Maybe an E3 announcement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadBullBunny
  • 49 comments
  • 5,119 views
Messages
286
United States
Florida
Messages
MadBullBunny
Messages
Xbox Fails.
Everyday I come here to check the news to see if there is a possible big update to add a feature in that we all been promised or at least dlc. I couldn't see Kaz just saying all of what he did then dropping it to start creating GT6 and just give GT5 races here and there with small updates sometimes. I know they added some stuff to the game since its been released, but they are just minor in my eyes. I personally think they've had to much time and maybe they will announce something for us GT5 players at e3. Something to try and top forza4 maybe? Would be quite nice to have some support.
 
GT5 Spec II!!!!! :)
 
GT5 Spec II!!!!! :)

GT Drivers Club!

Tourist Trophy 2?

FT-86 DLC?

More Tracks?

Ooooooo, I know!!!!!

GT5 Prologue Spec III 2!!! ftmfw!

That being said, I wouldn't mind paying for DLC, or even a suplemental disc, a la Disc 2 or some such nonsense. At this point in my life, after 5 generations and countless hours lost in a virtual reality, PD could gift wrap syphillis in a Super-Mega-Uber-Collector's Signature Edition and I'd pre-order my copy yesterday.
 
I wouldn't be shocked to see information about a Spec II update at E3 (For a Q4 release)

If Kaz's name appears on the E3 guest list. We can get excited :D
 
Something to try and top forza4 maybe?

I was expecting that. We've seen that sort of "logic" before. I'm not sure why people are this retarded.

Yes, Gran Turismo is the longer-running series, with more titles released and a larger fan base (due mainly to the fact that it's been around for so long and on consoles that sold well over 100 million units). Thusly any given GT game can't help but outsell any given FM game, no matter what that FM game has to offer. Turn 10 and Forza just can't do anything about that.

However, nothing that PD can do for GT5 will impact FM4 sales in any way. Anybody with any shred of interest in FM4 will still get FM4 no matter what updates are made to GT5. They simply cannot do enough in way of updating GT5 to persuade Forza fans to pass on FM4. "Well, I did really want FM4 but PD added twenty new DLC cars and two new tracks to GT5, so I guess I won't need a whole new game after all"?

I've been enjoying GT5 since it was released late last year and still play it a bit. My wife hates it because I've spent so much time with it, and jokes about making the game disc vanish. I'm still definitely getting FM4 and expect to sink even more time in FM4 than I have in GT5 (I also put more into FM3 than GT5, mainly because FM3 has features missing in GT5), and there's nothing PD can do with GT5 to change that. PD simply can't realistically add enough to GT5 to keep me from picking up FM4, and this will hold true for anyone else interested in FM4.

No update for GT5 can impact FM4 in the slightest. Anyone who likes Forza and wants FM4 will definitely get FM4, no matter what PD does for GT5. Period.
 
I was expecting that. We've seen that sort of "logic" before. I'm not sure why people are this retarded.

They are probably thinking about the time when Turn 10 released Forza 3 Ultimate Edition right before GT5 came out.
 
They are probably thinking about the time when Turn 10 released Forza 3 Ultimate Edition right before GT5 came out.

yes, but microsoft releases platinum hits versions of ALL their first party games one the one-year anniversary of their original release. they weren't trying to top anybody and I doubt that PD will try anything either.
 
People are different. Some might get Forza4 anyways, but I know quite a few people who will get forza4 for what gt5 lacks of. GT5 can hurt sales and increase their own with big updates to enhance game play. I couldn't tell you how many times I seen someone go "500 standard cars that are old school graphics? Why even bother putting that in the game. Useless! I won't buy gt5 if it has crap like that." Even small issues like not being able to edit the gearing turned people off towards the game. It all adds up in the long run. Might not seem it to you, but in the big picture not everyone is the same. It would be quite nice to see Kaz stepping up at E3 for GT5.
 
I'll bet it's gonna be Tourist Trophy 2.
 
There's nothing marketable left of GT5. They won't be giving GT5 a Spec II, it won't be able to boost sales much, if at all. They will have something else, brand new. Not a Tourist Trophy 2, as that's not a very interesting genre for most players and so, won't be of much gain either. Considering the NGP's soon release, it's probably a new game on that. GTPSP 2 is the most profitable thing, as it will boost sales for the NGP, and with the NGP's far superior hardware, they could make leaps and bounds over GTPSP.
 
