Makeshift Shuffle Club - Time Trials & Testing for club car lists - all welcomeOpen 

Cars being considered for a club spec 1-make list (tuning prohibited) (cars to have ready)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why can't you paint the kusabi? Why are there any non racing vehicles that can't be painted. I mean now in gt6 there actually are racing vehicles that can be painted yet many of the concept cars can't be painted and I really don't know why.

Because PD. :sly:

Wish I had an answer. Myself, I just noticed today that one cannot paint the Kusabi; I've been repainting all the hot hatches as I worked my way through the list and reacted thusly: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :lol:

At least one can change and paint the rims, so that's something I guess? I was hoping to paint it in my new choice of Matte Red, as matte colours help to mask the ugly GT4 legacy low-poly meshes, but alas. (Phasing out the garish Reflex Spice.)

Just two more runs and I'll be done with a set of times for the Hot Hatches.

Yes, PD seems to be fan of the esoteric.

Reflex spice is a great colour, I've always liked it. :P I always kind of thought that the matte paints make all the cars look like mush.

I like reflex spice but I don't think it looks all that great on some cars but it looks good on a lot of the cars

Reflex Spice and most other colour-shift paints look good on well-rendered cars, but not so good on cars with funky jagged polygons. If all the models were up to semi-premium status I'd probably stick with Reflex Spice (with some Chameleon Orange for variety; really love that colour too).

Times!

HOT HATCHES

Comfort Soft Tires

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit

0:55.427 -- Mazda Kusabi Concept '03 = amarynceos
0:56.402 -- Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85
0:56.874 -- Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 = amarynceos
0:56.927 -- VW Golf V GTI '05 = amarynceos
0:57.197 -- VW New Beetle RSi '00 = amarynceos
0:57.318 -- Peugeot 207 GTi '07 = amarynceos
0:57.403 -- Mini Cooper S '11 = amarynceos
0:57.678 -- Volvo C30 R-Design '09 = amarynceos
0:57.940 -- Ford Focus ST170 '03 = amarynceos
0:58.072 -- Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 = amarynceos
0:58.086 -- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 = amarynceos
0:58.198 -- Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 = amarynceos
0:58.794 -- BMW 120d '04 = amarynceos
0:58.995 -- Abarth 500 '09 = amarynceos
0:59.771 -- Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05 = amarynceos

Quibbles about unpaintability and questionable styling aside, the Kusabi is a fantastic little car, nimble and lively. I actually went through Graham Hill Bend sideways twice!

205 could have turned a bit faster time but I didn't want to give it an unfair amount of laps. Thing's a handful.

Top speeds to come later; about halfway through testing the list I realized that noting both the redline and what revs the top speed was at would be most useful, so I'm going to go back through and get that data for the rest of the cars. :/

The Brera Pig is just a pig like Longbowx says. It's just awful. And it wouldn't fit anywhere. And lots of the hot hatches don't fit. But they do considert he Brera to be a hot hatch - I mean in real life. :boggled:

I was never particularly keen on Reflex Spice, until I saw amar's certain cars in certain photomodes then I was thinking wow that's great. It looks very good on the Autozam for example. Unusually good. There were some others.
Anyway the traffic & the hot hatch list were kind of split up by what I thought was well... possible.
And to get everything in use in that range of cars I guess.

I like the kusabi. Though it's high up on the list so we'll rarely use it except for 1-make anyhow.

Since most of the Hot Hatch list are premiums, I've bedecked them in Reflex Spice. :D I had painted the whole list in Matte Red when I decided I didn't like it on most of them. I don't want to think about how many credits I've spent on paint thus far. :|

Anyway,

Hot Hatches - Top Speeds (tested at Daytona)

(bold = gear limited)

car -- redline -- top speed/rpm

Abarth 500 '09 -- 6.5k -- 134mph @ 5.9k
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 -- 7k -- 140mph @ 6.1k
BMW 120d '04 -- 5.5k -- 145mph @ 4.1k
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 -- 8k -- 141mph @ 7.1k
Ford Focus ST170 '03 -- 7.5k -- 144mph @ 6.4k
Mazda Kusabi Concept '03 -- 7k -- 142mph @ 6.8k
Mini Cooper S '11 -- 7k -- 141mph @ 6k
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 -- 8k -- 152 mph @ 7.2k
Peugeot 207 GTi '07 -- 7k -- 144mph @ 7k
Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 -- 7k -- 141mph @ 7k

Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05 -- 7.5k -- 128mph @ 7.1k
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05 -- 7.5k -- 143mph in 5th, doesn’t use 6th
Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00 -- 7k -- 149mph @ 6.5k
Volvo C30 R-Design '09 -- 7k -- 147mph @ 4.8k

Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 -- 163mph in 5th gear, doesn’t use 6th

Suggestion for replacement for Pig Window, if it gets ditched and if a replacement is deemed necessary:

Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Brands Hatch Indy -- 0:57.631
Tsukuba -- 1:09.798
Redline is 9k, top speed at Daytona is 148mph @ 8.3k.
(In my opinion, a Hot Hatch list without a Honda Civic, arguably the most quintessential Hot Hatch of them all, is an odd thing. But that's just my opinion. :) )

----------

Just have four cars left to run around the 'Ring on the '90s sports list.

You know, I always think of newer Civics as not hatches. Because everyone I've ever known with a Civic has had a trunk.
Kind of like the discussion earlier in the thread with @Phouchg about the Yaris parked in my driveway with the trunk.

If you want to add it in, we can do that. There's room at any rate.

Just need me to test it on Deep Forest, @LongbowX on GVER.

Hah, conversely I still have this reaction :odd: when I see Civic sedans or wagons. I think every Civic I encountered until my late 20s has been a hatchback... the 70's and 80's Civic hatchbacks are - or at least were - really common in the Northwest. When I think 'Civic' I think of those tiny little first and second generation 3-doors.

Anyway, I think it would be an appropriate member of the list.

Also, there are Yarises with trunks? o_O :lol:

Hatchbacks sort of died in North America. They don't even sell the Civic in a hatch here anymore (and for some time, which is sad!). They're sort of slowly going the way of wagons. I don't really understand why.

I approve of the Civic being added though, I think it's definitely true that the hot hatch list isn't really complete without a Civic. I will test it sometime soon when I get to my other testing shortly.

I was curious so I poked around the sites of various Honda dealers in the region, and yeah, the only Honda hatchbacks I could find were Fits and Insights. Apparently they (Honda) aren't even going to bring the new Type R to North America! :irked:

Times! (Only noted to a tenth of a second because Nordschleife.)

90s Sport List
Nurburgring Nordschleife offline time trial
2 laps - one reccy, one full tilt

7:53.7 -- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94 = amarynceos
7:56.9 -- Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 = amarynceos
7:57.1 -- Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 = amarynceos
7:57.3 -- Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99 = amarynceos
8:00.6 -- Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 = amarynceos
8:03.4 -- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 = amarynceos
8:03.8 -- TVR V8S '91 = amarynceos
8:04.7 -- Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98 = amarynceos
8:05.5 -- Acura NSX '91 = amarynceos
8:06.5 -- Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 = amarynceos
8:08.7 -- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94 = amarynceos
8:09.8 -- Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98 = amarynceos
8:12.0 -- Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98 = amarynceos
8:13.3 -- Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 = amarynceos

The MR2 should have been a few seconds faster but man.... :scared: that may have been the most terrifying 26 minutes I've ever spent on the 'Ring. (I had to do a third lap because, well, guess. Spin spin spinny spin wheeeeee *boom*.) I crawled through a lot of corners for the sake of keeping it pointed forwards. Kind of fun, in an orifice-puckering manner. I think the best spin was one coming out of Galgenkopf where I did a complete 360

(I even managed to roll it at Adenauer-Forst, something I haven't done in a while. :P)

I was curious so I poked around the sites of various Honda dealers in the region, and yeah, the only Honda hatchbacks I could find were Fits and Insights. Apparently they (Honda) aren't even going to bring the new Type R to North America! :irked:

Times! (Only noted to a tenth of a second because Nordschleife.)

