March Car of the Month - Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

Gallardo review - @shaunm80

What will shaun give me this month? That's the question, and since his tuning style is very similar to my own, I was looking forward to see what he was able to come up with.

First run, Silverstone International, yep, he used forward ballast as I would only he went further forward. It really helped this tune, found an incredible amount of grip and stability which lead to some fast and consistent lap times. Just cannot say anymore about it other than VERY WELL DONE SIR!!! Quite the enjoyable drive. Best lap - 1:06.452!

Now for part 2, and another trip to Ascari in a 550pp tune. How will it measure up to the others? Well, just don't over push it and this car is awesome. The handling is so good there is no need to really push the car passed 90% and stay away from the edge of no return. You will find it more than fast enough to just cruise and be amazed at the lap time. Handles very much the way I like my tunes, maybe too good even. Best lap time was a 2:10.503, however, didn't listen to my own advice and pushed it too hard preventing a lap that was certain to be in the 2:09.xxx range. In another lap or two I would have gotten there but time was limited and each tune was allowed only 3 laps.

Conclusion: Very well behaved, loads of grip and stability! Will reward you with surprisingly fast lap times unless you are looking for something a bit less tame. A go to car for when you gotta get it down and then move on. And that is a compliment not a knock. I would highly recommend for the next 550pp Seasonal PD throws at us so long as it's eligible.👍
i'll definitely have to give his car a shakedown and check it for steroids !! Nice job @shaunm80. I will try your car out for sure. the gallardo is a handful to get it around a corner without leaving any evidence.

Here are two tunes. I will be working on a special Lambo Gallardo tune for this months thread too.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (550PP SS) Link here

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (550PP SM)
Link here

lambogallardo-jpg.130314

For the SM version, take into account the below information.

"This tune is capable of 1.26s every lap on Apricot Hill. Very fast by all accounts. Try and push too hard and it will understeer however. Throttle control is a must to get the most out of this thing. If you want to drive this fun in a fun way, pretend your Justin Bieber on drugs in South Beach, Miami and drive it like you've got the cops on your tail. That'll make the Seasonal spec race fun!"
@shaunm80 what color is that on the Gallardo? It's gorgeous!! :drool:

It is one of the Chrome paints. My guess (without having the PS3 on) is Purple or a variation of that colour name by PD. :)
A chrome?! Wow...Never in a million years would I have guess it was a Chrome paint. I never look in that section, but I'll have to start. Thanks!

A chrome?! Wow...Never in a million years would I have guess it was a Chrome paint. I never look in that section, but I'll have to start. Thanks!

There are a lot of nice chrome paints in GT6, these are included in Limited Edition pack of the game :) I think I have over 20 paint chips of chrome variety, from brown, gray, gold, green, to blue, purple, red, pink and orange :) Some are gifted on the seasonals.

View attachment 321699
Tuned with ABS 1, no other aids, DS3

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
600 pp
720 hp @ 9,200 rpm
488 ft-lb @ 7,500 rpm
1165 kg
Power to Weight 1.61
Weight Distribution 44/56

GT Auto
No Oil Change
No Body Rigidity
Rear Wing: Custom Wing - Type B
Wheels: Stock: BBS RE-MG
Paint Body: Deep Burnt Orange Metallic
Paint Wheels: Machine Silver Metallic

Parts
Fully Customizable Suspension
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Torque-Distributing Center Differential
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Sports Tires

Suspension
Ride Height 90/90
Spring Rate 8.00/12.00
Dampeners Comp 5/4
Dampeners Ext 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/4
Camber Angle 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle -0.25/-0.25
Brake Balance 6/4

Transmission
Initial Final 4.500
Max Speed 230
First Gear 2.750
Second Gear 1.960
Third Gear 1.470
Fourth Gear 1.170
Fifth Gear 0.950
Sixth Gear 0.790
Final Gear 4.000-4.500 (adjust per track)

Driveline
LSD Front 8/12/8
LSD Rear 10/12/12
Center Diff 50/50

Power Limiter 94.6%
Downforce 5
Ballast Weight 0
Ballast Position 0

Images from Mount Panorama, tuned on Mount Panorama.

Have fun with it.
View attachment 321698
Does this tune work well on the new seasonal @DaBomm4? a few people seem to be struggling with this event so would be good to know of a tune that they can be sign posted too :)

There are a lot of nice chrome paints in GT6, these are included in Limited Edition pack of the game :) I think I have over 20 paint chips of chrome variety, from brown, gray, gold, green, to blue, purple, red, pink and orange :) Some are gifted on the seasonals.
I have the 15th anniversary edition of GT6 and I have a bunch of Chrome Paints. When I've gone into Paint > Body and selected a paint it looks horrible on the car, but perhaps that's just the lighting. Maybe it looks better on the car when the car is outside on a track.

I have the 15th anniversary edition of GT6 and I have a bunch of Chrome Paints. When I've gone into Paint > Body and selected a paint it looks horrible on the car, but perhaps that's just the lighting. Maybe it looks better on the car when the car is outside on a track.

Have to try it on track :)

I haven't booted up GT6 for a while but with a little adjustment to the torque distribution to fit the person better should work fine.

Does this tune work well on the new seasonal @DaBomm4? a few people seem to be struggling with this event so would be good to know of a tune that they can be sign posted too :)

Latest Posts

Back