Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Every time I race around Monaco it just blows me away that formula 1 races there. Those cars are so fast and there is so many of them on such tight and small course :eek:. I for one stink at Monaco. I always hit the walls there :boggled:

I can't join the today races due to time limits because I'm only available till 10:00 CET and the event will sure last longer.
I would have liked to race with u again cause it was really fun yesterday.:)

Instead I will try my luck in my very first WRS Online Event, DMC at Willow Springs. I'm curious how thats is going to be.:eek:

Hopefully we can have some interesting races on friday. Any more detailed plans on that existing yet?

Hot Hatches Francais Dans La Ville

Room up!

3 cars, 3 tracks, 3 races

Come late, leave early, or compete in all 3. 👍

It's in "club lobby" (not in events)

Last edited:
So does anyone know what position spraggy0558 finished in at Sarthe?
Somebody must remember finishing in front or behind him??

Also:
Tomorrow Comcast will come to bring us a new modem/router.
I spent a LONG time last night on the phone with an "escalated level" technician, who seemed to indicate there might be a problem, and that I was having a lot of T3s, especially since Jan. 26th.
Also, my download speed was well below what it normally is, even after reset last night.
Hopefully this will improve things... if this was causing any problems.

Append:
RE: everything else... I'll reply to any other questions & comments when I get the chance.
(Busy with results and such... and, as usual, also real life.)

Last edited:
As I recall, WarriusZero's dying router correlated with some issues in the Zero Cup a while back (we even ended up cancelling and rescheduling a round [next week's car, as it happens]). Hopefully a new router will help things, indeed.

Attention racers from Tuesday who completed the race at Sarthe:
@snowgt @Patrick8308 @tarnheld @daddyo845 @ryzno @jackargent @nickg07 @John Wells @Chiochan

The results from Tuesday are now being held pending my getting a finishing position for spraggy0558 in the race at Sarthe. :(
Does someone remember finishing behind/before him? Or who can check the replay? (Everyone ought to be saving replays just in case!)

As I recall, WarriusZero's dying router correlated with some issues in the Zero Cup a while back (we even ended up cancelling and rescheduling a round [next week's car, as it happens]). Hopefully a new router will help things, indeed.
Yeah.
I have no idea. But it's worth a shot surely.

I'd originally been looking into getting the HOTSPOT shut off, because I've heard that even though they say it's separate, others say it could very possibly interfere with your connection. So I figured, wth, it's not needed, likely nobody uses it, and it's worth a try shutting it off.

They couldn't get it shut off, which is why I ended up talking to a higher level tech. :boggled: And he seemed to think that the modem/router was the problem with that (he couldn't get it shut off either :boggled:), and since it could be causing other issues, they're just going to replace it. (It's one of those modem/routers that belongs to Comcast on lease or whatever, it's not one I bought myself. It's not old but it's also not a current preferred model apparently.)
(I went this route in the hopes that it would ensure that they are motivated to keep me provided with current & working equipment! :grumpy:)

We didn't see any problems today, but there were only 5 total, and nobody that historically had invisible car problems with each other in the past.

I imagine that the cumulative effect of any minor connection problems probably increases the incidence & severity of connection problems. Which is probably why the more participants, the more potential for problems.

I hope any improvement will help. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
RESULTS
Hot Hatches Francais dans la ville
Wednesday 28 January

1. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (10 pts)
  2. ryzno / ryzno (8 pts)
  3. tarnheld / tarnheld (7 pts)
  4. nickg07 / Ballist1x (5 pts)
  5. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (5 pts)

Race #1: Citroen C4 Coupe 2.0VTS '05 --> 8 laps @ London

IMG_9760.jpg

Race #2: Peugeot 207 GTi '07 --> 10 laps @ Côte d'Azur

IMG_9762.jpg

Race #3: Renaultsport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16V '02 --> 15 laps @ Rome
  1. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat
  2. tarnheld / tarnheld
  3. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n
  4. ryzno / ryzno

Missing the picture for this one... the last picture in the set was un-readably blurry. :boggled: So I don't know the gaps except that Chiochan was over 12 seconds ahead :eek:, and the rest of us were spaced by maybe a couple of seconds each at the end.

