May DLC Discussion Thread

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 282 comments
I cant believe i forgot one of my biggest disappointments...

Drivatars instead of well programmed AI

Having the AI ramming you is ok in Ride Racer or NFS but in a serious racer am not a fan at all. Give me good AI everyday of the week.

I cant believe i forgot one of my biggest disappointments...

Drivatars instead of well programmed AI

Having the AI ramming you is ok in Ride Racer or NFS but in a serious racer am not a fan at all. Give me good AI everyday of the week.
I suspect you're in the minority with this gripe. Drivatars are pretty bad when a track is new but once they're trained up they seem generally better than M. Rossi to me.

Is M.Rossi the epitome of great AI?
No, which is why I'm glad they improved things with Drivatar. It kind of makes me wonder which console game's AI Turn 10 you think should they try to emulate.

No, which is why I'm glad they improved things with Drivatar. It kind of makes me wonder which console game's AI Turn 10 you think should they try to emulate.
I would like them to try and program great AI...Why emulate why not be the best?

While Shift 2 was **** the AI was far superior to Drivatars. Even Toca way back on original Xbox had better AI, Dare i say Grid had better AI?

Last edited:
I would like them to try and program great AI...Why emulate why not be the best?

While Shift 2 was **** the AI was far superior to Drivatars. Even Toca way back on original Xbox had better AI, Dare i say Grid had better AI?
I dunno. I remember the cars in those games not bumping into me but on the other hand they weren't really good enough to overtake me.

I dunno. I remember the cars in those games not bumping into me but on the other hand they weren't really good enough to overtake me.
Do the AI overtake you in Forza 5? I only race on unbeatable and very very rarely i get overtook and im no where near top of the leaderboards. In free mode on unbeatable i need to let the full 15 cars pass me (you always start in 1st no matter what) to get any sort of racing going on and usually by lap 2 or 3 i am in the lead, If i dont let them pass i dont see the AI until im lapping them.

I seem to remember getting overtook in the games i mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm sure we have folks who post in both forums but I didn't think they were all go over for no other reason than to troll GT. Seems like strange behaviour.
The "I see many people who post in both forums" and "some of them even do so just to troll" were two separate concepts. My apologies.

Do the AI overtake you in Forza 5? I only race on unbeatable and very very rarely i get overtook and im no where near top of the leaderboards. In free mode on unbeatable i need to let the full 15 cars pass me (you always start in 1st no matter what) to get any sort of racing going on and usually by lap 2 or 3 i am in the lead, If i dont let them pass i dont see the AI until im lapping them.

I seem to remember getting overtook in the games i mentioned.
How does drivitar work exactly? I thought that they learn from the people on your friends list, and allows you to race a close replica of your friends driving styles?

How does drivitar work exactly? I thought that they learn from the people on your friends list, and allows you to race a close replica of your friends driving styles?

It only chooses either 5 or 6 from your friends list the rest are random, I friended tons of the best racers from the leaderboards as well as Darin from ISR and none of them would ever finish in the top 3 always two randoms and always the same 2 for that session.

Last edited:
I'm normally pretty high up the leaderboards. I guess it depends upon whether the car you're driving is tuned well for the track or not.

Ok poor choices...

Online is very poorly designed
No public lobbies
No hoppers with damage
No regional azure servers
F1 lobby set up for 30 mins rather than laps
Poor choices for DLC Cars
Expensive DLC
LOD models are to jarring when racing
Again no night racing
Lack of race cars

Plenty more but i know that lot will have you's scrambling to T10's defence and how wrong my choices are.

Certainly you have a few in there that I would like to see, DLC that is more to my taste (very personal thing) dynamic change of time and more tracks etc. My hope is that we will not have to wait for Forza 6 to see some of these, but who knows.

Back