Makeshift Shuffle Club - Time Trials & Testing for club car lists - all welcomeOpen 

Cars being considered for a club spec 1-make list (tuning prohibited) (cars to have ready)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay so where are we going with the sport compact list?
Is that still being added to or did you guys get to subtracting already?
I'm way behind on there.

I'm still working on the 90s & hot hatches.

I haven't even finished my first set of cars yet but from what amar told me the Suzuki is way too fast and I've already decided to get rid of that. I'll work on my list but you guys should work on hot hatches and 90's first. Those lists are further along and were proposed before mine. Longbow plans to test my list once I get it narrowed down to 16 cars or less.

Yeah, I just solicited for more testers in the racing thread, to get the 90s & hatches lists nailed down.

Is there a list that's farther along than this sport compacts?
I've kind of lost the thread. So you guys tell me where we're working after the 90s & the hatches, or how far we've gotten with any other lists.

Not that I'm rushing anyone, of course. Was just looking for a status report.

Edit: I'm sounding like this is a military operation. Sorry. :odd: :indiff: :lol: :embarrassed:

I suppose I could do the Hot Hatch list sometime soon at 1 or maybe 2 tracks if I feel ambitious.

I don't think there is any other lists actively in development after the Sport Compact. Considering the reduced number of races it's probably not necessary to develop any more for the time being.

Last edited:
Well I think the only one to test amars low power and mid range race cars was amar himself. I don't know how far along he is with that but I didn't get very far with the compact list yet. Amar has times for them at Tsukuba and I'm still in the midst of getting my own set of times.

Yes, the race cars. I'm still quite keen on them but can't muster up the nerve to watch my credits disappear. :(

I'm not sure if perhaps race car lists would be more appropriate "spun off" into another "Racing Shuffle Group" instead of the shuffle group we have now. It seems pretty grounded in Stock road cars. I'm not sure though.

Agreed that we have plenty of lists at the moment. Not a bad idea to have some slowly being worked on for far down the road though.

I can give the Hot Hatches another run. I think I'll take them to Brands Indy; I've started testing there lately as it's nice and short and I'm tired of my stats screen telling me Tsukuba is my 'favourite track.' :lol: I'll definitely give the '90s list a run there as well. (I'm also slowly working on a set of times at the Nordschleife for those cars.)

Regarding my race car ideas, I'm still testing them myself as they're a kick in the pants to drive, but I don't expect anybody else to anytime soon. 4 million credits is a lot to blow for most; myself, I waste credits left and right (not too long ago I bought 5 copies of a half million credit car just to get the nifty colour change paint chips :sly: ) but my spending habits are probably not typical. I agree with @LongbowX 's point that they might be a little left of field for the series, but I still think it has potential. Some BoP issues are starting to show up among the slower cars as I'm moving to longer tracks, though (working on Monza, Suzuka and the Nordschleife). So it can gather dust while I work on it further -- though if anyone wants to test them I'd be thrilled. I still think they'd make for great racing.

A list idea that might have been forgotten about is my 'Premium Sports' -- although hardly cheap at 2.17 million, it's still a lotless than 4 million. It fits firmly in the 'stock road car' world so may be more appropriate. :) Again it can gather dust for a while. :P But it only needs one cut to bring it down to 16 cars and I probably only need one or two more sets of times to make that decision.

--amar

hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage

hi everyone well i just started posting videos on youtube this one is on nurburgring 24hr. the video is a Ferrary 458 italia '09 tuned doing a 8:01 lap time limited at 550pp with no aids but ABS no nitro real grip real slipstream penalty weak no boost no damage

interesting , but off topic and probably posted in the wrong thread :cheers:

@amarynceos I have lists that are concepts in my mind (and perhaps on paper), but nothing concrete. I think that we already have enough and with the limited schedule we will not be tired of the newer lists for a while.

Nordschleife? Wow, that's some dedication. :dopey:

4 million is not so bad...I will probably cave soon. I floated the idea of the separation between the stock and race cars to simply see others thoughts on it. I like the racing car idea quite a bit though.

The premium sports list is a neat one too, I worry that they might be a little quick for a group that seems more focused on slower machines.

Well, I would of course welcome more slower lists. :D

I don't know what would work though. Maybe as snow's database comes along something will occur to me. :)

Agreed that we have plenty of lists at the moment. Not a bad idea to have some slowly being worked on for far down the road though.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

But yeah, let's get these 2 lists done first of course, since we're already nearly half there with both of them anyway.

And I'm going to make some kind of print-friendly text page with the car lists, that people can bookmark and reference at a glance or even print out easily if so desired.
Just something I thought I'd mention working on.