All in all, pretty close racing considering the low turn-out and the lengths of the races!

Myself, I have to say that Race #2 was the most intense race I've had in awhile.
I started to overheat when I was out front!
Then I choked under the pressure. :ouch::ill::rolleyes:

Great racing though! :cheers:

PLEASE NOTE

The 90s car list
has been updated to reflect corrected data

EDIT: or as @tarnheld reports, "mistakes were made". :sly:

90s Sports
  1. Toyota CELICA GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
  2. Toyota MR2 GT-S '97
  3. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
  4. Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX Version S TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98
  5. Acura NSX '91
  6. Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
  7. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
  8. TVR V8S '91
  9. Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
  10. Toyota SUPRA RZ '97
  11. Subaru IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
  12. Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II (R32) '94
  13. Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
  14. Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98
Sports Hard Tires

The list has been updated in the OP post. Please update any printed copies, etc, that you have for yourself.
Thank you.

Last edited:
LeMans
It went better for me than expected as I'm not the biggest fan of this track, but with 4th place I was quite confident. The C 63 had good speed on the straights though it never shifted in 6th gear (I use auto transmission), I was wondering about that.
After the start the field was close together and I could pass some cars due to little position fights going on in front of me. I hope my overtake on @watermelon punch can be considered fair as we had a bit of contact when i passed him her on the inside in turn 6.:confused:
No worries. I don't remember that, and I don't know which is Turn 6. :lol:
Are you referring to "Tetre Rouge"?

Wherever... I probably left it open there... Because I was taking outside lines a lot, just to maintain more balance/control, and avoid other cars which I worried about bumping into.
I very much stink in the C63. But my only other option was the SL55, which I find to be worse, and had reason to believe it would actually be slower on the straights, and less reliable in braking at the Mulsanne chicanes.

So I was gritting & bearing every moment of the race at Sarthe. :lol:
But on the whole it was an exciting race, and I wasn't disappointed by my position, all considered, I expected to do much more poorly.

In 4th lap i was astonished by @tarnheld in his big yellow SSR appearing in front of me right after the chicane, almost stopping completely. He must have had an accident with the car in front of him which i was catching up to Rascasse quickly too. The car went wide in that turn and i slipped on the inside. I forgot about the heavy damage that moment and didn't have in mind that the car could aim to pit that lap. Then occurred something I'd call a plain conflict: i was right on track trying to get more left focusing on the last turn. He was left on track trying to move right in the pit, he bumped me 2 or 3 times due to his essential need of a pit stop, maybe he wasn't even noticing me. I guess @tarnheld could have obeserved this spectacle as he was behind me also aiming for pits. Anyways, when i realized what had just happend I was cornering in last turn recognizing a red blinking left wheel on the HUD, no chance to make it to the pits anymore. The next lap kind of ruined my race as it was way slower then before.:boggled:
Yeah I gotta admit, I watched that incident in the replay about 6 times. :crazy:
And to be quite honest, I found it quite amusing. :guilty:
I was thinking of making a youtube video of it...
popcorn.gif

For reference visual aid purposes, of course. :lol:

Anyway, @nickg07 was in the wrong in that he should've committed to the inside line on the turn, and then entered the pit lane at the start of the pit lane.
However, you might've avoided this problem if you didn't try to drive up his inside with no overlap before the turn, and then get your car all unsettled heading into out of that turn, looking like you were going to enter the pit too. :boggled:
Seemed an unfortunate series of decisions made at the perfectly wrong times. :eek::boggled::crazy:

But I now wonder if you have a penchant for pit entrance drama! :lol:

You kind of cut me off at the pit entrance at Sarthe, so I basically was forced to committing to the pit lane, when I hadn't really intended to pit that lap. :lol:
I didn't really have enough overlap before that, so I don't say you were obligated to make room for me, or guilty of wrongdoing.
Just saying, I thought it was pretty funny at the time, when I ran out of track. :scared:

009.jpg

010.jpg

It worked out okay, and luckily I didn't get a drive-through in the pit. Though I was surprised the way I skidded down the pit lane.

