May Car Pack (10 New Exotic Manufacturers; IGN Codes)

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 206 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Called the exotic car pack, it will feature brand new cars never before had in Forza. If you don't like exotics, skip this.
US, April 30, 2010 - Tuesday, May 11, Turn 10 and Microsoft will release a brand new 10-car pack. The downloadable Exotic Car Pack features 10 boutique cars, all from manufacturers previously not featured in Forza Motorsport 3. This pack of specialty cars is so unique that we felt compelled to do something special ourselves.

IGN has teamed up with Turn 10 to offer some lucky Forza fans free download codes for the May car pack. Starting Monday, May 3, and running through Friday, May 7, we'll post a pair of screen shots from two of the cars in the pack. If you guess the two cars correctly, you may just win yourself a download code you can use to pick up the Exotic Car Pack when it hits Xbox Live on May 11.

Check back on Monday for the first two cars and full details on how you can score a download code.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087221p1.html

Brand new cars never having been in Forza before?

I wonder if that's relative to manufacturers, or just the vehicles themselves.

Full. Of. Win. :D

well, it does say "from manufacturers previously not in Forza 3."

Maybe Spyker will appear, finally. Maybe Gumpart and Ascari. I mean, there aren't too many exotic car makers left out of FM3. I think adding ten more will complete the list.

Let's see...my predictions:

1. Spyker C8
2. Gumpart Apollo
3. Ascari KZ1
4. Capro T1 (or whatever it is)
5. Maybach
6. Rolls-Royce

And I that's all the exotic car makers I can think of that weren't in FM3. I would say they're might be more than one Spyker, Rolls and Ascari (maybe the A10 that holds the third fastest time around the Top Gear Track). Maybe the Gumpart Apollo and Apollo S? But, yeah, there just aren't many they left out...sorta narrows down the list.

I read right over that. :lol:

However, it does say "...in Forza Motorsport 3" It's vague and I'm probably placing more emphasis on it then I should, but it could really mean anything. Callaway could come back as it isn't in FM3. As could any other manufacturer that was in FM or FM2 that isn't in FM3.

Rolls Royces (would that be the plural) and Maybachs don't belong on the race track.
*checks Google Images*
Apparently some Rolls Royce owners are willing to take their car to the race track. I wonder if their butler does the driving? :lol:
42.jpg

I also never knew there was a Maybach supercar...
maybach-exelero.jpg

...but it's a one-of-a-kind model, and it does 2.5 mpg. So it will barely last 2 laps around the 'Ring, and therefore you'll probably need to either drive carefully or pit at the end of every lap.

Maybe. but it still limited. And Callaway is more of a tuner than an exotic car maker. they did make the C12, but that was just a VERY heavily modified corvette. I believe it even had a modified Corvette engine in it. And they didn't make very many for the public. Mainly they used it racing and it was the beginning of Team Corvette, as the Callaway was replaced with the Vette a couple years later. (which subsequently killed the GT1 class in ALM, because Team Corvette were known to whine every time they lost, regardless if it was their own fault or not. Example: the C6's first race at the 12 Hours of Sebring. One car had it's brakes explode and the the other hit a wall or something, and, despite it being one of only TWO races Aston Martin won, Corvette complained because they had a weight penalty put on them so they "wouldn't dominate" the Aston Martins. Of course, the crazy Brits on the Aston Team were like "Bring it on!")

Anyways, I still think we'll see a couple Rolls Royce, maybe Spyker will pop in. Would be surprised if one or more of the others I mentioned showed up, as well.

Rolls Royces (would that be the plural) and Maybachs don't belong on the race track.
*checks Google Images*
Apparently some Rolls Royce owners are willing to take their car to the race track. I wonder if their butler does the driving? :lol:
42.jpg

I also never knew there was a Maybach supercar...
maybach-exelero.jpg

...but it's a one-of-a-kind model, and it does 2.5 mpg. So it will barely last 2 laps around the 'Ring, and therefore you'll probably need to either drive carefully or pit at the end of every lap.

Actually, I think Maybach used to race a long time ago. And you have to remember that Rolls builds the most powerful engines on the planet. I mean, they power airplanes and ships.

And if you think Rolls doesn't belong on the track, you've never seen them on Top Gear. They're pretty powerful cars. They maybe bathed in luxury and owned by the Germans (I think BMW owns them) and they might weight about the same as a tug boat, but those engines can handle the load without breaking a sweat.

So, they can get you to the track in style...and then get you around the track REALLY FAST in style as well.

Oh, and Maybachs are powered by AMG Mercedes engines (I think the lovely V12 that powers the Pagani Zondas and that was used in the ME412 and CLK-GTR), so it's to loser either.

Last edited:
Rolls Royces have powerful engines to help pull all that weight around they carry. They have absolutely no track qualities.

*shrug* I don't know. It could be fun. And if Rolls and Maybach aren't in, then I don't know who is.

(For some reason, the Rolls-Royce cars are powered by BMW. Mostly using BMW's rarely used V12...at least, rarely used outside of Rolls. I mean, if it were up to me, I would at least let Rolls build a concept car engine, just to see what they come up with. After all, what's the point of owning the company that builds the most powerful engines in the world, and not let them build an engine.)