I'm going to need some input on that when I get on that... because I want to have simple light printable pages - and specially for different devices/browsers. Not sure how I'm going to go about that - but I think it'll be essential when we have a bunch of car lists. Nobody's going to want to scroll through post #1 constantly. :lol:

Last edited:
Nordschleife? Wow, that's some dedication. :dopey:

Not really, for me. The bulk of my activity in GT4 and 5 was lapping the 'ring; most of the time I wasn't there, I was grinding a-spec for credits to buy cars to take on the 'ring (or collecting a-spec points in GT4, pointless as it may have been). :sly: It's actually taken me more dedication to stay off the 'ring for testing all this time.

Some may say Nordschleife times aren't as useful for list ordering purposes, due to the greater potential for lap time variability compared with shorter tracks. That's a fair point, and I would not suggest using any 'ring times unless there's already more than the minimum amount of data available for list ordering. I am pretty consistent around there, though. The main purpose of running there is to identify BoP issues that may not show up at shorter tracks. I'm only planning on 2-lap runs so the times will be probably 4 or 5 seconds off what I could do with more practice.

As for slower lists....

It would be awesome if a list could be made that included the Daihatsu Midget II. 💡 *makes note to self to make this happen* It's too bad they didn't bring back the old Midget from GT4... with the new physics it would be hilarious to drive. Reliant Robin Top Gear segment level of hilarious, I think. :dopey:

Might be hard to make a balanced list with cars that slow though... can only find out by trying, though! :gtpflag:

Ha ha yes the reliant robin that was the three wheeler that they kept flipping over because it had a very poor center of gravity :lol:. If your gonna make a three wheeler put the single wheel in the back and not the front. They did have the original midget in gt4? I don't remember all of that much from that game I haven't played it in quite awhile.

Yeah, GT4 had the '63 Midget, I think it was.... one of several great 'crappy' cars they took away from us. (I also miss the '15 Model T and -believe it or not- the Benz Patent Motor-Wagen and Daimler Motor Carriage. *sigh* )

While two wheels up front is better for turning stability, if the vehicle is a cargo hauler, like the Midget or an ice cream truck, one wheel in back will not work (unless you put the cargo bed up front).

Anyway, back in on-topic land...

Tsukuba, CS
1:06.082 -- Tesla Roadster
1:07.313 -- TVR V8S

Can I ask how you got that model t on gt4? I remember that in gt4 many cars were prize cars and that the only way to win them was to win a specific race or event. I could never figure that one out but you can't even race that car can you?

@amarynceos I meant more in terms of the time it takes to do a large list of cars. While the laps are more difficult to judge from it too, it simply occupies a great deal of time. You could lose a lot by simply dropping a wheel somewhere.

And a slow list (with the Midget) would be great. I think there are enough slow cars for one, probably.

@watermelonpunch The printable lists sheet is a great idea. Perhaps saving it as a PDF? Granted, it's not too difficult to simply copy and paste it onto a text document and print it out. Although I like my scattered, random papers. :P

@daddyo845 You won the Model T for getting all Gold in the Super Licence. I can understand not completing that. :lol:

The model t?! For gold in the super liscence?! That's funny :lol:. You get one of the slowest cars in the game for getting gold in the license that uses the fastest cars how ironic. You can't even race it can you?

The model t?! For gold in the super liscence?! That's funny :lol:. You get one of the slowest cars in the game for getting gold in the license that uses the fastest cars how ironic. You can't even race it can you?

I actually have used the MB Patent Motor at the Beginner Course in the Arcade mode in GT4 and was able to set a lap record of 2:33.621.:)

Here's an old post of mine from Nov.2009:

GTsail290
Having "borrowed" the MB Patent Motor Wagen out from under the watchful eye of a sleeping guard at the Museum, I took the Wagen down to the Beginner's Course, carefully hidden in my racing hauler, during the dead of night, following a circuitous route to prevent detection.
Risking life and limb, I removed my racing helmet for my "speed" runs on the Beginner Course.
Removing my helmet gave me a nice weight advantage, so in the Arcade Mode I have run a 2.33.621 in the Wagen.
My speeds thru the turns increased markedly since my Wagen's center of gravity was significantly lowered without all that extra helmet weight positioned so high.
I doubt that I can continue to race in these excellent chariots since the excitement has become too much for me...(plus my son's excessive laughter when he saw what I was driving is embarrassing).

GTsail290

This was from a thread in GT4 where a few GT4 nutter's were driving the MB Patent Motor around the 'Ring.:ill::crazy: It took hours since it was a challenge to drive up some of the steep Nurburgring hills.:bowdown:

GTsail

Last edited:
Patent wagen on the ring?! OMG!! :lol::lol::lol: I can't believe someone would do that. Seriously 2:33 around beginners course?! That's pathetic.

