Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
  • 15,973 views
Quick question... Why is my team mate listed as a dnf when he got first place?
 
Quick question... Why is my team mate listed as a dnf when he got first place?


I have a guess. If I remember correctly, seconds before the race countdown started, Evo mentioned that on his end, dawson was still showing what I call "the loading bar". Right after that I ventured a guess that those two would not be able to see each other on the track. I also seem to remember Evo verifying that was indeed the case once the race started.

I think it's just a matter of dawson not showing up on Evo's screen and subsequently his replay.

Also,

2. The track we've chosen is Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps / Weather Change. We realize that not everyone will have the DLC, but it is my understanding that you can use the track in my lounge.

As far as I know, this is no longer true. A recent update made it so you have to have the DLC in order to play on it.
 
Yeah...can we get the results from the last race fixed? I won that race! :P
 
Why don't we just check to see if everyone has the track. I picked it up a couple of days ago and while I have never run a single lap there I'm all for giving it a try.
 
I'm pretty sure everyone from Tunaville has it.
 
Yessuh, I have a spa.

I also have a replay save of race 5 available online if anyone wants to see one with all cars on the field :P

I know Dawson couldn't see 2 people during his run, dude being one of them, but I thought he saw eivl no problem. We're all in agreement he actually won though right? I've got a snap of the final results I could post up as well. The last 2 photos of my montage are actually him crossing the finish gate in first :)
 
I'm good with Spa -- now I just have to learn it...
 
He did? LOL. How the HEll he did it without a pit stop I'll never know.

hehehe. Indeed I did the whole race on one set of tires! And I was amused to see that, after Phreak, my lap 44 time was faster than anyone else's last lap, lol.

As to Spa, I have that track as well.
 
I was just looking at the weather thing. If we are starting at 4am Belgium time are we going to be racing in the dark? Or is it just the precipitation to look for?
 
1. Can someone give me a revised finish order based on my list? Did I mix someone up, or did I simply just list dawson as a DNF when he really finished? So is everyone just moving down 1 position, and dawson moves to the top?

Thats wild. So... on my screen, I was in first place until like lap 16ish. dawson, could you see me?

2. Can anyone confirm that the track can't be used if you don't have it? If not, I'm going to test it tonight with the new "test track x" to see if anyone can use it.

3. If someone DOESN'T have the DLC, let me know ASAP! (I'm sending a PM.)

4. If I can set the time, then I'll set it to be accurate. But I may cheat it a little to show the sunrise so that we can have a full on time change too.
 
2. Can anyone confirm that the track can't be used if you don't have it? If not, I'm going to test it tonight with the new "test track x" to see if anyone can use it.

As of this writing, Route X is available in the manner you're thinking. Anyone can join a race there, even if they didn't purchase the track themselves. Spa and the Kart Space tracks used to be this way, but a recent updated changed this to where you have to have purchased the first dlc to play on it, no matter what.

We've had discussions about it over at our forum and we wonder if A. They left Route X open like this so people could "try it before you buy it" and B. they'll patch it up in the next update like they did with Spa and the Kart tracks.
 
As of this writing, Route X is available in the manner you're thinking. Anyone can join a race there, even if they didn't purchase the track themselves. Spa and the Kart Space tracks used to be this way, but a recent updated changed this to where you have to have purchased the first dlc to play on it, no matter what.

We've had discussions about it over at our forum and we wonder if A. They left Route X open like this so people could "try it before you buy it" and B. they'll patch it up in the next update like they did with Spa and the Kart tracks.

PD are a bunch of wankers. Right up there with EA Sports. There... I said it.

:)

Anyway... I sent out PMs. For now, anticipate that being the track.
 
So is everyone just moving down 1 position, and dawson moves to the top?

Correct.

4. If I can set the time, then I'll set it to be accurate.

I don't think you can at Spa. I could be wrong but I think Spa is weather only, not time.
 
Alright... points should be updated and accurate. Can someone please just check my work?

Any other issues, just let me know.

Also, unless I'm missing someone, it appears that everyone has the DLC track, so expect the race to be on.
 
Has anyone done any laps yet. I tried a few with racing hards on a dry track and had a 2:28:266. No idea how close that would be.

Also can anyone tell me how the rain works? Basically if it is set to 5 does that mean it is going to rain and how much would we see. I have no idea how this works.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Has anyone done any laps yet. I tried a few with racing hards on a dry track and had a 2:28:266. No idea how close that would be.

Also can anyone tell me how the rain works? Basically if it is set to 5 does that mean it is going to rain and how much would we see. I have no idea how this works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Haha... so, I can have the weather set anywhere from 0? or 1, to 10. If I set it at 10, it will change more often. If I set it at zero, it won't change at all. So I'm going to put it at 5 for "an average amount of change?". I've done weather change races with the ticker at 5, and have had the sun shine the whole time though.

I can also set what the race starts with (rain or sun). This is what I'm going to base on the ACTUAL weather for that day/time. If it's raining when we start, then I'll turn the rain on. If not, I'll leave it off.

You should also be advised that with Sports tires, you can run them in the rain and the dry, but with race tires, you'll almost certainly need to pit to switch to the racing rain tires. So with the weather changing, the difference between a conservative and an aggressive pit strategy could make or break your race.

When you highlight the options in the track menu, it will explain what each does in the ticker at the bottom of the screen.

