Maserati to Return to Racing With the Mysterious MC20

They're back, they want to avenge the MC12.
This is completely badass!

20200221_191705.jpg

My childhood hero.​

Last edited:
MC12 is one of my all time favorite cars. Really cool to see Maserati finally bring a new mid engine halo bearing the MC name.

I don’t know how much hope I’d place in this being as successful as the MC12. Ferrari literally built the foundation for that car where as this, I don’t know if Ferrari has any involvement.

I don’t know how much hope I’d place in this being as successful as the MC12. Ferrari literally built the foundation for that car where as this, I don’t know if Ferrari has any involvement.

I don't think so since their contract with Ferrari as an engine supplier is ending, along with Maserati stating that they developed the car in their lab. It will definitely be hard to keep up with the legacy of the MC12, unless this car surprisingly gets a V12.

I don't think so since their contract with Ferrari as an engine supplier is ending, along with Maserati stating that they developed the car in their lab. It will definitely be hard to keep up with the legacy of the MC12, unless this car surprisingly gets a V12.
I don’t have a problem with whatever power plant they go with. It’s a new era and everyone has to conform eventually. I just haven’t seen anything yet that would make me think this car has a shot at being as good as the MC12 really was.

I don’t mind being proven wrong, the MC12 til this day is underrated by many at how good it is as a track beast, road or race version.

The first rear-engined Maserati, a screaming 3.0 liter V-12 of 320hp.

1961 Maserati Tipo 63

Below, "supercage" V-12 with articulated birdcage deDion tube suspension(!), 620 kg, capable of 187mph. Dig those crazy stone walls. Is this the Targa Florio?

Maserati Tipo 64

Maserati-T64 chassis from the rear, January 1962 equipped with the V12. Supercage was a fitting description.

Last edited:
No mention of this thing that ran up to 2012?

maserati-quattroporte-superstars-wallpaper-hd-60258.jpg

No, and for similar reasons as those stated in the article.

Like the GT3 car, this is a Swiss Team car, rather than a Maserati one (although like the GT3, Maserati may have supplied parts), and Superstars Series was for the most part a domestic Italian series - starting off as an exclusively Italian series and then adding the occasional race elsewhere in Europe (I think Kyalami was on the calendar once), to create - with at least half the calendar at Italian circuits - a kind of two-championship Italian/International series with the same field.

It also looks phenomenally ungainly :lol:

One of the most outrageously lurid Maserati racers was the 1962 Tipo 151. Clocked at 195mph, with a quad cam 4.5 liter V-8 and low-drag/high-lift aerodynamics, it was insanely difficult to hang onto at LeMans and Daytona.

Maserati Tipo 151/004 Then

Maserati Tipo 151/004 Now

Back