Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Example: track should be chosen BEFORE the car list is decided/mentioned.
It benefits the person choosing the car list to hold their preference ... even if they'll choose this car list no matter what track gets chosen.
For instance... When I chose the Retro list... I probably would've chosen that car list no matter what track was chosen. However I held my response until the track was chosen. And maybe if someone chosen GT Arena A I would decide to choose Luxury list instead. ;) :lol: (Just kidding.)

Good that you are pointing this out!👍

Actually I wanted to explain this in chat already but due to all the created ********* (don't know when this happens in chat :confused: ) I was not able to share my thoughts completely.

In my opinion it is absolutely important that the track is termed before the car list is chosen! 💡

There's two reasons:

1. Like @watermelon punch explained already this procedure garantuees that we don't race certain car lists on inappropriate tracks (e.g. Luxury on GT Arena ;)).

2. The tactical (and fairness) aspect!

- I guess the basic idea of this format is that the winner of a race will be rewarded with the chance to choose a track for next race. Then you can choose a track u like a alot or one you feel you haven't driven for ages. You can even think of what track might bring the best chances for being competitive in car #1. ;)
--> e.g. on Circuit de la Sarthe usually car #1 may be unpromising for winning

- On the other hand the last place driver is given the chance to choose a car list (actually you can choose a concrete car as you know your car # ;) ). Then it's the same as track choice, you can choose a list/car you like a lot, you feel comfortable with or you haven't been able to drive long time. Of course you could think of what list/car might bring the best chances for being competitive best way on the termed track. 💡

If this procedure isn't followed the tactical momentum is absolutely on the winner's side. :boggled: Because you would know the car #1 you'll be given and could select a fitting track with still good chances for a win.
I guess that would be opposed to the basic idea of giving both winner and last place driver influence to increase their chances for next race.:odd:

If we follow the designated procedure the shuffle surprise will be a great feature and provide a lot fun plus interesting tactics.:)

I liked the debut races a lot.:bowdown:

The first race at Monza was a very close battle with @tarnheld, a lot of side-by-side driving. I was able to overtake him on the last straight after Variante Ascari. But then I was braking a bit too hard into Parabolica while he was doing it on a perfect and fast line. He could pass me on the inside and the draft was not big enough to counter. Really good race winning move.👍

Race 2 at Streets of Willow was strange but like @watermelon punch stated already very close on the first 2 laps. I have been driven that track only 1 or 2 times (I remember a Seasonal (or a Mission) with the KTM X-Bow) so I'm not very familiar with it. With the right car list it can be fun but it will definately not become one of my favourites. :crazy:

Race 3 I got assigned the Piazza and was quite confident with that car, it felt really good on Brands Hatch.👍 I hadn't driven that one before but was able to find a good pace after overtaking @watermelon punch on lap 1. Maybe it was because I had no alien right on my rear bumper but I could manage to avoid faults and brought the lead home safely.:)

The win gave me the chance to pick a track which I have never been able before. This was the moment to dig up my track directory sheet. :lol: I didn't want to choose a high speed track with long straights as this would decrease my chances in car #1 (--> tactics ;) ). Then Deep Forest jumped into my eye and I thought this would be perfect. Also I remember only 1 club race on this track I was attending so I haven't driven it for a while.
@Goetz (johndoekillsyou) picked Performance Coupes so I got assigned the Maserati which was my luck. That car fits the track perfectly, maybe even better as some of the higher numbered cars of that list. I had a perfect start and got in the lead quickly. Then the whole race was pure pleasure and I was able to keep the pace up.:)

Between race #4 and 5 happend something why the "track pick-car list selection-order" discussion started. @John Wells posted "Historics" in chat before I had chosen the next track. So that moment I knew I'd be assigned the Alfa Giulia Sprint and could have abused this by picking a tight slow track which probably could fit that car best. But I didn't do so as this is not what the idea of shuffle surprise is. Also I had made up my mind before and wanted to race on Midfield.;)
Of course I wasn't able to follow @tarnheld and @Goetz because the Alfa lacks straight speed and Midfield doesn't provide a lot slow turns where the Alfa could show his strenghts.