@LongbowX - I made my car decision based on the same idea at Cote D'azur... I didn't want to spend a half hour driving the SSR, even if it would mean definitely winning the race I wouldn't have done it. :lol:

@daddyo845 - I watched my spouse do the FGT race at Cote D'Azur in GT5. (Or was it GT4?) And I thought that's nuts, I'm not doing that. I decided right then & there I'd never complete aspec. :lol:

For the record: It's not the data that was corrected, but the ordering, i made a stupid mistake in the spreadsheet. :banghead:
:boggled::rolleyes::lol: Well the mistake in the spreadsheet is "corrected", so... same difference. :P

Let's try it out soon, there are really nice cars in there! TVR, i'm looking at you! 👍

Soon as I find out the finishing position of Spraggy in the Sarthe race, I can complete the series points for Tuesdays, and the car-list/track choices will proceed!
💡

Last edited:

Turn 6 = Tetre Rouge ! Very correct.:D
I had to look it up myself too, I don't know such things by heart.:lol: Justed wanted to define the spot on track precise.

Yeah I gotta admit, I watched that incident in the replay about 6 times. :crazy:
popcorn-gif.299862

I'm glad i was able to contribute to your amusement.:P
But really interesting to read the impression of an neutral mind.
I hope I won't be faced with the next pit entrance drama too soon.:lol:

You kind of cut me off at the pit entrance at Sarthe, so I basically was forced to committing to the pit lane, when I hadn't really intended to pit that lap. :lol:
I didn't really have enough overlap before that, so I don't say you were obligated to make room for me, or guilty of wrongdoing.
Just saying, I thought it was pretty funny at the time, when I ran out of track. :scared:

:eek:
That incident I didn't even recognize at all. I knew u were close behind me but didn't have the feeling of pushing you in the pits. But i do remember wondering why so many cars, including you, pit already after lap 1.;)
Anyways I need to be more attentional regarding pit entrance situations in the future .:lol:

Soon as I find out the finishing position of Spraggy in the Sarthe race, I can complete the series points for Tuesdays, and the car-list/track choices will proceed!
💡[/QUOTE

I do know that Spraggy didn't finish 1-5th because I was 4th, @tarnheld 5th. I know I did overtake him in lap 1 recognizing his car was very glitchy (maybe bad connection). I guess he probably finished in the last part of the field.
Would it help to know which car he drove? I guess it was a ruby Jaguar, maybe the last positioned car in that picture.

Wherever... I probably left it open there... Because I was taking outside lines a lot, just to maintain more balance/control, and avoid other cars which I worried about bumping into.
I very much stink in the C63. But my only other option was the SL55, which I find to be worse, and had reason to believe it would actually be slower on the straights, and less reliable in braking at the Mulsanne chicanes.

So I was gritting & bearing every moment of the race at Sarthe. :lol:
But on the whole it was an exciting race, and I wasn't disappointed by my position, all considered, I expected to do much more poorly.

View attachment 299862

Anyway, @nickg07 was in the wrong in that he should've committed to the inside line on the turn, and then entered the pit lane at the start of the pit lane.
However, you might've avoided this problem if you didn't try to drive up his inside with no overlap before the turn, and then get your car all unsettled heading into out of that turn, looking like you were going to enter the pit too. :boggled:
Seemed an unfortunate series of decisions made at the perfectly wrong times. :eek::boggled::crazy:

But I now wonder if you have a penchant for pit entrance drama! :lol:

View attachment 299865

View attachment 299866

It worked out okay, and luckily I didn't get a drive-through in the pit. Though I was surprised the way I skidded down the pit lane.

