Making the effort with others

I agree with @prisonermonkeys, the friend zone is "Gettin' some love" or "Not gettin' some love". It's just a way of saying you are/aren't getting close, be it in a sexual way or not, to a woman.
As much as we might like to think that we can have platonic relationships with the other sex outside of our family members, very very few of those are truly platonic on both sides.

I wouldn't consider it a hatred of women, as you say, @Joey D, but it certainly does create the situation where women are viewed as conquest in many cases where the term 'Friend Zone' is used.

That's only what I think anyway. It's probably complete bollocks.

How on earth do you get a hatered of women for wanting a relationship with them?
How on earth did you come to that conclusion from my post? I didn't say that wanting a relationship with a woman means you hate them. I said that believing in the "friend zone" did.

That's the thing though, the OP comes off as wanting something more from this relationship. With everything done it sounds more like she might be seeing it that way as well, with that said she is probably trying to distance her self. The way he describes everything in the first paragraph sounds almost relationship material, like things I would actually complain about if my girlfriend wasn't doing that. That's what's probably scaring her off.

That's exactly where the term friendzone comes in. He's wanting and pushing for more, coming off as a clinger, yet she's not interested in him in that way, and would prefer to be friends. I'm not sure where you got some sort of conquest out of that. If that's a conquest, then so is dating(and making a relationship out of it) in general. That term wouldn't come up if he wasn't trying, and pushing, for more from her. It certainly wouldn't come up if they where on the same page, either.. Whether that be a strictly friendly relationship or something more. The view on the term is subjective.

Now, I'm not exactly positive if he's trying to take that route, but that's just exactly how its coming off, to me at least.

Let me clear up prisonermonkey's misconception of my friend zone post. What I gather is OP wants something more than just friendship and feels that she is not reciprocating. My conclusion is that she's just not that into OP and it's time to move on.

I know this is an old thread. So apologies for reviving it. (One off I swear :lol:)

Just been looking back at some of the things I had posted back in the day, viewed this and wow! I was so dramatic back then, but I was a 15 year old kid and didn’t quite understand life like how I do now. (I’m now happy with somebody for 6 months now, I’m in love).

All the advice I had been given in this thread, is exactly what I would tell somebody now if they was in the position I was in years ago.

Really, I would just like to say thank you to all your advice that you lot gave me years ago. Even years onward I appreciate you lot being there for me when I was a kid. When I didn’t quite understand how life worked. :lol: But yeah, thank you all again. :cheers:

I’m sorry for reviving this thread mods, I just had to get it off my chest. I won’t do it again, I promise! :D

Back