Max Drive, Game Save and making video files thread.

• Thread starter Kent
  • 477 comments
It sounds like the stick you are using is not compatable to the Datel software, where did the stick come from, Datel?

The folder that you sent me, called BASLUS-20002RRV is the save file in it's raw format (nerds, I know it's not, but it's easier to explain it this way) The max software/stick compresses this folder and its contents into a single file with an extension of .max

IMO, you need to find yourself another stick to play with, or buy the "silly overpriced piece". 👍

As for the file you sent me, i can't test it as I haven't got the game. To be honest I thought you were reffering to a GT4 game save. I'll still convert it, but I can't promise it'll work though.

Sending now.

EDIT:

Save converted and sent.

Are those folders labeled as such :BASCUS-97328BHMWiYYY

Ah, that'll be:

Week 139
Zonda LM Race Car
Grand Valley Speedway [normal]
Ghost Replay
Replay number 1
NTSC Format

:sly:

Is it ok if i send a PS3 export file of a replay?
Just bought a memory card adapter for the ps3.

Attachments

• replay.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 10
send the folder to me via my email.

I have sent you a similar folder, hope i sent it correctly, if you want to convert to .max and try replay it would be appreciated. If not that's OK.
Thanks

Is it ok if i send a PS3 export file of a replay?
Just bought a memory card adapter for the ps3.

What would you like me to do with it, create a max file from it?

I have sent you a similar folder, hope i sent it correctly, if you want to convert to .max and try replay it would be appreciated. If not that's OK.
Thanks

Hi, can you send them again, but this time zip the files please.

hmm, that one is different to the one you tried to send me earlier. Which one do you want?

Use the second (current) as it is this weeks replay

OK, managed to get both to work so I've sent them via email.

ntsc-test-02.max is your current one.

Nice driving btw :)

EDIT: be sure to uncrush them. :)

OK, managed to get both to work so I've sent them via email.
THANKYOU
You are a god :bowdown:
Everything worked very well
What can I tell Datel is missing from this system, if anything
I don't want to do this every time i have a replay to submit
Thanks again and again
Kenny

THANKYOU
You are a god :bowdown:
Everything worked very well
What can I tell Datel is missing from this system, if anything
I don't want to do this every time i have a replay to submit
Thanks again and again
Kenny

For whatever reason, the Datel software isn't converting the files into a single .max file. instead you are somehow just copying the folder(and its contents) that is stored on the PS2 memory card, to your stick.

In short, no conversion to .max is being made.

I don't mind coverting them until you get your problem sorted, but It's easy to do so maybe you would like to try it?

I'm not very good with computers, but I'll try most things at least once.
You could post instructions here (to help others in the future) or email them to me. All help is appreciated but I try not to bother others with my problems.

When I have the time to write a tutorial I'll post it here. I am planning to revamp this thread sometime soon anyway.

Untill then, just send me your WRS files via email and I'll sort them for you.

@DustDriver,

Here is your PS3 file converted to a PS2 Max file:

Attachments

• pal-psv-max file.max
    29.4 KB · Views: 10
cool
and thanks for all you do for the WRS

Ditto. Well done to the investigative attitude shown. 👍👍👍
I'm eager to see what Sphinx will give us, and want to express my deep appreciation for that. You do ROCK!:cheers:👍:cool:

Kenny, race ON!!! :cheers:

thanks sphinx for converting it.

It's the replay from week 133, probably a bit to late :)

I am also having a similar problem. I copy my replays to the usb, then go to the pc. I have folders that the replays are inside of. When I go to upload the files in those folders it tells me that the files are not compatible formats. Im using an ARmax, ntsc.

The files have names like this:BASCUS-97328BXMWiY5Y. Does that look correct.

I need to get my replays up for last weeks WRS, so if anyone could give me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pat

Im using an ARmax, ntsc.

The files have names like this:BASCUS-97328BXMWiY5Y. Does that look correct.

I need to get my replays up for last weeks WRS, so if anyone could give me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

Pat

I have the same problem. If you private message your problem to Sphinx he will probably help you. The problem is with the Datel software.
When you contact them, only use the email method to get anywhere with them.

I have already emailed them to sphinx. He is graciously fixing the replays for me(thanks again)

Is this just a problem with the newer releases of the software? If so where can we find old versions.

Alright, someone referred me to this thread...

I'm looking to find out if there is some kind of car trading in this forum somewhere. I'm looking specifically for the Mercury Cougar in Onyx Black from GT4. I know that there are "complete" game saves with all of the cars... but does that mean all the cars with all color options???

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nice to see another member from the North East. Go HERE for a complete gamesave. You will need a Max Drive to transfer the file onto the PS2.

So, just bought an AR MAX EVO and I can't for the life of me get it to copy or move a crushed/uncrushed file to both the USB stick that came with the software, nor a 2GB Corsair Voyager stick of my own. Keep getting 'Unknown ERROR'. The Corsair stick I know is formatted as FAT, 16 I presume. I guess the stick that came with EVO is formatted, though I've tried to format with the software and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Actually just plugged max drive into my pc and there are 4 folders, 3 @ 30KB (crushed I guess), and one @ 86KB, which I didnt compress. No .max files though.

EDIT 2: Sphinx, will do. 1 sec...

esh
So, just bought an AR MAX EVO and I can't for the life of me get it to copy or move a crushed/uncrushed file to both the USB stick that came with the software, nor a 2GB Corsair Voyager stick of my own. Keep getting 'Unknown ERROR'. The Corsair stick I know is formatted as FAT, 16 I presume. I guess the stick that came with EVO is formatted, though I've tried to format with the software and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

There is a little switch on the side of the USB stick that locks it. Try that.

Still unknown error. None of the files on the maxdrive have file extensions, so what are they?

Just read back a couple pages and am having same issue as others, saves not getting compressed. I'm not even sure how I'm getting files on the maxdrive at all if it doesnt finish the process.

Should I reformat the drive in windows?

I prefer to use the computer to format the max stick, not the ps2.
Sounds like we are getting a bunch of software with some missing pieces. My version is 1.38. Esh, Its unclear in your post if you tried to get a file off the forum or the console.

can you not format it with the software provided?

Nothing happens when I hit the square to format it.

I'm trying to get a replay of mine to post for week 144.

Also, the version on the disc itself says 3.70.

Well, I'm screwed apparently. I formatted the drive and now nothing is on it but the folder when it tries to copy or move but with nothing in it. No 'raw' saves, no nothing. Awesome.

Also, tried using some of the GT4 cheats and those don't work either. What a waste of time and money.

Save the folders on your desktop and format using the start button on the desktop.Right click Start, click explore, right click whatever drive is your max drive, click format. See if you can load a replay from this week and uncrush it to watch it on the console. My second copy of ps2 hardware still was not correct. My pc software is ok. Don't worry as it can be corrected, so don't delete any files.

Maybe I was a bit late with this reply. Still, don't worry.
Sphinx can make replays out of those folders. Are they labeled as BASCUS whatever.

Back