@LongbowX - I made my car decision based on the same idea at Cote D'azur... I didn't want to spend a half hour driving the SSR, even if it would mean definitely winning the race I wouldn't have done it. :lol:

@daddyo845 - I watched my spouse do the FGT race at Cote D'Azur in GT5. (Or was it GT4?) And I thought that's nuts, I'm not doing that. I decided right then & there I'd never complete aspec. :lol:

:boggled::rolleyes::lol: Well the mistake in the spreadsheet is "corrected", so... same difference. :P

💡

Okay a couple of points, firstly, I apologies for the pitting incident either during the race or right afterwards and tak the blame. Because I never like to make car on car contact.

My race was ruined by the guy in front of my that lap, somehow he hit 2 barriers and stopped dead right in front of my forcing me to pit on like lap 3 was I could no way avoid him. I don't have the video, @watermelon punch if you watch the replay and see how my car gets damaged on that lap. I committed to the turn as best as I could aime towards the pits. I was going to finish like 3rd in that race until this happened forcing me to pit. or maybe I had already pitted by mistake earlier I dint know.

And yes I didn't see the car to my right when I tried to pit but what line was he going to take in the last corner from there if I had carried onto the home straight? I knew someone was behind me so I could go right but then my car touched something but I was already committed and thought he was touching my rear bumper. Maybe there were 2 cars I don't know.

Can you put the video online so I can see, I was so agitated that my car was in need of repairs so early I just knew I needed to go pit.

edit: @Patrick8308 if it was you I hit (i didnt even see the name) I am sorry and I usually give a fair (ish) line. I didn't intend to curtail your race or hit you. My bad all ends up.

Last edited:
And yes I didn't see the car to my right when I tried to pit but what line was he going to take in the last corner from there if I had carried onto the home straight? I knew someone was behind me so I could go right but then my car touched something but I was already committed and thought he was touching my rear bumper. Maybe there were 2 cars I don't know.

I was catching up fast on you from Tabac turn to Rascasse and felt I was way faster that moment. When breaking before Rascasse i was slightly bumping you because u were breaking quite early. Then u went wide and I thought this is my chance and wanted to pass. I was sure being able to overtake u before the last turn. I guess it's not unfair to try that in a situation where the car in front goes wide in Rascasse and one gets out with more grip on the inside.

Anyways, the main problem was that I forgot about the damage and the possibility of u needing to pit didn't come to my mind. I was all excited of catching up and felt I could overtake.;)

I don't blame u for the incident, @watermelon punch described it pretty good: wrong time, wrong descicions.:lol:

I was catching up fast on you from Tabac turn to Rascasse and felt I was way faster that moment. When breaking before Rascasse i was slightly bumping you because u were breaking quite early. Then u went wide and I thought this is my chance and wanted to pass. I was sure being able to overtake u before the last turn. I guess it's not unfair to try that in a situation where the car in front goes wide in Rascasse and one gets out with more grip on the inside.

Anyways, the main problem was that I forgot about the damage and the possibility of u needing to pit didn't come to my mind. I was all excited of catching up and felt I could overtake.;)

I don't blame u for the incident, @watermelon punch described it pretty good: wrong time, wrong descicions.:lol:

I know you would have been catching me because I had a blown engine and both front suspension I think or maybe just the left. I braked early because I couldn't turn in and I HAD to pit that lap. But I was forced out wide but I needed to come back right and yea...I thought u were behind not to the right so I went right towards the pit, I couldn't slam on the brakes as I thought there was someone right behind me so I was like.. hmm...

@watermelon punch we want vids!!

Actually I don't need a vid, the situation seems pretty clarified to me.👍
Let's better not bother our versatile @watermelon punch with such ridiculous demands.;)
It seems to me that she is quite busy with organising all the events, analyzing the replays, taking race situation pics etc.

I have to mention that I really appreciate the effort @watermelon punch puts in this club and have to point out how happy all members should be that someone steps up to the plate like this.:bowdown:

My race was ruined by the guy in front of my that lap, somehow he hit 2 barriers and stopped dead right in front of my forcing me to pit on like lap 3 was I could no way avoid him.

