Makeshift Shuffle Club - Time Trials & Testing for club car lists - all welcomeOpen 

Cars being considered for a club spec 1-make list (tuning prohibited) (cars to have ready)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes... FINALLY.

Well so peeps gotta fill me in more on any car changes at the update.

The last data update in this thread was in April/May, so the TT times might not include the new physics introduced in 1.09:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-update-1-09-undocumented-changes-in-op-lock.311572/

It's a long time, but if i remember correctly all cars got different suspension settings, the top speed of many cars had been reduced, and cornering was also a little different, some said the MR cars where easier to handle.

The last data update in this thread was in April/May, so the TT times might not include the new physics introduced in 1.09:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-update-1-09-undocumented-changes-in-op-lock.311572/

It's a long time, but all cars got different suspension settings, the top speed of many cars had been reduced, and cornering was also a little different, some said the MR cars where easier to handle.

Some of the formerly "very, very tricky" cars became rather nimble...

well... I guess we'll find out.
Perhaps the top speed info will have to be adjusted.

But here's the thing... the lists are skewed toward better drivers, because more better drivers did more testing for this. I've tried to do as much testing as I could, and tried to get a variety of drivers to test the cars, but the fact remains that one complaint has always been that the MR cars are in the lists where they make sense for the more alien skilled drivers, but not so much for the average driver...
So if that's the case... it should just make our lists more widely better, if those tricky cars are now easier for the average person.
Because let's face it... the fastest drivers would be fast anyway.

In other words, the lists are ordered... mainly all about the cars' power to perform - torque & speed on straights are what's decided these lists much more than handling ever did.

FYI:
I've posted a Time Trial in the club area on Matterhorn track ... because that's where I'm going t o test the 90s list. So i figured I'd open it as a time trial for everyone to test drive the 90s cars. :D
I think the results are posted when people run it.

APPEND:

Point is, I'm not overly concerned.
The lists are not written in stone forever more anyhow. So if upon racing, we decide there's something hinky about a car in a list, we'll put it to the crowd vote to adjust its position in the list.

Yes, the fastest lap stays visible in the event page after finish of the TT. You can even run against others to make it more fun, but there is draft biasing the results... :crazy:
I think I set it to "race alone". But I'm not sure.
Drafting wouldn't effect that then would it?

I figured that peeps might want to go in there together.
I mean that if someone had a Time Trials lobby open, someone else might decide to join if they saw it.
So I figured that would help so that someone couldn't barge in and disrupt someone else's laps.

(I just imagined someone thinking I was speaking as if about ladies going to the rest room together. :lol: :lol:)

I think I set it to "race alone". But I'm not sure.
Drafting wouldn't effect that then would it?

If you "race alone", you can still do the TT with others, but you only see their ghost. And drafting is off then.
So it's still fun to do it, but it's a little artificial, at least for me.

I figured that peeps might want to go in there together.
I mean that if someone had a Time Trials lobby open, someone else might decide to join if they saw it.
So I figured that would help so that someone couldn't barge in and disrupt someone else's laps.

You still have to enter the TT "race" (green flag button) in the room, and the host has to start the TT, it runs for a set time, and at the end the fastest lap counts. So when the TT is started, nobody can enter, only shout on the chat.;)

(I just imagined someone thinking I was speaking as if about ladies going to the rest room together. :lol: :lol:)
:D

Nobody should be shouting on the chat ever! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a firm believer that if you enter a room and someone's in the middle of something, the chat ought to be kept to a minimum...
And if a race is going on, spectators should hush while the race is going on.
I don't mind, if there's room, if people want to spectate... I know I like to spectate sometimes.

But you can practice before you start the time trial "green flag", right?
Well still, at least people wouldn't be chased away from doing it together. Like people saying "hey go make your own lobby". :lol: :D

Woohoo! :gtpflag: Looking forward to seeing the '90s sport list come online. Looks like I already did several sets of times, so I won't be doing any more testing for that one. :sly:

I might, maybe, rerun my Laguna time set, just to see if there are notable differences in handling -- those times are before the big change in settings several updates back (the one that gave us all these funky-ass stock toe and camber settings).

So far I haven't noticed much difference in any of the cars I've driven so far that I had before.
The Celica 70 is EXACTLY the same - it MUST be because it felt absolutely the same handling as before, and about the same power as before in relation to the other vintage cars (that I was racing with).

The spitfire felt the same too... However of course it's handling, especially stock, is MUCH better online than it was in GT5, but I always thought that was a GT5 online issue, where certain tracks it was a bit wild.

I haven't tried the STRATOS yet.

The Muira Bertone... I honestly think it feels a little lesser handling - that it felt easier to drive in GT5. But I can't be sure, it could just be that I'm rusty... and I hadn't been able to buy it in GT6 until now.

