Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

I will miss the last race in the first event today. I will also be late for the second event. Just a heads up.

Not that it matters anything else than knowing how to improve myself... What did I do wrong in turn 2 on lap 1? I checked the replay and all i did was hug the inside line through the corner. Was I laggy to you @watermelon punch?
I will check the steward reviews I got to double-check & make sure (and get back to you)... (There were lots of steward reviews, you understand.)
I think you may have been "more behind" heading into the corner, so that creating a 3+ wide into the corner was partially your responsibility.
(FYI: From what I remember, mostly both of us, you & I, were trapped into the situation. But as I was involved, I defer to other steward reviews. 👍)

Excellent! Some really exciting mix-ups with the pitting & such. :eek:
Sorry I was a little distracted during race #2 and nearly made a mess of things. I wound up with damage & then going in the not-pit lane. :boggled: That was embarrassing. Not to mention it didn't help. :lol::odd:

@amarynceos
Yeah the Volvo C30 isn't exactly as stable as I thought it would be. :lol: (I hadn't tested it with drafting, tbh.)

Maybe should've stuck with my old GT5 shuffle room staple for ovals... the Brera Pig Window. :lol:
(Frankly, it's the only thing the Pig Window is good for. LOL)

Nothing in particular, but you contributed to crowding at the beginning of the race. Most of the drama could be avoided if we took paragraph 9 of the OLR serious, especially point C. But it's hard in the heat of the moment... :). I learned my lesson here, sorry for the mess i created. :cheers:
This really explains it best. 👍
All of us in that turn in the start of that race at Willow were pretty far from the OLR. :guilty: (including me)
And since it caused chaos and some crashes... we all who are involved get dinged for having contributed... in order to be fair to those who did not involve themselves at all in the race start drama. :) 👍

Although I was not involved in the race, I think one of the causes to a crazy lap one on big willow is the fact that the cars are very close to each other at the start. Most other tracks have more space between the cars at the start of the race.

Yeah Willow does have a tight starting grid and probably does contribute to some anxiousness.

Matterhorn starting grids are pretty tight too.

I also don't like the non-staggered grid at Mt Panorama. :odd:

Ascari is a tight starting grid and then a problematic first turn being that crazy chicane. :crazy:

But... this is why I call "Caution Turn 1" before the race start at some tracks with issues.

Like Monza. Too many times people try to fit through there 4-wide and there just isn't room, even if we were all in Mazda Carols & Honda Z Acts. :odd::lol:
(It's probably because the starting grid is JUST far enough away from the chicane for everyone to build up a good speed in draft and then to have to squeeze through there. :crazy:)
It's why I prefer Monza 80 so much better, and Monza no chicane... Though the other day at Monza No Chicane... I managed to stuff it up at the 2nd chicane since there wasn't a first. :rolleyes::guilty:

I don't know if some of you who have been around awhile remember this... But in GT5 at Nurburgring 24hrs we used to do a single file start with no passing until exit of the 2nd turn, because everyone would get so fed up with starts there. I don't know what (if anything) changed in GT6 there, but it doesn't seem to be quite so big a problem in GT6.

Last edited:
That's always good way to start. It's been used in some other race series too.
I don't know if some of you who have been around awhile remember this... But in GT5 at Nurburgring 24hrs we used to do a single file start with no passing until exit of the 2nd turn, because everyone would get so fed up with starts there. I don't know what (if anything) changed in GT6 there, but it doesn't seem to be quite so big a problem in GT6.

That were some great first experiences with online oval racing for me yesterday.👍

I didn't expect that to be so much fun. But the relatively slow speeds and the bump draft thing made it possible to stay together as a "train". :lol:

In the first race at Motegi sadly the lag problems of @Chiochan (no blame on you, it's just annoying when it happens) caused a heavy bump and ruined my engine and front so I had to pit and come back on track all alone.:boggled: After maybe 8-10 super boring laps fortunately @amarynceos decided to drop back to me as he was feeling all lonely too.:lol:
The last lap was tactical, I was in front but afraid he could draft out of last corner and catch me before finish line. So I decided to be active, lifted throttle, lined up behind him and tried the draft move out of last corner myself. But it didn't work out:banghead:, close finish though and really exciting.:cheers:

I have to mention that considering controlling I'm a total "oldschool driver".:crazy:
D-Pad = steering, x = throttle, o = brake, AT
(alternatively left stick for smoother steering on ovals)
I used to have R2/L2 configured for shifting though I never used them. But after my first incidents in online racing I changed that to R2= look right, L2= look left which is really cool as it gives me much more possibilities to check my position.👍

After my big fail due to AT in the Autozam (AT stayed in 4th gear:odd:) on Tuesday I tried the MT yesterday. My current controls configuration is left stick up = shift up, left stick down = shift down which makes controlling a bit messy.:crazy:

While in 1st race there was no shifting to 5th gear needed in 2nd race it seemed mandatory to me to shift to 6th gear on the long straights of Indy.

