Manuel, Pit in/Pit out

• Thread starter Octane015
  • 27 comments
que GIF

No, I mean you should have the option of driving into the pit lane all the way to your car garage by your self. Get your car adjustments done, and then drive out yourself.

Basically Piting In and Out should be done entirly by the driver(player). And this should also be an option that can be turned of as a race setup.

And no, iam not Mexican.

I think this is a complete necessity considering how long this games lifespan will be and its current competition on the market today. I.e, F12021, Acc, (not sure about iracing).

Even if its a firmware update in the near future after initial release.

I’ve been liking this in ACC. It’s way too complex for most gt players unfortunately.
And I agree with you, I have messed up so many times in the pit lane in ACC lol. I actually love it though and it still a a factor in racing… All PD needs to do is give the player an option of on and off no different from other options. Let’s hope!

With trucks blocking Trial Mountain pit lane, I don't think there planning manual pits, just keeping the pit animation, thought I would prefer manual.
Gran-Turismo-7-trial-mountain_Pit Lane.jpg

285553-gt.jpg

See that bottom part? Under the logo? The really need to get closer to that. And having manual pit entries/boxing/exits would go a long way to getting them closer to that tagline.

The series has come a long way. A VERY long way. But it needs to keep progressing towards what they've always claimed to be.

Make it a toggle? Yes. That would be OK. Get people used to it without just throwing them into it without a choice. Like the way I used to drive. I used to drive with the camera behind the car and using automatic. Now I drive with the roof camera view and use manual. I've become a better and faster driver because of it. I've also said in another thread how being able to change downforce during a race would be a cool thing, too. When you pull into the pits, you choose your tires, choose your fuel, then you can change the downforce.

PC2 allows the player to make a preset pit strategy. Adjusting on the fly during a pit stop would be cool. Soften the roll bars when it rains, change wing settings, even a slider for beginners would work.

With trucks blocking Trial Mountain pit lane, I don't think there planning manual pits, just keeping the pit animation, thought I would prefer manual.
View attachment 1111453
I think that's just supposed to be a cute scene of them setting up the track for GT7, lol. Don't expect Trial Mountain to look like that once the final product rolls around.

At least I hope they'd have all the GoPro boards ready by then. They still have a month left to get them all up.

View attachment 1111453

In reference to what you posted,

What if cars cannot obstruct you in the pitlane. For example you go straight through them like the ghost setting on "qualifying timelaps". And you just drive to your designated pitlane. And penalties given to thoughs obstructing or not being in there designated Pitlane after a certain amount of time.
This would solve the complete issue for sure.

Yes, ACC driving game implements this manuel ''pit in/out'' feature very well.

GT7 should feature this as well, maybe as a future update or on release. To be honest without this feature the game will be in the old ages, especially in 4-5y time.

Only way I see them add manual pit control is to have it brake and stop automatically for you.(you just focus on steering it without lifting the throttle)
I’ve screwed up so many times in a stressful ACC race that I had to reverse back to the spot where it activates because of the stress I was under to try to be quick. :ouch:

Last edited:
Even if they don’t give us the option to drive in ourselves atleast show the car getting to its box and leaving, not just transporting to and from.
Absolutely, let's go back to cars actually driving to their pit box, the teleporter is hopeless! Have you ever done a pitstop at Broad Bean? Your pit crew rush to get ready when you enter the lane, but the car takes somewhere between 23 seconds and 35,000 years to arrive.

Optional mini game would be nice, autopilot takes over until you get to your pit space and then you need to quickly press buttons in given order, the faster you are, the shorter pit stop lasts, that would simulate some of the swiftness pit teams need to show.

I think one problem with the new system (transporting) is accountability with how long it takes bots to pit, since you can't see the car travel the full length of the pit lane to pit stop & exit, I think PD sometimes has artificially shortened pit stops.

As long as they tell me what pit road speed is and how to identify my pit box. I'd rather not run out of fuel after missing my pit box 3 times because I don't know which pit box is mine.

Some games have pit box indicator options on/off. As well as manual pit limiter assigned button and on/off limiter assist option(and pitlane speed penalty). Another case for an engineer, PC2 engineer tells you to watch your pit lane speed.

PC2 allows players to preset pit options. Such as: changing all four, just one side, front or rear tyres. Changing tyres based on weather condition.

PD won’t make these options available. They love the warning messages. So, might as well warn players they have to choose a different tyre compound while waiting the 30 seconds of pit animation. The flashing tyre when pitting, seems to confuse players. Maybe the current tyre should be greyed or have a ❌ for the player to see they need to use one of he other choices. Plus, warn players the minimum number of laps, before they must pit to use the required tyre.

Even if they don’t give us the option to drive in ourselves atleast show the car getting to its box and leaving, not just transporting to and from.
And I hope they let us use photomode when the car is in the pit this time..

Back