The Bonus race on Autumn Ring was close and exciting too.👍

Having said that... The race at Streets of Willow in the Traffic cars... seemed to have VERY heavy traffic!! :lol:
It was hard to believe there were just 5 cars in that race, as it was very crowded the whole time. And also, that track seems to make slower cars seem a lot more wild. :eek::lol:

Race 2 at Streets of Willow was strange but like @watermelon punch stated already very close on the first 2 laps. I have been driven that track only 1 or 2 times (I remember a Seasonal (or a Mission) with the KTM X-Bow) so I'm not very familiar with it. With the right car list it can be fun but it will definately not become one of my favourites. :crazy:

I love this track big-time! It's a blast in low power cars, as you have to make sure to take all momentum you got through every corner. Ahh, brings back fond memories of a TT seasonal in the Cappuchino where i managed to get in the Top 1000...
awesome.gif
And the race yesterday showed that this track will never be boring... 👍

It's a shame that PD hasn't made more layouts out of it, as there are extra corners and stuff like at Tsukuba. :irked: Same for Ascari! :grumpy:

I'm not sure of my obligations today...
However, Shuffle Surprise is ALWAYS on the table... ;) Perhaps someone can take a turn at hosting!
(And I will join when / if I become available.)

PS:

A new batch of seasonal events are now available

Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge

• Eiger Nordwand Short Track Reverse, 5 Laps
  • Normal cars, 500PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less
  • Gold: 120,000cr; Silver: 72,000cr, Bronze: 60,000cr
  • Gift: GT GUNMETAL 001-C

Last edited:

____________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 27 March 2015
3:00pm US EDT / 12:00 noon US PDT / 7:00pm GMT / 8:00pm CET / 19:00 UTC

Shuffle Mixer Track Day

Cars Needed: To Be Decided before each race by previous week's podium.

Track decided at start of event by majority vote of all racers present.
You can voice track proposals until event start in the lobby.

I will be your host today, see you all on track!​

Cancelled... *sigh*
Well, perhaps just as well... the track day races kind of did me in earlier anyhow.

Who's showing up tonight? Anyone? Bueller?

Friday 27 March 2015
7:30pm US EDT / 4:30pm US PDT / 11:30pm GMT / 23:30 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shuffle Mixer Parity Event - Series 18 - Event 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cars Needed: Parity Car Assignments for Traffic, Hot Hatches, 90s Sports
Race #1: 6 laps @ Madrid Reverse // Traffic (heavy damage, 1 pit)
Race #2: 20 laps @ Eiger Nordwand Short Track // Hot Hatches (heavy damage, 1 pit)
Race #3: 2 laps @ Sierra // 90s Sports (damage light, 1 pit)

I had to go shopping earlier. :rolleyes: But I'm back and fed now. :lol:

And I felt a little car sick from Ascari :eek::ill: Not my best track.

Last edited:
RESULTS

Track Day - Ascari- 27 March 2015

1.) *tacom08 / tacom08 - 20 pts (2/3)
2.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 - 17 pts (2/1)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld - 17 pts (1/3)
4.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n - 12 pts (0/2)
5.) Goetz / johndoekillsyou - 7 pts (0/1)
6.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat - 5 pts (0/0)

(wins/podiums)

Race #1 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone

mstdresult.jpg

Race #2 Vintage

mstdresult-2.jpg

Race #3 Low Power

mstdresult-3.jpg

Race #4 Luxury

mstdresult-4.jpg

Race #5 Performance Coupés

mstdresult-5.jpg

Seems it never rains in southern Calif... ah, Spain. :D

ALERT

2 lists have been added to the OP & Spreadsheet.
So that everybody can start prepping those.