I forgot about the damage and the possibility of u needing to pit didn't come to my mind.

I braked early because I couldn't turn in and I HAD to pit that lap. But I was forced out wide but I needed to come back right

If i learned one thing from these heavy damage races, it is that you should always assume the guy in front of you has lost the control of his car. And not loose your cool, especially at the beginning of the race. :cool:

I think we will not be spared of the visual evidence... the Monace race has as much 'gems' to offer as Sarthe... :nervous: Next time i will not forget to hit that save button. :D

Last edited:
RESULTS
Tuesday 27 January 2015
Series 11 Event 3

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (23 pts)
2.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (21 pts)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (13 pts)
3.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (13 pts)
3.) daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (13 pts)
3.) ryzno / ryzno (13 pts)
3.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (13 pts)
4.) LongbowX / LongbowX (10 pts)
5.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (9 pts)
6.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (6 pts)
7.) jackargent / jackargent (4 pts)
7.) John Wells / johnwells69 (4 pts)
8.) *spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (2 pts)

Race #1 - Sarthe 2013

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (14:35.709)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (14:44.624)
  3. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (14:50.200)
  4. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (14:59.366)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (15:12.766)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15:17.522)
  7. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (16:09.632)
  8. ryzno / ryzno (16:13.088)
  9. jackargent / jackargent (17:04.715)
  10. nickg07 / Ballist1x (17:08.107)
  11. John Wells / johnwells69 (17:16.406)

Race #2 - Côte d'Azur

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28:03.656)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (28:25.212)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (28:32.072)
  4. ryzno / ryzno (28:37.767)
  5. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (29:12.004)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (29:16.449)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (29:17.391)
  8. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (29:18.777)
  9. nickg07 / Ballist1x (29:23.483)
  10. John Wells / johnwells69 (29:55.918)
  11. *spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (29:55.033) (30:01.033)
  12. jackargent / jackargent (29:57.836) (30:12.836)

Post Race Penalties

spraggy0558 - post race contact concession & post race penalty for track cut
Penalty total: 6 seconds
Penalty: reduced to position after the offended driver who was owed a contact concession (+2.803 seconds + 1 seconds = rounded to 4 seconds)
Lap 2 - Switchback 2nd hairpin exit, collided onto jackargent's car bumping it to wall
Penalty: 2 seconds
Lap 10 - Chicane, cut, failed to lift throttle to self-penalize

@jackargent - post race penalties for track cutting & improper track re-entry
Penalty total: 15 seconds
Penalty: 5 seconds
Lap 4 - Chicane, went off into the chicane island & re-entered the track in front of traffic, didn't yield or lift
Penalty: 10 seconds
Laps 8,9,10,12 - Multiple chicane cuts of varying degree, & no evidence of throttle lifting.

Warnings

Pit entry & exit.
You shouldn't cross the white line when entering or exiting the pit lane.
IE: enter the pit by getting in the pit lane at the start of the white lines, and don't exit the pit lane until the white line ends.

@nickg07 - Try to learn the pit lane before needing a pit stop! lol It really helps! :D

@daddyo845 - Chicane cut on lap 6. Time may not have been gained, and it was an isolated incident, but a throttle lift should've been made after exiting the chicane, to self-penalize.

@tarnheld - Chicane cut-&-caught hang-up on lap 4. Throttle lift and concession made. But this was the 2nd instance. Not sure if this could've been prevented in that truck once the mistake was made, but you need to play the hand you're dealt... Or in this case, you dealt yourself. LOL

@Patrick8308 - Chicane cut & track re-entry on lap 1. No position gained, but more caution could've been exercised in re-entering the track in traffic. You were practically stopped inside the chicane, and could've restrained yourself bolting out in front of jackargent.

