Maybe an E3 announcement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadBullBunny
  • 49 comments
  • 5,123 views
Not a very good comparison. There's so much more you can add to a game like GTA, GT5 not so much more than more cars and tracks and some updates. What, are you going to add a new storyline to GT5? And that game already is a bigger title than GT5, so whatever happens with that game millions will buy it anyway.

A GT5 Spec II would be expensive. If they make it free, they might damn well lose a lot of money, as barely anyone will buy the game again, if they make it DLC, same thing, not many people might bother buying "things that should be in the game already" and they will have loads of protest from fans, and lose a fanbase and money.

The most profitable thing to do now for Polyphony and Sony is to work on the NGP, and a new Gran Turismo on the NGP. Can you imagine how many people would buy the NGP because of GTPSP on it? I would. GTPSP already proved to be a success, even with all the poor reviews and all the things missing, and the odd graphics and glitches. The far superior NGP could easily iron out those problems and make a much better game, to launch with the NGP, there you go, you've got 5 million sales for the NGP and GTPSP2 at least already. And that money can go to the budget of GT6 for a release in 2012

This is a business here they're running. They aren't made to carry out your heart's desires.

I already said something about the NGP in a few posts above talking about having GT5 for it.

I think its a pretty accurate comparison seeing how there is much to add to gt5. I mean rockstar made two dlcs and they were both totally brand new games compared to IV for only $20 each. They did fine. Kaz could add much more to the game and make it cheap. $20 is better then $60. Much rather have all the updates promised and GT6 released on a next gen console. I would think thats would Kaz is doing for gt6 seeing how there was comments that the ps3 was holding them back in areas.

What GT5 is lacking they can easily do with updates instead of making GT6 for us to blow more money on another game.
 
I was expecting that. We've seen that sort of "logic" before. I'm not sure why people are this retarded.

Yes, Gran Turismo is the longer-running series, with more titles released and a larger fan base (due mainly to the fact that it's been around for so long and on consoles that sold well over 100 million units). Thusly any given GT game can't help but outsell any given FM game, no matter what that FM game has to offer. Turn 10 and Forza just can't do anything about that.

However, nothing that PD can do for GT5 will impact FM4 sales in any way. Anybody with any shred of interest in FM4 will still get FM4 no matter what updates are made to GT5. They simply cannot do enough in way of updating GT5 to persuade Forza fans to pass on FM4. "Well, I did really want FM4 but PD added twenty new DLC cars and two new tracks to GT5, so I guess I won't need a whole new game after all"?

I've been enjoying GT5 since it was released late last year and still play it a bit. My wife hates it because I've spent so much time with it, and jokes about making the game disc vanish. I'm still definitely getting FM4 and expect to sink even more time in FM4 than I have in GT5 (I also put more into FM3 than GT5, mainly because FM3 has features missing in GT5), and there's nothing PD can do with GT5 to change that. PD simply can't realistically add enough to GT5 to keep me from picking up FM4, and this will hold true for anyone else interested in FM4.

No update for GT5 can impact FM4 in the slightest. Anyone who likes Forza and wants FM4 will definitely get FM4, no matter what PD does for GT5. Period.

Quite true - PD could release the DLC pack of the century and it wouldn't change a thing... but regardless, I read an article on IGN where some of the guys from Turn10 indirectly stated that FM4 will do all and much more than GT5 did...at this point nothing PD does/says will matter, and I think it's safe to say we can finally expect a truly great game this fall. I'll try to dig up the article, it's worth a read.
 
everyday i come here to check the news to see if there is a possible big update to add a feature in that we all been promised or at least dlc. I couldn't see kaz just saying all of what he did then dropping it to start creating gt6 and just give gt5 races here and there with small updates sometimes. I know they added some stuff to the game since its been released, but they are just minor in my eyes. I personally think they've had to much time and maybe they will announce something for us gt5 players at e3. Something to try and top forza4 maybe? Would be quite nice to have some support.

happening. Not. Is. It!!!
 
I already said something about the NGP in a few posts above talking about having GT5 for it.

I think its a pretty accurate comparison seeing how there is much to add to gt5. I mean rockstar made two dlcs and they were both totally brand new games compared to IV for only $20 each. They did fine. Kaz could add much more to the game and make it cheap. $20 is better then $60. Much rather have all the updates promised and GT6 released on a next gen console. I would think thats would Kaz is doing for gt6 seeing how there was comments that the ps3 was holding them back in areas.

What GT5 is lacking they can easily do with updates instead of making GT6 for us to blow more money on another game.

Ok, so let them give you cockpits for 800 more cars, a good 20 or so more tracks, and improvements to physics and graphics, plus extra, brand new cars. For free. In one update. Or make the existing customers pay $30 for it.

That's just impossible, as an update like that would be incredibly large in size, and costly and time consuming for PD to be able to create in the first place. And there certainly wouldn't be enough people going to buy GT5 if it was free to make up for it. If it was a DLC, it would be very costly, in excess of $20, and a lot of people will protest, saying "these stuff should be in GT5 already." I've seen that said before, right here, when DLC rumors popped up at first of standard cars being premium-ized.

PD are better off putting it all in GT6, to release on the PS4 next year, saying "GT5 was a big step forward, but with it's missing pieces, but we've perfected it now with GT6." and giving us a new game on the NGP which will sell like hotcakes and bring them money to work on GT6.
 
This is a bit of a stretch comparison, but if you're saying DLC can't extend a game or boost sales, look at World of Warcraft. It works well for them, just with levels instead of more cars/tracks.
 