One is the Classics, the other is Limbo Stick.
These are shaded with yellow in the spreadsheet.

The Limbo Stick is comprised of many of the prior Low Power List.
So once that's in place, the Low Power List will go away, until we get the NEW Low Power List.
There are other lists upcoming.
I'm going to be replacing the current Low Power list in the spreadsheet with the new. (Possibly today, but definitely over the next few days.)

If you want to get involved with the testing, head over to the Time Trials thread, and check out post #3.

The Limbo Stick may still be subject to adjustment.
Ideally, I'd like to do a couple test races with the first 4-6 cars.

@tarnheld
What's the difference between: Rennergebnisse & Ergebnisse ??

TODAY

Sunday 29 March 2015
1:00pm US EDT / 10:00am US PDT / 6:00pm BST / 7:00pm CEST / 17:30 UTC
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 20 -- Event 2
Cars Needed: Traffic, Historic, 90s Sports, Luxury, & Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Race #1: 1 lap @ Special Stage Route X // Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
Race #2: 3 laps @ Apricot Hill // Traffic
Race #3: 4 laps @ Rome Reverse // Historic
Race #4: 3 laps @ Willow Springs Streets of Willow // Historic
Race #5: 4 laps @ Trial Mountain // 90s Sports
Race #6: 3 laps @ Matterhorn Dristelen // Luxury

Looking at this now again, it's quite a tour! :lol: :D

Also, for anyone who can stick around for a bonus race for testing purposes, have these cars:
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68
Toyota Sports 800 '65
Nissan PAO '89
Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88
Ford Ka '01
Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

(From new Limbo Stick list... some are from the soon-to-be retired Low Power list which will be overhauled soon.)

The Limbo Stick is comprised of many of the prior Low Power List.
So once that's in place, the Low Power List will go away, until we get the NEW Low Power List.
There are other lists upcoming.
I'm going to be replacing the current Low Power list in the spreadsheet with the new. (Possibly today, but definitely over the next few days.)

If you want to get involved with the testing, head over to the Time Trials thread, and check out post #3.

The Limbo Stick may still be subject to adjustment.
Ideally, I'd like to do a couple test races with the first 4-6 cars.

I have gone through the 30 first cars in the low power segment, which includes the first 11 of the Limbo list. I'll post them after today's races. Gave it a quick look, but I'd say it might need some work. (There's some rather large gaps between some of the cars in the current state)

I just read through the car buying tips after looking through the new lists. I disregarded the tips earlier, since the spreadsheet isn't exactly mobile-friendly, and I never have my PC handy while on PS3. Anyway, there was a bit in there about getting oil changes by sorting the list based on recently used cars or something. I actually think I might have a slightly better system. After I purchase the car and get the oil changed, I note the HP in the setup comment. If I ever use the car in anything other than shuffle, and tune it with another setup, then I also note the stock+oil change PP in the setup as well so that, if I do a weight reduction, then I won't be confused. I also won't waste money with unnecessary oil changes, b/c then I'll know if I need an oil change when I see the HP come down below what I have in the setup comment. As for the tip regarding painting the cars, that's pretty cool. I hope that also works for getting custom rims.

Tuesday 31 March 2015
2:30pm US EDT / 11:30am US PDT / 7:30pm BST / 8:30pm CEST / 18:30 UTC
Shuffle Mixer -- Series 19 -- Event 3
Cars Needed: Parity Car Assignments for Traffic, Legends, Performance Coupés
Race #1: 15 laps @ Brands Hatch Indy // Traffic (heavy damage, 1 pit stop)
Race #2: 6 laps @ Ascari // Legends (damage light, 1 pit stop)
Race #3: 2 laps @ Nürburgring 24hrs // Performance Coupés (damage light, 1 pit stop)

So who's in today?

edit -- room's up. I'm getting the feeling we'll be postponing this round, though I hope to be proven wrong. ;)

edit again -- I was proven wrong, huzzah!

Last edited:
Back