I'm also warning myself, because I bumped the wall & looks like I may have bounced without damage. I don't think I gained time in this race from that, but in some tracks/cars this could be considered dirty. So I'm really focused now to not hit walls in city tracks, and to penalize myself with a throttle-lift on track if I bounce the wall at all, whether it's damage heavy or not. 👍

Refer to the rules in Post #1, the GTP OLR Rules (pinned in this forum), and these info posts:
Track Boundaries Directory
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tuning-prohibited.293390/page-38#post-9291933
Post-Race Penalties Explained
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuning-prohibited.293390/page-9#post-9187453

Condolences:
@LongbowX DC'd with decent prospects in a very slow car in Race #1
@Chiochan DC'd in the last lap of Race #2, in a fairly good position for the finish, despite an astonishing level of damage & tire wear. Too cruel.
@temuster who was DC'd way too much in general.
:( 👎
Hoping we can get better connections in future.

I was well aware this was bound to be a track with various "issues". :lol:
May seem odd that I scheduled it for the first heavy damage parity race... but I really wanted to hard test the format!

Overall, I think the races were very exciting. Not to mention amusing at times... and we're all here to have fun, after all.

So... I think overwhelmingly a success... with perhaps some possibilities for improvement in future.
:cheers:

EDIT: Correction of an addition error in the points.

Last edited:
On my replay spraggy quits after mulsanne on the final lap. He was running 9th at the time
This makes sense why he didn't answer me, and nobody seems to remember him finishing!

@nickg07 @Patrick8308 @tarnheld
Yes, I think the lap 4 series of incidents from the chicane to the pit, were a series of unfortunate accidents that perhaps could've been prevented by better decisions by all parties, but in the end I think no one driver gained from their particular transgressions.
That @tarnheld bumped into the chicane, and then wound up stopped dead in traffic and @nickg07 plowed into the back of his truck with no warning or escape... and then @nickg07 tries to pit, blind to @Patrick8308 trying to drive up his inside but not intending to pit himself.
It was a comedy of errors. :crazy: But that's racing! :sly:

RESULTS
Tuesday 27 January 2015
Series 11 Event 3

1.) snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (23 pts)
2.) amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (21 pts)
3.) tarnheld / tarnheld (13 pts)
3.) Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (13 pts)
3.) daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (13 pts)
3.) ryzno / ryzno (13 pts)
4.) watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (12 pts)
5.) LongbowX / LongbowX (10 pts)
6.) Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (9 pts)
7.) nickg07 / Ballist1x (6 pts)
8.) jackargent / jackargent (4 pts)
8.) John Wells / johnwells69 (4 pts)
9.) *spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (2 pts)

Race #1 - Sarthe 2013

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (14:35.709)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (14:44.624)
  3. Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat (14:50.200)
  4. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (14:59.366)
  5. tarnheld / tarnheld (15:12.766)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (15:17.522)
  7. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (16:09.632)
  8. ryzno / ryzno (16:13.088)
  9. jackargent / jackargent (17:04.715)
  10. nickg07 / Ballist1x (17:08.107)
  11. John Wells / johnwells69 (17:16.406)

Race #2 - Côte d'Azur

1. snowgt / GTP_SnowCrash (28:03.656)
  2. amarynceos / GTP_amarynceos (28:25.212)
  3. LongbowX / LongbowX (28:32.072)
  4. ryzno / ryzno (28:37.767)
  5. daddyo845 / daddy-o845 (29:12.004)
  6. watermelon punch / wat3rm370n (29:16.449)
  7. tarnheld / tarnheld (29:17.391)
  8. Patrick8308 / Patrick8308 (29:18.777)
  9. nickg07 / Ballist1x (29:23.483)
  10. John Wells / johnwells69 (29:55.918)
  11. *spraggy0558 / spraggy0558 (29:55.033) (30:01.033)
  12. jackargent / jackargent (29:57.836) (30:12.836)

Post Race Penalties

spraggy0558 - post race contact concession & post race penalty for track cut
Penalty total: 6 seconds
Penalty: reduced to position after the offended driver who was owed a contact concession (+2.803 seconds + 1 seconds = rounded to 4 seconds)
Lap 2 - Switchback 2nd hairpin exit, collided onto jackargent's car bumping it to wall
Penalty: 2 seconds
Lap 10 - Chicane, cut, failed to lift throttle to self-penalize

@jackargent - post race penalties for track cutting & improper track re-entry
Penalty total: 15 seconds
Penalty: 5 seconds
Lap 4 - Chicane, went off into the chicane island & re-entered the track in front of traffic, didn't yield or lift
Penalty: 10 seconds
Laps 8,9,10,12 - Multiple chicane cuts of varying degree, & no evidence of throttle lifting.

