Matrix Revolutions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter toyomatt84
  • 39 comments
  • 1,336 views
Messages
7,965
Saw it on opening night here. Kiked way more arse then the second. Very good fight scenes, especially the Smith v Neo one. I didn't like the mid-air fighting tho, looked kinda surreal and cheesy. O well, overall it is a...

MUST SEE!!!
👍 👍
 
How about the man vs. machine concept underlying the story? Was it as watered down at Reloaded? Or was it as good as the original?
 
Picture a really taunt, edge of your seat, unreal Video Game. Then on a really big screen, and really loud.

The Wachowski brothers are playing and you're along for the ride. I enjoyed it and so did my wife. The man vs. machine is certainly played out much more.

AO
 
Was the story concluded or was there room for a fourth installment?
 
Definately concluded.

It does leave the thought of a 4th movie open to the idea, but for 99% of the questions it is resolved.

AO
 
I thought it was boring, plain. Mabye I wasn't in the mood for a movie like this but I just couldn't appreciate it.
 
POSSIBLE SPOILERS....

Well, I saw it tonight and I thought it was incredible. However... it does leave me with one question... If there were five previous matrixes and Zions, then couldn't the machines just simply start over? Or is that pretty much ruled out because of the way the movie ended?

I liked the Dock fight the most. It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
 
Most certainly they could start over. Hence the comments near the end with the oracle, seraph and the little girl.

AO
 
Im going to see it tonight..

If there is indeed room for a fourth movie , i believe that the wachowski Brothers will have no further part in the making of a fourth movie...Just my thoughts...
 
Originally posted by Der Alta
Most certainly they could start over. Hence the comments near the end with the oracle, seraph and the little girl.

AO

Yep, that was what I was referring to.
 
Me and my freinds had our own little theory.

We thought that they might do a fourth one (though still not quite shore if they will or not). Because we think that Neo might be dead now, and the little girl is now the one, and as the oracle and archtect (sp?) were talking, they said that peace can't last for ever....so.....

I thought it was good though. The IMO the first one is still hte best.:D
 
I definitely thought that the dock scene was the best. Was it just me, or does the armored suits remind you a little bit of Gundam fighters and other such anime.
 
Originally posted by milefile
How about the man vs. machine concept underlying the story? Was it as watered down at Reloaded? Or was it as good as the original?

Better than the second is what I thought. But, the Smith v. Neo scene at the end kinda suked. Too DBZ-ish. Otherwise, the storyline was followable and was a lot less sensual as the second flick. I wasn't a fan of the whole love scene deal. That's IMO.
 
Saw it today, very good scene when the machines break through the wall.

Who thinks they'll make some more? Thinkl they gotta really
 
GREAT CG, lame story, nice fights (debatable- mostly stuntmen), it seems like NEO was just another form of control in the End. PEACE, what crap is that...?
 
NO SPOILERS HERE

Well, there is no beating the second movie. I think reloaded takes the cake out of this trilogy.

The third movie requires a leap from those of us who were sucked in by number 2, IÂ’m not sure everyone is going to make the leap.

The trilogy is concluded for the most part. There is room for number 4, but it would be tacked on. I donÂ’t think it would be a good idea.

This movie does justice to the whole series. In spite of some of the choices that they made with Neo the movie is pretty much hardline about being realistic. I loved the end - very well based in the computer world.

Perhaps the thing I love the most about this trilogy is the philosophical discussion. The conclusion of choice over purpose is great. I also love that it happens in tandem the conclusion of man vs. machine.

The storyline is perhaps the most well though out carefully crafted science fiction storyline I have ever seen. ItÂ’s a pitty that most of the audience doesnÂ’t seem smart enough to follow it, because itÂ’s brilliant.
 
So this post contains SPOILERS!

The conclusion of this movie came on two fronts philosophical and physical.

The philosophical discussion was all about choice vs. purpose - Neo vs. Smith. The Marovingian and the Architect talked about the lack of choice while Neo and Oracle talked about the existence of choice. Interestingly enough there were some good guys who had to be converted on the issue (Locke, Morpheus). In the end, choice wins when Neo says to Smith “because I choose to.” Smith is totally lost, not understanding what he’s watching and Hugo Weaving does a great job of acting it.

