Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

What is the point of saying it if you are not naming names? If you have a grievance talk to a steward and have it looked at. If it happens as much as you say then name names and particular incidents to a steward to stop this in the future.

I don't understand the point of this ambiguous complaining?

You should report that, we don't want drivers to be unhappy because of others behaviour so report it and someone will check it out and maybe give the drivers a warning if deemed necessary.

I know that I can be like that sometimes so a general warning to be more careful in to the corners would be in its place. You have to remember that not everyone uses the latest possible braking point and be ready for that (that's what i am trying to teach myself..)

What is the point of saying it if you are not naming names? If you have a grievance talk to a steward and have it looked at. If it happens as much as you say then name names and particular incidents to a steward to stop this in the future.

I don't understand the point of this ambiguous complaining?
When its egregious I report it. Why name names in the public thread? You know it if you've done it. The ambiguous complaining is a circumspect way of making the issue public so that people don't feel this is universally accepted as ok driving.

I am not saying name names in the thread, I said report them to a steward. Someone may also not know they did it. That is a bad assumption within an online game.

I'm not sure everyone realises themselves that they have done anything wrong. That's why you should report when you feel someone's been dirty. Doesn't help much being annoyed in general in the thread because that just means everyone will think it's them and feel accused and maybe defend themselves and that creates a bad vibe in the thread.

So give a report to stewards and they will give out a general warning if they think everyone should get their act together. :P

Okay peeps stop the track etiquette bickering please!!!
pray.gif

Doesn't help much being annoyed in general in the thread because that just means everyone will think it's them and feel accused and maybe defend themselves and that creates a bad vibe in the thread.

^^ This ^ So much this ^

That's what I have seen.
When someone makes general complaints, people either get defensive in the thread... or the contact me privately worried that it's them being talked about!!! :( :ill:

More often than not... the guilty party is not even paying attention to the generalized gripes in the thread. :lol: :rolleyes:
And the innocent parties are the ones reading, and wondering if it's them, and if people are mad at them. :nervous:

Please remember, sometimes when you type things on a forum, especially short... the tone/attitude can come across all wrong!! :ill:

Track Boundaries Directory

a directory of boundary rules for commonly questioned track boundary issues

(note: anyone is free to "steal" this list, partially, edited, or in its entirety word for word, for their own club, league, event, series, etc. It would be polite to give credit, but you may use it, link to it, build upon it, or alter it for your own purposes, as you see fit.)

In general, anything outside white track boundary lines, or outside red & white striped curbing, is not considered part of the track proper. Lawns, grass, dirt, sand, gravel, and whatever types of "run off" areas, outside the track boundaries, are not part of the track, and should not be used for racing in any way, and should be treated with the 2 wheels on the track at all times rule.

Usually (and this is with most clubs, leagues, series, etc) if you do go more than 2 wheels off by accident - lifting the throttle, not making the pass, and/or giving the spot back you gained, will usually lessen or nullify penalties you might receive. The point is that you should definitely not be disregarding these boundaries on purpose, and should be making it a point to stay within the boundaries with at least 2 wheels at all times. And if you're seen to be making the same track boundaries "mistake" repeatedly, it may be viewed as suspicious or even intentional.

Pit Lanes, Various Tracks
Separated pit lanes should be treated as outside the boundaries of the track, except in the case of making a pit stop.
In races with pit stops, your car must enter & exit the pit lane without crossing the line of the pit lane.
You must get in the pit lane at the start of it, and only exit the pit lane at the end of it.
Traffic on track has right of way over cars exiting the pit lane.

1 to 10 second penalty maybe be applied if found crossing the pit lane line, depending on the severity, or the obstruction or distraction of other racers

Ascari
The Chicanes
- 2 wheels at all times on the track surface or boundary line.
There is a bordering painted border line around the chicane design which should be treated as the curbing. The inside painted pavement of the chicane, on the other side of this borderline, is, like other chicanes, considered on the outside of the track boundaries.
This may depend on the width of a given car, but a good rule of thumb here is that if you are mowing the grass (sticking 1 or 2 wheels into the grass on the outside - the other side of the chicane from the track proper)... then you are very likely leaving the track surface & borderline with more than 2 wheels. In some cars, depending on the length, you might be able to maintain 2 wheels on the track surface or boundary line by keeping your inside wheels (those on the side of the proper track) lined up toward the pointy tip of the chicane design.
But this is certainly a tricky chicane depending on the car.

Here is an example of cars driving the chicanes:
Ascari Chicane cutting examples
Most of the cars in this video are cutting the chicane in one way or another.
The green vintage Lancer at the end of the video (3:21) is an example of a legal maneuvering of the chicane.