Sadly I had an accident right in the beginning of that race and had to race alone again after pitting.:boggled: It was not as boring as in the first race because I tried to do some "shifting chess" (I guess tacom08 observed that and has commented it therefore:lol:). Shift up to 6th gear at the beginning of back straight, shift down to 5th at the end of finishing straight, meanwhile lifting throttle just enough on the entry to the turns after the long straights. That whole "chess" made me achieve a best lap time of 1:08,4 which satisfied me at least a little as my only goal left was to drive the best lap possible alone. Then I overdid it in one turn and crashed in the boundary.:dunce: But I was really suprised seeing place 6/7 on the HUD as @ryzno must have had a problem and needed to pit a 2nd time too.:eek:

The last laps my right front tyre was pretty worn and I wasn't able to do 1:08 times anymore. On lap 22 I recognized that the leading train of @jammy21 and @amarynceos would probably catch me on their last lap. Actually I didn't want to be involved in the finish descicion as a lapped driver but on the other hand I didn't want to slow down too much as I wasn't sure about my gap to @ryzno in 7th place.:rolleyes: Out of the last turn I was lifting throttle and moved far left so I wasn't interfering the two and they could do their finish line duell right to me. @amarynceos was direct behind me, sliped by me but then @jammy21 gained some speed in my draft and was able to finish 0,004 s (!!!) in front of @amarynceos. So I was more active in the descicion as I wanted to be but it was a very exciting photo finish to watch too.:lol:

Sorry for double posting, but.......

Update 1.16 is out !!!!!!!!!

Midfield baby!:bowdown::D:cool::lol::sly:👍

I have a feeling what the track for tomorrows track day will be.;)
(Sadly I don't have time and will miss it:banghead:)

Be aware that the update is 536MB in size.

So you better not switch your PS3 on only 5 min before start of todays Spec Micro Enduro Cup.;)

I'm thinking about making a one-make pub lobby to race Midfield. 💡
(Since I'm anxious to get on it.)

If anyone's down with that, let me know.

FYI: I have updated all the club events so everything's in order now again.
The update had deleted all event settings saved in club/community. And it made the Time Trials inaccessible for example. But it's all right now. 👍

Last edited:
RESULTS
Hot Hatch Oval Cup
Wednesday 25 February 2015

1. jammy21 / GTP_Jammy (22 pts)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (14 pts)
  3. tarnheld / tarnheld (13 pts)
  4. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (10 pts)
  5. ryzno / ryzno (9 pts)
  6. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (7 pts)
  7. John Wells / johnwells69 (6 pts)
  8. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (5 pts)

Race #1: 24 laps @ Motegi Super Speedway // Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
IMG_0139.jpg

Race #2: 24 laps @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway // Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
IMG_0147.jpg

Race #3: 24 laps @ Daytona Super Speedway // Volvo C30 R-Design '09
IMG_0150.jpg

@jammy21
Rockin' the superspeedways :)

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday 26 February 2015
2:30pm US EST / 7:30pm GMT / 8:30pm CET / 19:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spec Micro Enduro Cup
One-Make Spec, Tuning Prohibited
Heavy Damage, 1 mandatory pit stop
Race #1: 14 laps @ Suzuka East Course // Abarth 500 '09
Race #2: 3 laps @ Sarthe 2009 no chicanes // Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
Race #3: 12 laps @ Indianapolis Road Course // Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78

I will be opening up the lobby early for practice.

I also suspect that everyone wants to do Midfield for the Track Day Shuffle tomorrow. 👍
Only thing to vote for is whether it's forward or reverse. :)

I'm going to try really hard to make it to track day tomorrow. I love midfield and although I've been busy, I can't pass up track day on midfield.

Disconnecting from new room. :confused:

I want the old one back...

-----

And can't seem to enter room #3...

I almost never have connection issues. :banghead:

Last edited:
My son and his friend have taken over the PS3 since I was having frustration in joining. It's a good/bad thing - the boys are having fun doing 'combat racing' against each other in multiplayer mode, but their inability to drive a straight line or to brake when they want to is somewhat of a concern for the father of the 15 year, 11 month old child... and for my cars.

Back