Major League Drift Series | GTP's Best |

• Thread starter Sai
  • 185 comments
I'm in the testing mood so i am offline testing and tunning for this tournament best of luck to everyone who is competing including my self in my team mates. one question why is the pp limit set to 650 ?

You can't handle high Hp?

Y'all got problems. No more conversations unless its regarding a rule. Sign up guys.

Y'all got problems. No more conversations unless its regarding a rule. Sign up guys.

Is there a reason behind prohibiting the extended lock or is it just because people are crying about it?

Tacobell18
Is there a reason behind prohibiting the extended lock or is it just because people are crying about it?

I say its the 2nd reason.
Not like we don't see bad:censored: steering lock in D1 and FD.

I say its the 2nd reason.
Not like we don't see bad:censored: steering lock in D1 and FD.

Exactly, people think it gives you a massive advantage even though its available for everyone to use.

Exactly, people think it gives you a massive advantage even though its available for everyone to use.

I'm a purist when it comes to serious comps. Play the game the way it was made, fair for everyone. It comes down to a person's skill and tuning capabilities.

People crying, I'm trying to make this the fairest and best comp.

I'm a purist when it comes to serious comps. Play the game the way it was made, fair for everyone. It comes down to a person's skill and tuning capabilities.

Even if you use the lock it still comes down to skill. You would've known that if you actually tried it out.
I also dont see how it'll be unfair for the others that dont use it unless someone abuses it and goes 90 degrees every corner. All of that can be easily solved if there are decent judges involved.

I guess its time to hop back on my DS3.

Even if you use the lock it still comes down to skill. You would've known that if you actually tried it out.
I also dont see how it'll be unfair for the others that dont use it unless someone abuses it and goes 90 degrees every corner. All of that can be easily solved if there are decent judges involved.

I have it in a M3 04. Don't be ignorant Ish. I've used it and I know the benefits from it. I don't understand why you guys cry so much about using it. You've all been playing GT5 long enough to know how to control your cars without it and still get decent angle. :banghead:

I have it in a M3 04. Don't be ignorant Ish. I've used it and I know the benefits from it. I don't understand why you guys cry so much about using it. You've all been playing GT5 long enough to know how to control your cars without it and still get decent angle. :banghead:

The only thing about it thats benefitial is that its better to maintain the angle. If you know the benefits of it, you should also know the amount of skill it requires to maintain it. Just like in real life, theres people that got it and people that dont, but in the end its all about a persons skill. If you use it for a long time without going back you'll notice you cant really go back to a car that doesnt have it on. Doesnt matter how good you are. Im not crying about anything because i can simply go back on my DS3, ditch the wheel and signup.

Last edited:

With enough practice I can go 90* in every corner and I don't have the steering mod. I already do it in the first two turns of Suzuka if I hit it perfectly and on the hairpin of Autumn Ring.

I honestly don't see the problem with having the steering hack. Just don't park the car and everyone should be good. Plus, we could use D1 rules. Anything above 90* in a tandem = 0 points. That'll keep the guys with the hack on their toes so they don't go into full lock as often.

The only thing about it thats benefitial is that its better to maintain the angle. If you know the benefits of it, you should also know the amount of skill it requires to maintain it. Just like in real life, theres people that got it and people that dont, but in the end its all about a persons skill. If you use it for a long time without going back you'll notice you cant really go back to a car that doesnt have it on. Doesnt matter how good you are. Im not crying about anything because i can simply go back on my DS3, ditch the wheel and signup.

After using it myself and got bored very quick, I see it takes less skill to hold your thumb at full lock and stay at throttle without spinning out with the angle mod than without it. It's not only about the skill of drivers. But when they should be making mistakes or corrections like over steering too much and stalling or spinning out, this hack will reduce their chances of making mistakes and we're going to see a lot of OMT's because things will be harder for judges to determine the right calls.

After using it myself and got bored very quick, I see it takes less skill to hold your thumb at full lock and stay at throttle without spinning out with the angle mod than without it. It's not only about the skill of drivers. But when they should be making mistakes or corrections like over steering too much and stalling or spinning out, this hack will reduce their chances of making mistakes and we're going to see a lot of OMT's because things will be harder for judges to determine the right calls.

You do have a point there.👍

Then they judge on corrections. It would be somewhat unfair to other DS3 users but the judges can look at the wheels and how much they are moving. Regular DS3 users may have the dreaded "flappy wheel syndrome" but it shouldn't be as much as a "noob" flicking the stick into the corner and then flicking it out to catch the drift while going WOT and then making tons of corrections mid-corner. Same with wheel users. If the runs are the same, the one who made less corrections mid-corner (the smoothest) wins. If it's between a DS3 and wheel user, just judge accordingly because I know it can be very hard to keep the wheels steady with the travel provided by the analog stick, but, it can be done.

Excuse the 🤬 cellphone video. If you look close enough you can see how steady the front wheels are. I did this with a DS3 because I was still not used to drifting with my DFGT at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VFSwOfkGno

The max stering Lock you can have in Real Life is 60 degree.

The max stering Lock you can have in Real Life is 60 degree.

w203-3.jpg

3056753103882499900017011931103895156612438061006206963n.jpg

What were you saying? :sly:

I updated my post, but it is not set stone because I will be changing turbo depending on the track. PP will range from 514 to 557 and HP will range from 470 to 679.

Driftworks S15 had 66 degrees.

Anyway, you can defo see if someone is uses a modified steering lock. Just kick him out of the comp immediately, easy as pie.

Since, the update all secret parts have been removed. I was discuss on if steering angle will be allowed or not. Actually, i'll leave it up to some of you. What you guys think?

It should be allowed. Everyone has access to it. Not my problem if they don't want to try it. Lmao. It's much more entertaining to watch when people are going hard with the angle and speed 👍

Majority of people I've seen use it use it the wrong way. They just go lock to lock trying to go 90* or more every turn and stall every turn when they should be spinning out. I won't take part in a competition that celebrates the end of GT5 and isn't true to how we've been playing it for 3 years. Very simple, just like everyone says anyone can get the mod. Everyone can run without it.

I'll be allowing steering angle again BUT with a limit. Aslong as your not parking and we will be using the 90' and over angle rule from D1gp. OP will be updated in a bit.

Back