Maserati In GT5 ???

We're talking about Polyphony here....

Yes, but just because one acquires the license to use a logo, doesn't mean one has acquired to the right to use the cars.

Unless, someone has found a Maserati in GT PSP.

In previous GT games PD didn't use to make any reference in the credits to the real shops, companies, etc that appeared on the tracks. In George V, for example, you can see an agency of CGD (Caixa Geral de Depósitos- a Portuguese bank) but there's no mention of it in the credits.
Surely, this being a car dealler in a car game, it may be different; still, in my view, it pretty much confirms Maserati's arrival to the GT series: great news!

RUI
In previous GT games PD didn't use to make any reference in the credits to the real shops, companies, etc that appeared on the tracks. In George V, for example, you can see an agency of CGD (Caixa Geral de Depósitos- a Portuguese bank) but there's no mention of it in the credits.
Surely, this being a car dealler in a car game, it may be different; still, in my view, it pretty much confirms Maserati's arrival to the GT series: great news!

They still had to get the license and not every one of them will be in the credits. Not sure on the numbers but on average a game like GT(a racing game with a lot of tracks and city tracks with advertisements and buildings) has probably close to 1,000 licenses that aren't car companies.

Although I'm not certain I think they need to have a license just to feature a building in the game.(although this could very well be wrong)

RUI, why mention then in GT PSP's credits when they arn't in the game if then?

There's obviously a legal reqirement for them to have been granted permission by Maserati to use thier name and logo for thoes same posters in GT PSP. It's worth noting that the license PD credited in GT PSP only allows them to use the Maserati name and Logo and didn't allow them to use the shapes ie to replicate the designs of the cars.

As said, Maserait may be in GT5, but it has nothing to do with the license used in GT PSP or thoes two posters. If you think they're confimation that you will be able to drive Maserati's in GT5 then you may be setting yourself up for dissapointment but willh ave been you fooling yourself f they don't appear.

No not really, just because Maserati is owned by Ferrari that doesn't make Maserati any easier or harder to license. It still depends on an agreement being made between PD and Maserati. As I said in the post I quoted below, it was true that having a license to a parent comapny amde it easier to get the licenses to the other companies then we'd have seen Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini and others a long time ago.

umm...Maserati and Ferrari are both owned by Fiat...who also now owns Chrysler. But, even if Fiat allows companies to put Maserati in their games, they also have to get Maserati's permission. (if you all remember, Volkswagen got pissed when PD put the Diablo GT in GT3 without getting their permission, so, they have to get permission from all parties before they can put a car in a game.)

RUI, why mention then in GT PSP's credits when they arn't in the game if then?

There's obviously a legal reqirement for them to have been granted permission by Maserati to use thier name and logo for thoes same posters in GT PSP. It's worth noting that the license PD credited in GT PSP only allows them to use the Maserati name and Logo and didn't allow them to use the shapes ie to replicate the designs of the cars.

As said, Maserait may be in GT5, but it has nothing to do with the license used in GT PSP or thoes two posters. If you think they're confimation that you will be able to drive Maserati's in GT5 then you may be setting yourself up for dissapointment but willh ave been you fooling yourself f they don't appear.

I don't see any difference in the text about Maserati and the one about Marcus - and the latter is in the game, I believe.

And don't worry, I'm not the type of person to get over excited about a car or manufacture being in GT; I also don't want to spread misinformation - I was just stating my opinion based on the credits of GTPSP. No drama if I'm proved wrong!:)

And a question: can we be 100% sure there are no Maseratis in GTPSP?

umm...Maserati and Ferrari are both owned by Fiat...who also now owns Chrysler.
You may be right, although Ferrari may be owned by Fiat they don't act like a sub company they act more like a partner to Fiat. I'm almost certain I read that Fiat had sold majority ownership of Maserati to Ferrari but I might be mistaken as I can't find any references to the deal.
But, even if Fiat allows companies to put Maserati in their games, they also have to get Maserati's permission. (if you all remember, Volkswagen got pissed when PD put the Diablo GT in GT3 without getting their permission, so, they have to get permission from all parties before they can put a car in a game.)
This part you are definitely right about, and it is what I've been saying ;).

The virtual clips look like PDs modelling.. http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/en/index/models/GranTurismo-S.html

Im not saying this IS DEFINITELY PD... but it seems very similar and considering Maserati is part of Alfa Romeo its plausible that they will make it in the game..

Maserati is a part of Ferrari.

Fiat group owns Ferrari on it' s part Ferrari owns Maserati. Just like the own Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler for 40%, Lancia, Fiat and no even Bertone I believe. ;-).

Can somebody post the full disclaimer from GTPSP? I'm suddenly curious which brands are also mentioned in there where no car is actually in the game (yet).

Since GTPSP and GT5 were originally planned to be released very close to each other, who says the disclaimer wasn't going to be the same in both games? Could be a hint of what's to come...

Here's another picture with the Maserati ad (Top left)

gran-turismo-5-screeenshots-feb-4.jpg

If Maserati does make it into the game, I'm hoping to see the Tipo 61 "Birdcage".

Isn't that part of the real tokyo? In the same way the Porsche logo is a part of the real Lemans race way?

I would love the typo 61 birdcage, i would love any Maserati be it the classic racing cars or the classic/ modern road cars.
They definitely should be in as they are part of Ferrari ( Fiat ) and all the other brands of the Fiat company are present.

