Manufactured Wheel Stands only

• Thread starter fastmike75
  • 39 comments
nismo4life
gay....if a sparco bottom mount seat will work, wont any bottom mount seat work?

As a new owner of the "official" GT Cockpit, I can shed some light on the seat mounting accomodations. Most, if not all Sparco bottom mount seats will work without modification, as the mounting holes are pretty well standardized. The seat mount consists of a "U" shaped piece of tubing with two metal bars welded across it. These bars are where the seat bolts into.

That being the case, if you have any fabbing skills at all, you could adapt over pretty much any seat that is mounted from the bottom. However, you would need to be careful of the seat height, as the steering wheel shelf is rather low on this cockpit setup (in fact, I think I am going to revise the DFP mounting brackets so my legs don't hit them).

Overall, I am pretty happy with my purchase, and my justification for buying it is the fact that the Sparco Sprint happens to be a lightweight racing seat that I can use in my Miata during auto-x season, and it is one of the few seats that do fit easily. The design is pretty well thought out, with good adjustability, and a very solid feel. This thing just does not flex at all when you are driving.

Another nice touch, and one that was a big factor in my purchase, is that the design allows you to brake with either foot. Many of the pedestal-style designs do not allow you to brake with your right foot if you so choose. The pedal mounting plate is designed with the ability to either have the pedals centered (most comfortable for left foot brakers but not how most real cars have their pedals) or offset to the right with the brake pedal centered on the steering wheel (which is how most real cars have their pedals).

just stumbled across this thread and noticed most of the links do not work. then i notcied how old it was. anyone have any updated links... i would especially like some sub $100.00 ideas as i am poor. (the Xlerator Wheel stand is no longer sub $100.00 like it suggests in the first link)

just stumbled across this thread and noticed most of the links do not work. then i notcied how old it was. anyone have any updated links... i would especially like some sub $100.00 ideas as i am poor. (the Xlerator Wheel stand is no longer sub $100.00 like it suggests in the first link)

I think if your budget is under $100 you are looking at building something yourself or maybe second hand off eBay for craigslist.

Well, if you're poor you have other issues besides a wheel stand... HOWever... I just ordered a Fanatec Rennsport, and since you'd probably get to skip out on the tax (not being in California) I'm pretty sure you'd get it for less than $150... and that's about the best I've seen for a decent level of performance.

Back