Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
  • 15,973 views
My substitute teammate can't make it :(

Anyone out there that can help? I will still participate solo, b/c skipping would just be a double hit points-wise, but it'd be great to have a teammate regardless of how little prep time he gets!
 
I'm Subbing in for the GM group.. I dont have A Sunfire GXP can anyone lend me one? Or even a stock Solstice? (if its under 300)
 
I can get a car your way no problem, but it won't be until around 9pm.

Just shoot me a PM with what you want/need.

idk...if i remember corectly, isn't there only 1 car we can use...the A3 or somthing???

edit: nvm i found it...the A2...
 
Last edited:
Lobby is running late. I'll be there though.
 
I'm Subbing in for the GM group.. I dont have A Sunfire GXP can anyone lend me one? Or even a stock Solstice? (if its under 300)
Late in seeing this, but team GM have to run Opels due to selection. If you need a car, I can send you what I'm running.
 
Nice race fellas. Note to self: Plan pit strategy a little better.
 
I wish I had a little more car to race everyone with I feel like I missed out on a fun race! Hope you all had a fun race I'm sorry I couldn't help team GM a little more.. good race guys

Late in seeing this, but team GM have to run Opels due to selection. If you need a car, I can send you what I'm running.
I wish I seen this earlier. :lol: :lol:
 
Good race last night guys! I feel like the Spitfire was competitive enough for a podium finish but it's tail happy nature bit me in the ass a few too many times :P
 
I believe now that's twice in this season that a new member has won the first race. That's good and bad. It's good, because hopefully it means they had fun and will be back. But it's bad because I didn't win. :)

Anyway... there are a few incidents that need reviewing that will delay the points being updated. I will hopefully have the next race information posted tonight or tomorrow.

If others have any issues, please don't hesitate to contact me. It is a fun league, but more often than not, a little constructive criticism goes a long way.

Also... I was lapped by the entire field. Lawl @ GT5's PP system. :rolleyes:

Lastly, I'd like to thank our last minute subs, and those that donated cars to them so they could race as I sent my Audi to trimble. Mitch and Jesse were on Team Subaru last season as our champs but couldn't race this season.

On that note, our standard reservist Taisan will be unable to sub for most of the remaining events, so it is advisable that, if at all possible... teams find a substitute and notify me of it, or plan to make as many races as possible.

Questions, ask :)
 
Yes, thank you so much Jesse! You were a big help since my teammate couldn't make it.
 
When's the Race 4 info going to be posted? Weekends are usually busy for me, so a head's up would be appreciated :D
 
Coming up here in a hot minute!
 
Race Number 4 info has been posted, and official standings have been posted from race 3. Team Audi/Lambo... expect your tickets tomorrow!

Let me also add that racers should be respecting the racing line as much as they can. Remember that there will be glitching, and if the "glitcher" happens to be in a competitive car, you WILL have to race around that person if you choose to.
 
Last edited:
Whoo! Go team UK, and also thank you Jesse for stepping in for me and helping us back to the top (even though Dawson told me you lost 5th place on the last turn, d'oh! Probably still better than I'd of done)! Sorry I was unable to attend, but there was an unplanned family incident that took priority. Looking forward to the rest of the races with you guys and a great season!
 
Race Number 4 info has been posted, and official standings have been posted from race 3. Team Audi/Lambo... expect your tickets tomorrow!

Let me also add that racers should be respecting the racing line as much as they can. Remember that there will be glitching, and if the "glitcher" happens to be in a competitive car, you WILL have to race around that person if you choose to.

I don't understand the glitching statement.
 
I don't understand the glitching statement.

When you're racing, your system uses the most bandwidth for your car since you see your own car 100% of the time, and other cars less than 100% of the time. So when you're driving, more often than not, it will appear that you are not the one glitching, but that the "other driver" is the one that's glitching. Sadly, this is part of digital racing and there's relatively little anyone can do about it but have empathy in the situation.

There was an incident where a driver thought he was passed unfairly (I'm being very general) and after reviewing the event as a 3rd party, it appeared that both vehicles involved were exercising due diligence, but the "system" got the better of them with glitching.