The physical conclusion comes when Neo allows himself to be destroyed by Smith. He canÂ’t hang with even one Smith, which justifies SmithÂ’s willingness to take him on one on one. In the end it looks like Neo allows himself to be copied over, thereby supplying SmithÂ’s source code to the physical manifestation of the Architect in the real world. The architect then finds a weakness in SmithÂ’s source code and runs Anti-Virus on the Matrix. He probably runs Anti-Virus on a backup of the matrix and then reloads it (which is why Seraph, the little girl and the Oracle come back).

ThatÂ’s what I got out of the third move. IÂ’ve only seen it once and there is more to get IÂ’m sure.

I had trouble making the leap to Neo having powers in the real world. I guess I never really thought of him as a prophet in 1 and 2. It makes sense that they would go there with his flick though, because itÂ’s kinda the last aspect of the human race that they hadnÂ’t included. I think itÂ’s interesting how they tried to capture the entire human race in one series of movies, complete with Eastern, Middle Eastern, and Western philosophy.
 
I was prolly dozing off at this part, but in Matrix :Reloaded the architect says " If I am the father of the Matrix, then SHE is un-doubtably the mother"

Who was he reffering to? Cause it wasn't the oracle.
 
:odd:

I tohught he said it wasn't the Oracle though... cause Neo said that and the Architect laughed at him.

And I didnt think that was her purpose. She was there to prophecise, i thought that was like her only job.

I need to watch Revolutins again. I must of been half asleep i swear.

Ugh, and I need to spell check.:rolleyes:
 
The architect laughed because he thinks the name that the humans gave her "the oracle" is funny. Her job was to undertand humans well enough to help fix the matrix. That's why she always knows when Neo wants to sit down or whatever, because it was her job to understand human behvaior. She used that undertsanding to insert a subconcious layer of choice in the matrix. Which is how people wake up in the real world.
 
* light turns in in my head*

Duh me!
I really need to pay more attention to Revolutions next time I see it.
Cool 👍

(It needed more kung fu stuff imo)
 
i didnt go waste my money cause i figured it would be just as stupid as the rest. everyone talks about how "smart" this movie is yet it contradicts itself around every corner. plus i heard it was crap happy ending anyways. and keanu reeves cant act. he can play one charactor and thats it.
 
Duh me!
I really need to pay more attention to Revolutions next time I see it.

Not to worry. I spent some time thinking about it. They don't make it obvious.

i didnt go waste my money cause i figured it would be just as stupid as the rest. everyone talks about how "smart" this movie is yet it contradicts itself around every corner. plus i heard it was crap happy ending anyways. and keanu reeves cant act. he can play one charactor and thats it.

Good idea. You wouldn't get it anyway. Keanu Reeves is easy to poke fun at isn't he? Have fun.
 
mann......that neo vs smith scene was definitely a DBZ remake or something........the movie was pretty good but DAMM THATS AN ABRUPT ENDING!!! i almost didnt catch it.....i think a 4th installment would be a good idea.......
 
Originally posted by danoff
Not to worry. I spent some time thinking about it. They don't make it obvious.



Good idea. You wouldn't get it anyway. Keanu Reeves is easy to poke fun at isn't he? Have fun.

actually i got it. thats how i came to the conclusion that it contradicts itself. and it does. theres not much to get anyways. machines rule earth and use humans as a battery. WOwOwWOWOWOwOW. thats so clever wachowski. thats so clever. where the hell is the "**** with ur mind" ending u tried to make everyone think was gonna happen. its just a movie for burnouts and it cant even answer its own questions that it created.
 
actually i got it. thats how i came to the conclusion that it contradicts itself. and it does. theres not much to get anyways. machines rule earth and use humans as a battery. WOwOwWOWOWOwOW. thats so clever wachowski. thats so clever. where the hell is the "**** with ur mind" ending u tried to make everyone think was gonna happen. its just a movie for burnouts and it cant even answer its own questions that it created.

...and you just proved that you didn't get it.
 
Originally posted by danoff
...and you just proved that you didn't get it.

how? i get it up till the 3rd one. and i havent seen it. someone just told me it.
 
I loved the action...but I hate the fact that it didn't even answer the questions that should've been answered! Gah. :mad: There better be a fourth one to give us all the answers.
 
maybe.....but there had better be some ACTION in there too!!!

SOME ORIGINAL ACTION!!!

all of the *action* has pretty much been seen in

a. the 1st matrix
b. dragon ball z:lol:

also, on a side note i would like to say that the word *action* is another one of those freaky words:lol::lol:
 
Back