Don't think that there's going to be a GT NGP this soon.. Reason? Hardware issues with the PS3 and the new GT5 engine. Think about it. They've had so much problms with PS3 hardware (memory issues and stuff, off topic: have you noticed that in arcade mode you can have 15 oponents, but only 11 i A-spec?). Any way, NGP is another type of hardware and really don't think that PD can pull it off this quickly.

NGP allready has many reasons (games and features) to atract large number of buyers at launch. GT5 NGP will be used to breathe in a new life into the NGP, and boost sales in the years to com (just like it did for PS3).

So, what's it gonna be this time? I'm clueless..You never know with this guy I really hope for a new mode, open world, new competition (ETCC or simillar).
 
Thirdly, one developers goal isn't necessarily the same as another, who knows what Kaz would want to implement into an open world game, and what others would add/take away to make it work.

Thank you for kindly pointing out the issue I have been conveying last post. If it is true that Kaz said that the PS3 won't work with his "vision" then when will it ever?

Open world driving is already on PS3, it's called TDU. I'm sure Kaz's game would almost be totally different, even if it's the same concept. One thing you can be sure of is that Kaz's vision and final product would be distinctly different from anything before it. Don't be mad because Kaz said his vision won't work on the PS3, it's probably for the better.

Oh you are sure? Man, I was sure disappointed with the "rehashed" car models and disappointing sounds.
And of course games being produced and developed by a different company is going to be different. Why say the obvious?
Once again, his vision is too "perfect". Being a perfectionist is cool and all but there are some flaws:
1.) As I have already stated earlier, if you are going to concentrate on a game and develop it for a very long time but to just only throw in rehashed works from the PSP - that is not called being a perfectionist.

2.) It__takes__too__damn___long.
Look at the other video game companies who are spitting out triple A titles like crazy.
 
The only reason I'd buy a PS4 is for GT6/7 (god knows which one).
Just sayin. :)
 
The only reason I'd ask my parents to buy a PS4 for me is for GT6/7 (god knows which one).
Just sayin. :)

/Fixed.
 
I don't think a GT6 would be announced as Kaz wanted another 2 years on GT5, but was rushed by Sony. Yes given 5 years this game should have been epic, but you can't rush genius. Who really knows what went on in the PD offices while GT5 was being created. I see a massive update or DLC. Like the 20 something tracks missing. Or front areo, and tire temps, more cars, generic cockpit for standard cars, or better A.I. All of this would be nice, but even without it I would still play GT5. Haven't played Forza (no Xbox) but I have played Shift2 and it seemed better than the older NFS but still not up to par.
 
Villain

My parents made me pay for my PS3. :/
And that's with a $1 allowance per week. lol
Yes I'm 14 and I find that insulting.
How did you find that immature?
 
By the time GT6 comes out you'll have bought yourself a house gogatrs! :dopey:
 
I want a heroic mode/playthrough 2 for after you hit level 40, tight restrictions, bigger rewards, unbeatable superfast AI and that extreme damage model with race ending damage. Also want 2+ player co-op in A spec and to be able to race against my Bobs.
 
McClarenDesign
GT Drivers Club!

Tourist Trophy 2?

FT-86 DLC?

More Tracks?

Ooooooo, I know!!!!!

GT5 Prologue Spec III 2!!! ftmfw!

That being said, I wouldn't mind paying for DLC, or even a suplemental disc, a la Disc 2 or some such nonsense. At this point in my life, after 5 generations and countless hours lost in a virtual reality, PD could gift wrap syphillis in a Super-Mega-Uber-Collector's Signature Edition and I'd pre-order my copy yesterday.

LMAO - top quality. I think 98.5% of gt5 owners feel the same. PD can you here the cha-Ching?
 
My parents made me pay for my PS3. :/
And that's with a $1 allowance per week. lol
Yes I'm 14 and I find that insulting.
How did you find that immature?

Well when I was your age, I bought my PS3 too. It took me 2 years of saving every penny. Took me 1 1/2 years to get my PSP the year before. Now the fact that you even asked your parents to buy this for you is just stupid. The fact that you are trying to counter his flamebait makes you seem immature.
 
I'm going with tourist trophy 2. Too soon for anything else I think.
 
BigMackAttack
Well when I was your age, I bought my PS3 too. It took me 2 years of saving every penny. Took me 1 1/2 years to get my PSP the year before. Now the fact that you even asked your parents to buy this for you is just stupid. The fact that you are trying to counter his flamebait makes you seem immature.

OK, I'm done :dopey:

Back on topic, a lot of people I kart with think that it'll be Tourist Trophy 2.
I'm not a big fan of Motorcycles, but they do look/sound pretty beast!
 
I'm expecting GT PSP remastered, DLC cars, and GT Driver's Club.
 
I think it will be Omega Boost 2.
 
IMO it will definitly be GT5 related if anything. Especially with statements like these

"Kazunori Yamuachi - Now it's released we're going to have several million people who'll become citizens of Gran Turismo. From here on we have to listen to their voice and see what they want and change the game accordingly to match their needs. So Gran Turismo really is just at the starting point, it's really the beginning and we're just going to evolve from here "

And videos like these


And i can't find the video where he talks about Polyphony being completely occupied with Gran Turismo when questioned about would he like to make different games.
He says something along the lines of " Gran Turismo consumes all of my time, as it stands currently there is no time for another game but yes in the future i would like to make a different game, but for now it's Gran Turismo "
 
Last edited:
Back