Maserati vs Bugatti

• Thread starter Danny
  • 48 comments

Maserati vs Bugatti

• Total voters
Theres always been stupidly pricey, heavy and fast Bugatti's. The fact the Veyron is moreso is inevitable since it has to achieve more to compete with todays standards. Sure it's an over the top car, but it wouldn't be a Bugatti if it wasn't the best and offered luxury comforts at the same time.

Bugatti hasn't made a car since 1963.

A group of people bought the rights to make cars with the name 'Bugatti' - the company called themselves 'Bugatti Automobili SPA' - They produced the EB110 and several concept that never made production. They also owned Lotus for a while.

VAG (Volks-Audi Group) have since bought the rights to produce VW's with the 'Bugatti' badge - they call this branch of VW 'Bugatti Automobiles SaS, Volkswagen AG Group' - They may or may not eventually release a car called the Veyron.

Driftster
Technically, if this car wasn't really a "bugatti" then there would be some major lawsuits going on....
So yeah, it's a bugatti, it's just lost it's roots a tad....but a bugatti none the less
case closed, bugattis are better than maseratis hands down

People just like Maseratis because there are more of them. Either that, or it's the same reason people like Skylines, which I still have yet to fathom.

because the name "maserati" sounds better when thinking about performance than "bugatti" does...

And the whole Ferrari association game people like to play....

Can't do that once they start putting SBC's in the cars...hah, that's funny

Driftster
because the name "maserati" sounds better when thinking about performance than "bugatti" does...

And the whole Ferrari association game people like to play....

Can't do that once they start putting SBC's in the cars...hah, that's funny

But Ferarri is also synonymous with Fiat, which, as drivers know, don't make the most reliable cars.

[edit]

Haha, people call them "anemic", "rusty", "unreliable and badly made, but handles like a dream", and the only car with "rust built in!".

PS
People just like Maseratis because there are more of them.
You just think you have the answer to everything, don't you??? You really think thats the reason people like them???? I mean, if thats the case, then why aren't we all in love with Accords or Camrys??? Theres plenty of them around.

Fact is, to me, I just like the cars. They have a very good racing heritage, they look great, sound great, and are a blast to be in. I've never driven one, but I've ridden in a QP on a few occasions, and its a fantastic machine. I couldn't care less how many of them are around. Though, I do see a QP and Coupe on a very regular basis at work. Very nice cars.
PS
.....Either that, or it's the same reason people like Skylines, which I still have yet to fathom.
The Skyline itself is just another car. But, the GT-R ranks right up there with the MKIV Supra for great powerhouse cars. No, its not the greatest ever car, or the fastest, or best handling. But, it does all those things very well. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Got any more ideas???

Hilg

no..the MKIV ranks up there for oversized tub of crap with straight line potential........

and yeah..here's another idea..

Maserati's arn't the greatest/fastest/best handeling/best looking cars in the game....

but they do it all "alright"...

too bad bugatti does all the over...better..

Driftster
and yeah..here's another idea..

Maserati's arn't the greatest/fastest/best handeling/best looking cars in the game....

but they do it all "alright"...

too bad bugatti does all the over...better..

Except Maserati have been making cars since 1926

Bugatti Automobiles SaS haven't made one customer car yet - how can they be better?

too bad we're not talking about
"bugatti automobiles SaS"..

We're talking about the bugatti name and every car that bares it....

I wish for once people would get their heads out of the corporate worldz azz...

Driftster
too bad we're not talking about
"bugatti automobiles SaS"..

We're talking about the bugatti name and every car that bares it....

I wish for once people would get their heads out of the corporate worldz azz...

Thats like grouping all the 2 seat sportscars together that are called 'Cobras' - Original AC/shelby's and all the thousands of replicas that have been produced since.

Just because its called a Bugatti doesn't mean the Veyron or the EB110 come from the same linage as the Type 35, Royale or Atlantique.

Its you, my friend, who seems to be hoodwinked by VW's 'corporate' spin.

JNasty4G63
You just think you have the answer to everything, don't you??? You really think thats the reason people like them???? I mean, if thats the case, then why aren't we all in love with Accords or Camrys??? Theres plenty of them around.

Fact is, to me, I just like the cars. They have a very good racing heritage, they look great, sound great, and are a blast to be in. I've never driven one, but I've ridden in a QP on a few occasions, and its a fantastic machine. I couldn't care less how many of them are around. Though, I do see a QP and Coupe on a very regular basis at work. Very nice cars.

The Skyline itself is just another car. But, the GT-R ranks right up there with the MKIV Supra for great powerhouse cars. No, its not the greatest ever car, or the fastest, or best handling. But, it does all those things very well. Nothing wrong with that in my book. Got any more ideas???

Hilg
people like accords and camry's because you can find cheap parts for them that makes them look fast, like spoilers for ff cars that add 40+hp

JNasty4G63

Hilg

Did that post of mine sound even remotely intelligent? If not, then chances are I was making it in jest.

I'm staying neutral. I really liked the Bugatti's super car called EB110(?), but I don't know too many of their cars. Maseratis I'm little bit more familiar with. However, I can't say I'm a big fan of their recent offerings.

I think Maserati have the best names.

Ghibli Competizione
Khamsin
Quattroporte
Birdcage

Back