onwards matters towards making the postseason. Keep battling hard!

Enjoy today's/tonight's action!

Last edited:
Back