It seems to me that people think the PAO has a bit more power than before, and that has been said about the Marcos too.
But is it enough of a difference to really change anything? I don't know.

Oh - I think the Skyline 67 is actually nerfed on the top speed. I mean I think it was faster before.
Note that this car would've been a higher number because of its power... but was made #1 because of it's hinky handling and general propensity to let most average drivers down coming out of a corner. haha And honestly, I don't think that's changed. I think it's actually gotten worse if anything... Felt a bit STIFFER to me. And frankly, it's give (& forgive) was what I thought it had going for it.

The Cube & the Volvo Estate - power & power band were exactly as I remembered.

The 507 might have a better top speed now, not sure. If it does, I don't think it's something that would change it in the order.

The KA power/speed... well it was a P.O.S. on the nurb, as I said... But honestly, I don't recall much about the Ka's top speed from last year... The handling seems the same. I don't think I ever drove it much on any hilly tracks, so it's completely possible the Ka's speed was that awful before.

It's mainly on higher performance cars where the difference, when present, is more pronounced -- along with some of the nuttier MRs. (I haven't driven it in a while, but as I recall the Stratos is rather easier to handle.) I'd be surprised if there were any really notable changes in the behaviour of members of the Low Power or Vintage list.

I'm really enjoying the event time trial. THere's something more structured about testing this way that makes it feel like something happens or something. haha. Not sure what it is about that. It's kind of like oh, I have only a limited set amount of time w/ the car. And then I don't have to write down my time, and I don't have to watch the lap amounts or time I'm spending... because it's all done for me. Pretty cool feature.

I'm also sorting through a possible 80s list as well.
Not sure what direction to go in with that, so I figure I'll just slap some ideas together while I have time, and run with it.

I'm really enjoying the event time trial. THere's something more structured about testing this way that makes it feel like something happens or something. haha. Not sure what it is about that. It's kind of like oh, I have only a limited set amount of time w/ the car. And then I don't have to write down my time, and I don't have to watch the lap amounts or time I'm spending... because it's all done for me. Pretty cool feature.

The TTs in the GTPlanet club where a blast since i first tried them, racing with others against the clock is really fun!
BTW, i have a 90s room open right now!

I'm nearly finished with my 90s list testing on the time trial.
Excited to get this list on board! I'm really warming to it. Some of the cars are really interesting driving actually.

I'm also looking at maybe an 80s list for the next round of testing. 💡

Here's a broad list of 80s cars... (and their PPs)
Out of 26 ... we should be able to get a list.

Nissan EXA CANOPY L.A.Version Type S '88 345
Honda ACCORD Coupe '88 346
Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89 346
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83 355
Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81 355
Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 359
Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) '88 365
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83 365
Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 366
Honda BALLADE SPORTS CR-X 1.5i '83 369
Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86 378
Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 384
Toyota CELICA 2000GT-R (ST162) '86 386
Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81 386
Honda CITY Turbo II '83 388
Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '88 399
Mitsubishi GALANT 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR-4 '89 415
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 429
Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 432
Buick GNX '87 434
Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88 436
Ford RS200 '84 439
Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) '83 442
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89 446
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89 447
Isuzu 4200R '89 465

I'm nearly finished with my 90s list testing on the time trial.
Excited to get this list on board! I'm really warming to it. Some of the cars are really interesting driving actually.

I'm also looking at maybe an 80s list for the next round of testing. 💡

Here's a broad list of 80s cars... (and their PPs)
Out of 26 ... we should be able to get a list.

Nissan EXA CANOPY L.A.Version Type S '88 345
Honda ACCORD Coupe '88 346
Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89 346
Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83 355
Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81 355
Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 359
Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) '88 365
Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (AE86) '83 365
Toyota COROLLA LEVIN GT-APEX (AE86) '83 366
Honda BALLADE SPORTS CR-X 1.5i '83 369
Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86 378
Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 384
Toyota CELICA 2000GT-R (ST162) '86 386
Toyota CELICA XX 2800GT '81 386
Honda CITY Turbo II '83 388
Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '88 399
Mitsubishi GALANT 2.0 DOHC Turbo VR-4 '89 415
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 429
Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 432
Buick GNX '87 434
Toyota SUPRA 3.0GT Turbo A '88 436
Ford RS200 '84 439
Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) '83 442
Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89 446
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '89 447
Isuzu 4200R '89 465
I'm already ready to start testing. :P

UPDATE:
@tarnheld & I are working on our lists as is.. there may have been a math error (on my part)

I'm so determined to have a working list to test race tomorrow. :lol:

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out.

Though the following testing would NOT be a bad thing.