90s Sport List
Nurburgring Nordschleife offline time trial
2 laps - one reccy, one full tilt

7:53.7 -- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94 = amarynceos
7:56.9 -- Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 = amarynceos
7:57.1 -- Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 = amarynceos
7:57.3 -- Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99 = amarynceos
8:00.6 -- Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 = amarynceos
8:03.4 -- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 = amarynceos
8:03.8 -- TVR V8S '91 = amarynceos
8:04.7 -- Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98 = amarynceos
8:05.5 -- Acura NSX '91 = amarynceos
8:06.5 -- Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 = amarynceos
8:08.7 -- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94 = amarynceos
8:09.8 -- Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98 = amarynceos
8:12.0 -- Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98 = amarynceos
8:13.3 -- Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 = amarynceos

The MR2 should have been a few seconds faster but man.... :scared: that may have been the most terrifying 26 minutes I've ever spent on the 'Ring. (I had to do a third lap because, well, guess. Spin spin spinny spin wheeeeee *boom*.) I crawled through a lot of corners for the sake of keeping it pointed forwards. Kind of fun, in an orifice-puckering manner. I think the best spin was one coming out of Galgenkopf where I did a complete 360

(I even managed to roll it at Adenauer-Forst, something I haven't done in a while. :P)

?^?^? :confused: wut

So, we just need a few more sets of times to get these two lists off the ground, right? If we can get one finalized this week, I'd like to use it on Sunday's round.

I've already done two sets for each, but I could pull myself away from testing my race car list if need be. Would be better to get other testers' data though, methinks. Need at least one more person to test the '90s Sports list, at any rate.

(I'm continuing to evaluate the race cars on different rubber and different tracks, with the idea in mind of doing a splinter shuffle-based series in the near future. Going to collect the GT500/GT3/etcetera base models and generate a list based off of them as well. Details to come as I work out the kinks. :D )

-amar

I really do want to test those lists but I simply have not had the time to do much testing done.
I can't relate.

Edit: I CAN relate. Good gravy that was a silly error. I mean I SO can relate. :dopey:

We'll eventually get them tested it by enough of us.

So nobody feel the need to knock yourselves out, especially if you've already posted a set of times for each or 2 sets each especially!!
I just keep announcing it in case any further drivers have some time to test the cars.

As for @ford_racer ... I wonder if that was a mobile app accident while viewing the thread. :dopey:
He may not even know he posted that. He's probably wondering why he's getting alerts now for this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@LongbowX I actually rather like that it's on there; I see it as a challenge to get better.

I won't be doing much testing until I get used to my new pedal springs; at the moment I'm a bit slower than I was before. Fortunately I just about finished the first round of testing for my second Touring Car list, which has bankrupted me and forced me to actually touch career mode for the first time in about 2 months.

@amarynceos The MR2 gives the same message to me. :lol: Must improve!

HOT HATCHES - Suzuka East

1:00.742 -- Mazda Kusabi Concept '03 = LongbowX
1:00.925 -- Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85 = LongbowX
1:01.055 -- BMW 120d '04 = LongbowX
1:01.350 -- VW Golf V GTI '05 =LongbowX
1:01.887 -- Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 = LongbowX
1:02.043 -- VW New Beetle RSi '00 = LongbowX
1:02.250 -- Peugeot 207 GTi '07 = LongbowX
1:02.279 -- Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
1:02.281 -- Mini Cooper S '11 = LongbowX
1:02.862 -- Ford Focus ST170 '03 = LongbowX
1:03.168 -- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 = LongbowX
1:03.302 -- Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 = LongbowX
1:03.407 -- Volvo C30 R-Design '09 = LongbowX
1:03.446 -- Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09 = LongbowX
1:03.575 -- Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05 = LongbowX
1:04.400 -- Abarth 500 '09 = LongbowX

The 120d is a phenomenal handler. Very neutral in everything. So that's why it performed so well - Suzuka East punishes the FWD cars with the transitions under power. No problem with the BMW.

I don't mind duplicates so much. Especially since I don't think it's been used very much. Having some duplicates cuts down on the cars to buy and spend our paltry amount of credits on.

I was musing in the room yesterday that I'd like to make another vintage list, if I could figure out a good one. The Vintage list is my favourite I think. It would be a little higher speed than the current one. I think there would be a few duplicates with the Legends list though.

GT6 Nurburgring Nordschleife Corvette Z06 C6 '06 550pp Lap Time 6:21 With Tune
check my youtube channel anghell granturismo for more videos

very odd that.

But yes, I've been hoping for another Vintage list. Maybe "antiques" :D ;)
Or something of that nature.
There are several vintage cars I would've hoped to get into a list.

Back