Yeah very silly!!:lol:

Here's my other post (also from Nov.2009) with the MB Motor Carriage:

GTsail290
Greetings James2097
It's nice to hear again from one of the GIANT'S in low-speed racing!
The interest that you sparked back in 2005 with this thread was just amazing.👍
I have not attempted to climb the first hill at Nurburgring, but I did try out the Motor Carriage on the Beginner Course to see if I could handle the speed.:eek: My best time on the Beginner Course in the Arcade Mode was a blistering 2.31.473
I will have to practice more with the Motor Carriage before I dare use the Motor Wagen because I understand that due to the Wagen's 3-wheel aerodynamic properties, higher speeds can be reached.:)
After my practice on the Beginner Course, I went back to Nurburgring and used the tacking method to cross the start/finish line and had a nice leisurely drive down to the first big hill. I stopped and had some lunch and contemplated the incline. Much respect to you and the others that have climbed this hill. I then drove my Motor Carriage back to the Museum where it belongs.:)

GTsail

Ghahah, I actually remember reading those posts back then, @GTsail290 -- I did all my posting at the time over at GameFAQs, but I've been lurking as a non-member around GTPlanet for ages, mainly for setups (though they still insist on calling them 'tunes' for some reason :odd:) and for Race Reports.

I myself undertook the Nurburgring Patent Motor Wagen Challenge though I honestly cannot remember if I completed it. :boggled: For a while I helped run a long-time GameFAQs thread called the 'Nurburgring Diaries' and there was no limit to what we would take out on the 'Ring for a laugh. I still fondly remember such antics as driving the Karmann Ghia up to Hohe Acht, letting it roll downhill and seeing how far one could get using gravity alone. :dopey:

Anyway, started working on a 'Turtle Power' uber-slow list. It's not every day a person can test a 60HP Daihatsu Storia/Sirion and say, 'yeah, yup, that's just plain too fast.' :lol::lol::lol: I think a list will be workable, but it will probably be on the small side; maybe a dozen cars at most.

The PP system starts to look really broken as one gets down to the bottom end; for example, the Daihatsu Midget has 34HP/284 PP (after O.C.) and the VW Kharmann Ghia 45/267, yet the Ghia is 5 seconds faster around London and 19mph faster in a straight line. The system more than likely doesn't factor the Ghia's phenomenal 77 (I think) ft-lb of torque... :P

Edit: Oh and I'm about halfway done with a set of times for the Hot Hatches at Brands Indy; I'm also testing top speeds, though this time I'm using Daytona and Le Sarthe rather than Route X with its broken wind resistance.

--amar

"Turtle Power", I like the name already. :P A dozen cars would probably be fine for most cases.

Even if the wind resistance is broken, I think @watermelonpunch is more interested in "does it hit the limiter?" so that she can schedule a Daytona/Sarthe No Chicanes race with the appropriate car.

HOT HATCHES - GVE/Rev

1:17.498 -- Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 = LongbowX
1:18.062 -- Mazda Kusabi Concept '03 = LongbowX
1:18.444 -- VW Golf V GTI '05 =LongbowX
1:19.105 -- Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 = LongbowX
1:19.202 -- Mini Cooper S '11 = LongbowX
1:19.271 -- VW New Beetle RSi '00 = LongbowX
1:19.455 -- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 = LongbowX
1:19.902 -- Volvo C30 R-Design '09 = LongbowX
1:19.912 -- Peugeot 207 GTi '07 = LongbowX
1:20.700 -- Ford Focus ST170 '03 = LongbowX
1:21.101 -- BMW 120d '04 = LongbowX
1:21.155 -- Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 = LongbowX
1:22.002 -- Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 = LongbowX
1:22.262 -- Abarth 500 '09 = LongbowX
1:23.219 -- Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05 = LongbowX

205 is a "fun" ride. :lol: 120d is the drivers choice... and a good reminder how great RWD is! Also, the Beetle isn't a hatchback, but I'll let it slide. :P

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my times done for the compact list this weekend but I'll find time for it eventually

Yes, that's definitely the better of the BMW - than the one in the traffic list. :ill:
I don't know how the beetle got in the mix, but I think it's because it didn't fit anywhere else. It's hatch-esque though.
Personally I don't think the Brera Pig belongs in with "hot" hatches. :lol: But I think the list has some fun cars at least.

Do you call the Brera a pig because it looks like a pig or is there another reason? I haven't actually payed attention to what the Brera looks like. But I would agree it doesn't really fit the concept.

It's a pig because it weighs 1750kg and handles like a barge. So not really a "hot hatch". I kind of thought that a few cars from the traffic list could be put in if you think you should remove one or two from the current list (replace Beetle with SEAT Cupra, for example). Already have some testing with them to refer to at the same tracks.

Definitely some fun cars, especially the light cars lowest on the list! Shame the Kusabi can't be painted though. I also changed the paint colour for myself...though you probably won't notice. I'm only painting the new cars it anyway. It just looks a bit more glossy and nice, especially on the premium cars.

Latest Posts

Back