--------------------

Okay, in particular we need these 90s cars tested more:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98
Acura NSX '91
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
TVR V8S '91
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91

@Cu3e
if you get a chance can you run the time trial with these cars:

priority:
TVR V8S '91

and if you have time these:

@tarnheld

if you get a chance please run the 90s time trial with these cars:

priority:

if you have time these too:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94 = 18

@amarynceos

if you get a chance can you run the 90s time trial with these cars:

Last edited:
@watermelon punch , I'll be home later tonight and see what I can do 👍

I think we've got the list sorted now!
But it won't hurt to have some extras tested for good measure.
:nervous:
Always concerned bringing out a new list...

This is what the list looks like as of now:

1. Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
  2. Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
  3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
  4. Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98
  5. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
  6. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
  7. Acura NSX '91
  8. TVR V8S '91
  9. Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
  10. Toyota SUPRA RZ '97
  11. Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
  12. Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
  13. Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
  14. Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98

If anyone has any questions, concerns, say so soon! :)

Thanks @temuster, more data means more confidence in the list! Have put your recent TT results to good use. The list above stays the same, but some ties have been broken now more clearly.

Thanks to all who did the club 90's TT, all times were used in making the list.

Nice. 👍

I'm going to leave the 90s Time trial event open longer in the club events... So that we can just collect more times ... and people can have some fun trying out the cars as well.

And I've posted the 80s Time trial in club events on Rome Reverse.
I've started this myself.
The car list is pretty varied... I just threw in a bunch... Maybe we'll go with having 2 lists out of those, and add in some other cars if it makes sense.
Like an 80s Japan list and a nostalgic sports list or something. :lol:
The point is to get a handle on the cars.

And @tarnheld when you get a chance, can you make another spreadsheet for the 80s list. :D :D :D

:bowdown: @tarnheld makes data collection much more easy and fun. :)

Oh, and btw, that Accord. :ill: That's a real wallowy pig. Well, at least at Rome. I highly recommend trying it just so you can join me in trying to decide if the car has any redeeming qualities whatsoever. :rolleyes:

If you are testing the 80's list, please include at least one of the following slower cars:
  • Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89
  • Honda CIVIC 1500 3door 25i '83
  • Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81
  • Honda ACCORD Coupe '88
  • Honda CITY Turbo II '83
and at least one of the faster cars:
  • Nissan 300ZX 2seater (Z32) '89
  • Ford RS200 '84
  • Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
  • Nissan SILVIA 240RS (S110) '83
  • Isuzu 4200R '89
Then even if you cannot do all cars, it will be possible to use your result of any other car sensibly.

Thanks for testing!

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
TEST INFO NEEDED

The gift prize for doing a batch of these is getting a car-list/track combination pick for an upcoming Makeshift Shuffle Series (scheduled in the day/series of your choice).
(FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)

If you're going to do a batch of these, post in this thread indicating which batch you're going to work on.
(So that nobody's wasting time doing duplicate batches.)
Then when you're done collecting the information, post it in this thread, and then you can indicate your pick. 👍

The deadline would be that you should either get them done within a week of posting here that you intend to, or at least post back in the thread if you're not making that deadline, to let us know you're still working on it. So no hard deadline, just don't forget about us. lol

Please use this as a format to present the info.

Make, Model, (PP after oil change) (top speed) price cr. (redline/limiter) (comfort soft)
Example:
Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79 (346pp) (130mph) (9,570 cr) (redline) (comfort medium)

SO FOR EACH CAR:
  1. What grade of tires the car comes with stock
  2. Credits Price to buy the car
  3. Verified PP after oil change
  4. TOP SPEED (mph) measured by driving it out on SSRX until it tops out
  5. Verify if the car goes into the redline or hits the limiter
Done
BATCH A
COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Abarth 500 '09
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
BMW 120d '04
Volvo C30 R-Design '09
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05

BATCH B
COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Suzuki SWIFT Sport '05
Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05
Ford Focus ST170 '03
Mini Cooper S '11
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02
Mazda Kusabi Concept '03

@amarynceos scheduled to complete
BATCH C
SPORTS HARD TIRES

Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
Acura NSX '91
Toyota SUPRA RZ '97
Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96

BATCH D
SPORTS HARD TIRES

TVR V8S '91
Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98

THANK YOU.

Last edited:
BATCH A
COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Abarth 500 '09-29,500/CS/377/147/139/redline
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09-28,500/CS/388/153/145/before redline
BMW 120d '04-33,020/CS/394/158/155/before redline
Volvo C30 R-Design '09-42,000/CS/422/168/162/before redline
Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97-19,980/CS/397/163/156/after redline
Volkswagen New Beetle RSi '00-94,050/CS/411/160(hit limiter on the hill)/155(500 RPM from limiter)
Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05-32,750/CS/411/166/158/before redline
Did list A.
Format: price/tire/pp/max speed on hill/top speed flat/RPM's

Latest Posts

Back