Also to add... since I had a number of individuals inquire as to whether someone had complained about them... complaints are always kept anonymous, and BOTH parties will always be notified as I want to understand both sides of the story. So don't worry... we're trying to cultivate fun in this event, not paranoia and resentment, and I think both parties will come away feeling better about the incident than they did at the time it happened.

If anyone has further questions, please ask! :)
 
I see now. Your referring to lag. Thanks
 
I see now. Your referring to lag. Thanks

Yeah sorry... lag leads to glitching in my head. GlitchERS are people who are cheating. That is obviously, not tolerated at all.
 
Anyone turn some laps yet? I had a bitch of a time yesterday with my internet connection (was kicked out of my own lobby 5 times) but managed to spend 2-3 hours test driving some potential vehicles to use for this race. Without tuning any of them (except for transmission settings) I was able to get reliably (well, at least till the tires starting going, hahaha) down into the 2:49 range.

I still need to figure out which car I want (currently considering 3) and then do some suspension and drivetrain tuning but that is where I stand right now.
 
Anyone turn some laps yet? I had a bitch of a time yesterday with my internet connection (was kicked out of my own lobby 5 times) but managed to spend 2-3 hours test driving some potential vehicles to use for this race. Without tuning any of them (except for transmission settings) I was able to get reliably (well, at least till the tires starting going, hahaha) down into the 2:49 range.

I still need to figure out which car I want (currently considering 3) and then do some suspension and drivetrain tuning but that is where I stand right now.

I only had a short time yesterday to mess with anything. I did try out a couple of cars and managed a 2'52, tire shredding is a problem though. I am hoping to get some time tonight to test and tune some different cars. Your 2'49 range is what I am shooting for. :)
 
You dudes are fast!

Tires are definitely going to be a factor in this race!
 
My best time so far (online) is a 2:47.142, but the car is fairly unstable once tire wear comes into play. I'm not sure I can handle this car for a full length race without spinning a few times, lol. Unless I can settle things down a bit with some tuning tomorrow I have a slightly slower plan B waiting in the wings :D
 
Our plan B ended up becoming our plan A tonight during the test and tune. Didn't have much time to run because we stumbled onto it rather late after yutzing with the 10 million cars Toyota has at this level...

I was able to put down some 2:52's though online.

Also... I know Taisan is out for subbing... but Lance is out for this race, so if anyone wants to sub... let me know!
 
I'm gonna be out also EVO...I'm in Disney world till Friday....ill see if magz or me can get a sub
 
I'm gonna be out also EVO...I'm in Disney world till Friday....ill see if magz or me can get a sub

Rog. You're like a travel machine these days!
 
Way to go on the win Wolfpack. Excellent pit strategy EVO, I wish I had thought of 3 pits. Fun race all, sorry about your disco Phreak.
 
Way to go on the win Wolfpack. Excellent pit strategy EVO, I wish I had thought of 3 pits. Fun race all, sorry about your disco Phreak.

2 pits. It was really a function of my position. For the front 4 or so laps, I was keeping up fine with 1/2/3. Then the first two pulled off, and I locked into phreaks tail lights. After lap 4 or so he pulled away, and spun briefly allowing me to hang on. But I got sloppy.

So I'm sitting there just thinking I could probably pit and only lose 1 position BARELY. This amounted to losing 1 point in the standings, so I pit on lap 7ish.

Ended up catching you up just as you and everyone else hit the pits, so I got my position back and was gaining time for about 3 laps. Then just settled in.

Again in no mans land, I figured I should employ the same strategy... it ended up working as I overtook you with the white flag out.

I ended up on the podium when phreak got disco'd. Sucks...

With Phreaks disco though... I do believe each team only had one driver except Audi who had none, and Nissan who had both. So it should be a less damaging race than all the solo racers had anticipated. :)
 
Ah yes, 2 pits.
 
Alright lads... Race 5 info is posted! Hoping to get a full field for this one... track will be tight!
 
Great race the other night! I was pretty pumped to lead most of the race and finish out the event error free (and dico free, sorry Phreak! )

Race 5 looks to be interesting :P
 
Back