Really love Ferrari, Really love Lamborghini but a Maserati is a class of its own.

Seeing that they also included Cizeta in GT4, i would love to see a De Tomaso Pantera making its debut........:drool:

Maserati cars should be in GT5 too if there are Ferrari cars in it, I guess :)

Yes, and i think they will be ( just a gut feeling, not based on anything ) and it would make perfect sense as they have changed fundamentally in recent years under Ferrari ownership and gone back to creating the classy and gorgeous looking GT-cars they were famous for.

To fully bring the marque back to a wide audience, what better way than being featured in GT5 ( as Ferrari recently is ), for the same reason i'm confident we will see the Alfa Romeo 8C Competitione in GT5.

The same logic should apply to Porsche ( although their current line up isn't exactly something you would proudly show to a world wide audience ) which only very recently became part of the Volkswagen Group, but that's a completely different subject............;)

Yeah, it's famous for its gorgeous cars as you said. It would make progress in something again..

And yes, it would be off the topic.

Last edited:
Maserati cars should be in GT5 too if there are Ferrari cars in it, I guess :)

As well as the Alfa 8C, one of the cars I would love to see, and it's very likely to happen I guess.

The gran turismo S is just awesome, a superb mix of class, beauty, power and soul, bring it.

As well as the Alfa 8C, one of the cars I would love to see, and it's very likely to happen I guess.

The gran turismo S is just awesome, a superb mix of class, beauty, power and soul, bring it.

I object. It's too heavy. Too blah.

Horrible placing. Then again, this group of cars is far above it (well, except maybe the R8)

Last edited:
I object. It's too heavy. Too blah.

Horrible placing. Then again, this group of cars is far above it (well, except maybe the R8)

Ofcourse it's quite heavy compared with those sports ( super ) cars, it's a GT-car which isn't about all out performance, the proper comparison would be cars like DB9 or XK-R, etc. and please don't call it blah. :grumpy:

I know it probably isn't the greatest driver car ever, but just look at it both outside as inside, i would even buy it if it drove like a truck. ;)

Which it thankfully doesn't, yes it's heavy but well balanced with a Ferrari-based V8, ( yummie )

And i never judge a car based on a shoot-out, if that's the benchmark of judgement we should only see cars from the NHRA, and i don't want motorsport for the lobotomized.

Last edited:
Mc12 would be pretty cool, and i would like backfire as maserati race cars have lovely backfire, Zenvo st1 would be pretty cool and that has a wicked backfire and why isn't there any signs of the lamborghini murcielago super veloce we have seen the Gallardo now lets see the real raging bull spitting flames from its mouth!!

Last edited:
Ofcourse it's quite heavy compared with those sports ( super ) cars, it's a GT-car which isn't about all out performance, the proper comparison would be cars like DB9 or XK-R, etc. and please don't call it blah. :grumpy:

And i never judge a car based on a shoot-out, if that's the benchmark of judgement we should only see cars from the NHRA, and i don't want motorsport for the lobotomized.

In two sentences you just explained what can be considered a great car to me. 👍 I like the DB9, it's not blatantly fast as an F430, but is very attractive just like the Ferrari.

The Gran Turismo is not the fastest, but performance isn't all a car can offer to you, if this was the case, GT should include only dragsters and F1 cars.

With Forza and now NFS Shift both featuring the Maserati GranTurismo i was wondering if this fact would make the inclusion of Maserati in GT5 more likely since Maserati is obviously keen to have their cars included in video games.
You will have guessed by now i'm a huge fan of this famous marque and would love it being included and it's more likely than ever since it is effectively part of Ferrari S.P.A.

For all the doubters and those who don't see the immediate appeal of these machines and whether it should be included, here are some clips.

James May explaining the appeal of the Bora compared to both the Countach and 512 BB ( both already included in GT5 ).

Below are 2 clips featuring a couple of significant historic Maserati racecars, would be incredible in my opinion to have any of these in GT5 to race against some of the historic Ferrari's, etc. possibly included in GT5.

Anyway we'll just have to wait and see, just thought as i saw the GranTurismo available as DLC for Shift ( which i don't own ) the likelyhood of their presence might be increased.

Sorry for double posting but I decided to bump this one as the question marks in the title of this thread should perhaps be removed as the inclusion of this glorious historic brand is now confirmed with the footage of the Gran Turismo in that E3 trailer ( best surprise among many great surprises for me at least ).
Now we can start speculating which models will be included perhaps, just hope some classics ( like the classic Ferrari and Lamborghini models ) will also be included although I'm already perfectly happy in the knowledge of being able to drive the Gran Turismo in Gran Turismo for now.........:)

maserati_logo_gd.jpg

Sorry for double posting but I decided to bump this one as the question marks in the title of this thread should perhaps be removed as the inclusion of this glorious historic brand is now confirmed with the footage of the Gran Turismo in that E3 trailer ( best surprise among many great surprises for me at least ).
Now we can start speculating which models will be included perhaps, just hope some classics ( like the classic Ferrari and Lamborghini models ) will also be included although I'm already perfectly happy in the knowledge of being able to drive the Gran Turismo in Gran Turismo for now.........:)

maserati_logo_gd.jpg

Yes! It's a great addition.. I'll be addicted to ;)

(EJRocky: I looove your signature!)

Back