If you have any other questions though... just let us know! :)
 
Thanks Eivl,

I think I may play with it a bit.

Forget my previous time. I just changed cars and turned a 2:21.5 and I don't think I will go back to the other car. That's with racing hard.

Any other times out there?
 
Thanks Eivl,

I think I may play with it a bit.

Forget my previous time. I just changed cars and turned a 2:21.5 and I don't think I will go back to the other car. That's with racing hard.

Any other times out there?

Lance and I haven't run yet. We typically run sunday night or monday night. But with the football games this weekend, who knows.

I assume you're aware, but racing softs are also permitted.
 
Alright... so Golyadkin does NOT have the DLC, but was able to practice on the track AND run a race on the track with no issues that he reported.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work on race day, then we'll do a week postponement and reschedule at the same PP level, with a different track.

Expect this race to be run as is this week though.
 
Thanks Eivl,

I think I may play with it a bit.

Forget my previous time. I just changed cars and turned a 2:21.5 and I don't think I will go back to the other car. That's with racing hard.

Any other times out there?

2:17.2 absolute 1 time fastest lap, 2:19.ish average. All on Race Soft, no tuning.
 
Last edited:
I've been able to post low 2:18s with two cars, both on Race Softs.

Eivl, to answer your earlier question I honestly can't recall if you were shown on the "position board" (on the right side of the screen) while we were racing. I am pretty sure you were, but (through my eyes at least) at the beginning of the race myself, GTP_Sparkaloo and one other car (you I think) pulled away from the group. I started in 3rd position and passed 2nd place on the front straight and then spent 2 laps behind Sparkaloo before passing him. Once I passed him I put about 1 extra second between myself and 2nd place every lap and all of the cars I dealt with from that point forward were racers I lapped, or racers I lapped who then repassed me (owing to fresher tires). More or less after the 3rd lap I didn't have to battle for position again and had a lead of between 35-55 seconds the rest of the event. From the mid-point of the race onward I remember Phreak or GTP_Wizard being in 2nd place behind me for a bit, with it ultimately being Phreak the last 10 laps or so.

Sadly I had some glitch after the race was over and i was not able to return to the Lounge's main screen. I was able to view the final race standings, but after that my screen went blank and I couldn't save the replay or collect my winnings. I could hear everyone on mics talking though, and just had to quit the game entirely after "hoping" for 20 minutes or so for it to correct itself, lol.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
 
Last edited:
I've run a couple back-to-back low 1:16s on RS in the dry. Really hoping for a dry race, cause our car is likely to be a mess in the wet.
 
Alright... so Golyadkin does NOT have the DLC, but was able to practice on the track AND run a race on the track with no issues that he reported.

If for whatever reason it doesn't work on race day, then we'll do a week postponement and reschedule at the same PP level, with a different track.

Expect this race to be run as is this week though.

To clarify. I did buy the DLC that included Circuit de Spa - Francorchamps and the first car pack (not the most recent car pack with the new Lambo). Also, I did NOT buy the new Special Stage X track or test speed tracks. Thus, I am anticipating problems trying to get into Eivl's lounge or any online version of a track that I did not buy through DLC. I experienced being shut out of online racing at Spa before I had purchased the track (after a period where I was able to hop in rooms using the track without having bought it); my getting locked out started happening at a certain point that I don't remember exactly. So for my sake, keep it at Spa (probably a more interesting course/better setting for a final anyway), and please do not move the race to a newer DLC track which I haven't bought.

Thanks, y'all.
 
I'm torn between two cars right now.

Car A is turning in laps in the 2:14-2:15 range but is hard on tires.

Car B is turning in laps in the 2:16 range but is a little easier on tires.

I'll probably flip a coin right before race time. :boggled:
 
Eivl could you clarify the weather situation? Right now the forecast for Liege Belgium on Tuesday has a 0% chance of precipitation. So to me that means it will not rain in our race Tuesday.

Is my line of thinking correct?


Nevermind I think I figured out what you meant.
 
Last edited:
To clarify. I did buy the DLC that included Circuit de Spa - Francorchamps and the first car pack (not the most recent car pack with the new Lambo). Also, I did NOT buy the new Special Stage X track or test speed tracks. Thus, I am anticipating problems trying to get into Eivl's lounge or any online version of a track that I did not buy through DLC. I experienced being shut out of online racing at Spa before I had purchased the track (after a period where I was able to hop in rooms using the track without having bought it); my getting locked out started happening at a certain point that I don't remember exactly. So for my sake, keep it at Spa (probably a more interesting course/better setting for a final anyway), and please do not move the race to a newer DLC track which I haven't bought.

Thanks, y'all.

No... I have no intentions of using a track that requires purchase. In fact the only reason we chose this track is because we were under the impression that it was accessible by everyone. Since we've realized that it isn't, we basically got lucky that everyone had it. But we won't ever do a race that requires any kind of buy in.

Eivl could you clarify the weather situation? Right now the forecast for Liege Belgium on Tuesday has a 0% chance of precipitation. So to me that means it will not rain in our race Tuesday.

Is my line of thinking correct?


Nevermind I think I figured out what you meant.

Lolz... Our race is at 4am Wednesday local track (Belgium) time. That's when you should be prepping for the wx.

If anyone has questions about the wx, just ask...
 
I see it is supposed to be cold and foggy over night in Liege. I'm pretty sure that GT5 cannot recreate fog. Is that correct?
 
Back