Warnings

Pit entry & exit.
You shouldn't cross the white line when entering or exiting the pit lane.
IE: enter the pit by getting in the pit lane at the start of the white lines, and don't exit the pit lane until the white line ends.

@nickg07 - Try to learn the pit lane before needing a pit stop! lol It really helps! :D

@daddyo845 - Chicane cut on lap 6. Time may not have been gained, and it was an isolated incident, but a throttle lift should've been made after exiting the chicane, to self-penalize.

@tarnheld - Chicane cut-&-caught hang-up on lap 4. Throttle lift and concession made. But this was the 2nd instance. Not sure if this could've been prevented in that truck once the mistake was made, but you need to play the hand you're dealt... Or in this case, you dealt yourself. LOL

@Patrick8308 - Chicane cut & track re-entry on lap 1. No position gained, but more caution could've been exercised in re-entering the track in traffic. You were practically stopped inside the chicane, and could've restrained yourself bolting out in front of jackargent.

I'm also warning myself, because I bumped the wall & looks like I may have bounced without damage. I don't think I gained time in this race from that, but in some tracks/cars this could be considered dirty. So I'm really focused now to not hit walls in city tracks, and to penalize myself with a throttle-lift on track if I bounce the wall at all, whether it's damage heavy or not. 👍

Refer to the rules in Post #1, the GTP OLR Rules (pinned in this forum), and these info posts:
Track Boundaries Directory
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...tuning-prohibited.293390/page-38#post-9291933
Post-Race Penalties Explained
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-tuning-prohibited.293390/page-9#post-9187453

Condolences:
@LongbowX DC'd with decent prospects in a very slow car in Race #1
@Chiochan DC'd in the last lap of Race #2, in a fairly good position for the finish, despite an astonishing level of damage & tire wear. Too cruel.
@temuster who was DC'd way too much in general.
:( 👎
Hoping we can get better connections in future.

I was well aware this was bound to be a track with various "issues". :lol:
May seem odd that I scheduled it for the first heavy damage parity race... but I really wanted to hard test the format!

Overall, I think the races were very exciting. Not to mention amusing at times... and we're all here to have fun, after all.

So... I think overwhelmingly a success... with perhaps some possibilities for improvement in future.
:cheers:

Lol bad pit stop huh? I forgot the track layout and pitted like lap 2 or 3 for no reason. Noooo!

Tuesday
Series 11 Event 3 Race #2

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg
spraggy & @jackargent

016.jpg
@LongbowX

017.jpg

@watermelon punch also improperly entering the pit lane (after a fit of understeer :crazy:)

018.jpg
@watermelon punch , @tarnheld , & @Patrick8308

019.jpg
@John Wells followed by @jackargent

020.jpg
@Chiochan

021.jpg
@daddyo845 ... sees @Chiochan disappear in a poof of smoke :eek:

022.jpg
@John Wells following spraggy

023.jpg
@LongbowX ... smokin' the tires!

024.jpg

025.jpg
@snowgt crosses finish in 1st place

026.jpg
@daddyo845 crosses finish line with @watermelon punch behind

027.jpg
@watermelon punch crosses finish line with @tarnheld & @Patrick8308 close behind

Last edited:
That @tarnheld bumped into the chicane, and then wound up stopped dead in traffic and @nickg07 plowed into the back of his truck with no warning or escape...

Sorry @nickg07, had that strange feeling it was me, but wasn't really sure. :dunce: But like i said before, i damaged my suspension earlier, and had little control in the corners. So we all need to be a little more cautious next time. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back