Brands Hatch (all)
Paved areas outside the track boundaries are NOT part of the track, and are not legal to drive on to cut or go wide -- 2 wheels on track/curbing at all times.
Example: The Coopers rumble strip.

Cape Ring (all)
The Red Pavement
is run-off area, and not part of the track surface, and is considered outside the boundaries of the track.

Cote d’Azur
The Chicane
should not be cut. The pavement on the opposite side of the curbing from the track surface is considered outside the boundaries of the track.

Daytona Super Speedway & Daytona Road Course
Racing, driving, or passing on the Apron is NOT allowed. The yellow line marks the boundary of the track on the oval. You must have 2 wheels within the track boundaries at all times.
Paved areas outside the track boundaries are NOT part of the track, and are not legal to drive on to cut or go wide -- 2 wheels on track/curbing at all times.

Deep Forest
The concrete is NOT considered part of the track, it is outside the boundaries of the track, and regular track boundaries rules apply -- 2 wheels on track/curbing at all times.
Going wide on the last turn, to mow the grass up the hill is not legal. If you gain position this way, that position ought to be returned. If you are found doing this 2+ times in a single race, you may incur post-race penalties or be kicked from a casual lobby.

Deep Forest Reverse
The concrete is NOT considered part of the track, it is outside the boundaries of the track, and regular track boundaries rules apply -- 2 wheels on track/curbing at all times.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track & Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse
Driving on the dirt on the inside & outside corners is ALLOWED. Just because there's very little track space as it is.

Fuji (all)

Grand Valley (all)
The concrete is NOT considered part of the track
, it is outside the boundaries of the track, and regular track boundaries rules apply -- 2 wheels on track/curbing at all times.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
The lanes around the track are considered out of bounds. Other than using the pit lanes to enter & exit the pit for a pit stop. (Do not "think outside the cube".)

London & London Reverse
Using the curbs IS ALLOWED. Just because there's very little track space as it is.
Riding or bouncing on the walls/barriers is NOT allowed.

Monza
The chicanes should NOT be cut. You must have 2 wheels on the tarmac track surface or curbing that separates the chicane from the track surface. No cutting over rumble strip speed bumps & paving within the chicane design on the other side of the curbing from the track proper.
Green pavement is considered run-off area. You must have 2 wheels on the tarmac of the track proper, or the curbing that separates the green pavement from the tarmac of the track proper.

Rome & Rome Reverse
The green paved areas are run-off and not part of the track proper -- you must drive with 2 wheels within the track boundaries.
Along the walls there are white lines separating the boundaries of the track from the walls. You must drive with 2 wheels within the track boundaries. (ie: no wall riding)

Sarthe (all)
The white lines at either side of the Mulsanne Straight mark the edges of the track surface. Must drive with at least 2 wheels within the track boundaries. (ie: no wall riding)

Silverstone (all)
Example: International Circuit - going wide into Chapel's Curve (part of GP) at "The Link".

Spa

Special Stage Route 5 & Special Stage Route 5 Reverse
Driving on the painted grid of white striped areas on the highway surface is ALLOWED.

Trial Mountain & Trial Mountain Reverse
Driving on the yellow paint striped areas is ALLOWED. Driving wheels on the outsides of the white lines along the start finish straight, near the start finish straight, and track side of the red & white striped curbing, is allowed. (There are a lot of white lines along this track, but the boundaries of the track are clearly marked by a separation of curbing or tarmac, with grass and dirt being out of bounds. The exception to this is that the white pit lane should be observed as usual, when entering/leaving the pit.)

If you have any questions about other tracks, please ask about it, and any other dubious areas of confusion will be added to this directory. Thank you.

Last edited:
That does look challenging. Much more challenging than having no instruments like me.

Perhaps it's a problem with your installed data?

Daddy was behind me and ready to overtake me .this bug or whatever it is happend now the second time , I guess my blu ray drive is broken again , its the 4th by the way :D
i hear it working very loud and kind of scratchy , but just once a week 👍

I updated the OP - in particular the "rules" section.
Nothing about the rules has really changed. It's just that the GTP OLR post no longer exists. :( So I had to put the stuff in there. If anyone sees any errors or typos or something that doesn't seem right, let me know, thanks.

I have also updated the Track Boundaries Directory.
Please feel free to ask about other tracks where there may be dubious areas of confusion. 👍
I've put it in alpha order... well sort of.

I'd like to race tomorrow. However I understand there's an on-going points championship, so I'll give priority to those who have already collected points if the room fills up 👍

Also, I'm sorry about no-showing last week. I unexpectedly had a very busy day and wasn't able to make it. Normally I would have posted on here beforehand to let you guys know, but as I said it was unexpected.

Back