I don't mind that, you can drive them all for free in the arcade mode. I know owning them and fiddling with them in the career mode is the main thig though, but it's not too hard to make the money to buy them. It's only the trophy cars like thoes 10 million plus Ferraris that are a pain in the proverbial to get. But een then, you set your sights on owning one of them and it's a goal to work towards and an incentive to keep playing. I still don't own every car I've downloaded, and I haven't got every car pack, only three I think and that's including the free one I got when I bought the game. I'll see what this one has before I decided if I want it or not.

Oh, hell yeah. They NEED to add a Noble or two. Ascari and Gumpert would be fun. Spyker, just for the cockpit view. I'm ambivalent about Fisker. Their cars are cool, but built off of pre-existing models. Still, I think they're unique enough to offer a new driving experience.

There's a car company that's rarely heard of. I didn't even know about it until the first TDU. It'll be nice to see them in FM3.

And don't forget about Morgan. Wood framed pieces of art. And they're pretty good around the track, as well.

Ginetta and Gillet are two other exotic makers...and you also have Cinzeta, and Protomotors.

Updated List of predictions:

1. Spyker (C8, and maybe the C12 or D12)
2. Ascari (KZ1 and/or A10)
3. Weismann (Roadster...isn't that the only car they make?)
4. Morgan (Aero and maybe the Aero GT-R)
5. Noble (M14, M400...or a couple others possible)
6. Gumpart (Apollo)

From what it sounds like though, each car will be from a different manufacturer. So, there are still 4 that I can't guess at. I guess we'll find out Monday. (although, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Rolls and Maybach still)

Last edited:
Forgot about Morgan. I have my fingers crossed one will make it in. I like being able to drive oddities in video games. It's not always about lap times.

It's not clear if each car is from a separate manufacturer, or just that the pack will include all new manufacturers, some with multiple models.

Here's a quick list of some other brands we haven't seen, some more obscure, some lame:

Ariel
Dacia :)
Delorean
Fenix (probably too early)
Lada (Russian machine never breaks?)
Prodrive (the P2 prototype)
Skoda
Rossion (too early, too derivative?)
Ultima
Vector

DeLorean isn't an exotic and it's coming in a later pack.

Skoda also isn't exotic and we already have SEAT, VW, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Bugatti. I GUESS they could implement the missing member of the VW/Audi Group, but I doubt it.

Ariel works.

Ultima Maybe.

SSCA could also make it. (Shelby Super Cars of America). They currently hold the record for the World's Fastest Production Car.

But other than that car, SSCA it's really an exotic car maker and they're mainly a tuner.

I can see Aerial, Ultima and POSSIBLY Vector, but, if I'm not mistaken, PD still owns the exclusive rights to Vector.

Well I was playing with the word "exotic" loosely, to have a little fun. I expect the more obvious choices to make the cut, with a couple of surprises.

I think Ariel works, given they've been represented in Microsoft published games before.

It's a shame we will still have to wait for a Dacia.

lol, well I know they're exotics and they just don't do it for me. I pretty much only drift now so it's obvious what kind of cars I'm looking forward to.
The term exotic is being thrown around loosely with this. I've heard as far as the Suzuki Swift Sport being a possible car....

The Onion needs to sponsor a pack and give us the first, second, and third gen Prius, both Insights, the CR-Z, various Lexus hybrid SUVs, and so forth.

Escalade and Silverado hybrids? :lol:

Still no. :P

I can't stand the sight of Escalades in real life. I could put up with Silverado, though. If they put in that Tonka F150, I'd play with that and just crash into the AI for a couple of laps.

you do realize that American Hybrid is an oxymoron, right? The Japanese make hybrids to improve gas milage. the Americans build hybrids to improve horsepower, which means, those electric motors in American hybrids, don't really do much. Case in point, the non-hybrid Ford Escape gets 31mph the hybrid, 34. Wow, 3mpg difference. The Escalade gets what, 15mpg normally and gets about 17 or 18 with with the hybrid. Not much improvement. And the hybrid models cost about $10k more.

If they're going to put electric and hybrid cars in, they should simply ad Tesla Motors. Although, technically, I believe Tesla's are considered exotic, so it just might be possible to see them appear. And the new 2012 Tesla Model S is just an awesome looking car.

Last edited:
you do realize that American Hybrid is an oxymoron, right? The Japanese make hybrids to improve gas milage. the Americans build hybrids to improve horsepower, which means, those electric motors in American hybrids, don't really do much. Case in point, the non-hybrid Ford Escape gets 31mph the hybrid, 34. Wow, 3mpg difference. The Escalade gets what, 15mpg normally and gets about 17 or 18 with with the hybrid. Not much improvement. And the hybrid models cost about $10k more.

If they're going to put electric and hybrid cars in, they should simply ad Tesla Motors. Although, technically, I believe Tesla's are considered exotic, so it just might be possible to see them appear. And the new 2012 Tesla Model S is just an awesome looking car.

Way to ruin the joke that was going on. Nice job.

Latest Posts

Back