There was nothing left for GTAIV and they made two dlcs for that which brought it back again. Big dlc can bring any game back if it adds to the gameplay. GT5 took over 5 years to make and yet there wasn't much in it. It would be stupid of them to just drop it now and leave it like its been going. Would make me think less of them and not expect the next GT to be as good as GT5 was supposedly suppose to be.
 

Haha thanks, I was lazy to google it...

Crazy, last year I was getting crazy, 3 months before the E3...
Now, after GT5 is out, I don´t even know when the E3 is...
 
TT if anything, we already know that GT5 v1.10 will be out shortly (when PSN 'settles down' in Kaz's words).
 
MadBullBunny
There was nothing left for GTAIV and they made two dlcs for that which brought it back again. Big dlc can bring any game back if it adds to the gameplay. GT5 took over 5 years to make and yet there wasn't much in it. It would be stupid of them to just drop it now and leave it like its been going. Would make me think less of them and not expect the next GT to be as good as GT5 was supposedly suppose to be.

Good point, no point in just throwing away 5 years of work..
 
Everyday I come here to check the news to see if there is a possible big update to add a feature in that we all been promised or at least dlc. I couldn't see Kaz just saying all of what he did then dropping it to start creating GT6 and just give GT5 races here and there with small updates sometimes. I know they added some stuff to the game since its been released, but they are just minor in my eyes. I personally think they've had to much time and maybe they will announce something for us GT5 players at e3. Something to try and top forza4 maybe? Would be quite nice to have some support.

They are not competing with Forza. They have said it many times. Hopefully we will get some info at E3. I am sure they are working on something right now.
 
I was expecting that. We've seen that sort of "logic" before. I'm not sure why people are this retarded.

Yes, Gran Turismo is the longer-running series, with more titles released and a larger fan base (due mainly to the fact that it's been around for so long and on consoles that sold well over 100 million units). Thusly any given GT game can't help but outsell any given FM game, no matter what that FM game has to offer. Turn 10 and Forza just can't do anything about that.

However, nothing that PD can do for GT5 will impact FM4 sales in any way. Anybody with any shred of interest in FM4 will still get FM4 no matter what updates are made to GT5. They simply cannot do enough in way of updating GT5 to persuade Forza fans to pass on FM4. "Well, I did really want FM4 but PD added twenty new DLC cars and two new tracks to GT5, so I guess I won't need a whole new game after all"?

I've been enjoying GT5 since it was released late last year and still play it a bit. My wife hates it because I've spent so much time with it, and jokes about making the game disc vanish. I'm still definitely getting FM4 and expect to sink even more time in FM4 than I have in GT5 (I also put more into FM3 than GT5, mainly because FM3 has features missing in GT5), and there's nothing PD can do with GT5 to change that. PD simply can't realistically add enough to GT5 to keep me from picking up FM4, and this will hold true for anyone else interested in FM4.

No update for GT5 can impact FM4 in the slightest. Anyone who likes Forza and wants FM4 will definitely get FM4, no matter what PD does for GT5. Period.

Really? Me getting Forza 4 will depend on exactly that, how much GT5 is holding my attention at that point. DLC or a major update will go a long way to keeping me from getting it. Forza 3 was just okay to me, mainly because I refuse to by a second wheel just for the xbox, and I won't buy 4 unless they do something amazing and I'm bored of GT5. So GT may affect my sale, period.
 
They are not competing with Forza. They have said it many times. Hopefully we will get some info at E3. I am sure they are working on something right now.

I agree. I just hope they'll give us some good info. I really hope it's not TT2. Kaz mentioned GT6 is already in development. If they're revealing TT2 then that means PD is developing two titles which slows down GT6's development.
 
Kaz would irritate me and not want me to buy another gt if they are just going to announce 6 so quickly. I can handle them announcing gt for the ngp. Possibly even it being gt5 for the ngp being able to use your gt5 account with it. Like what they are going to do for a few games for the psp. One they announced was monster hunters, you can use your save between your psp and ps3.
 
I don't care if Kaz announces GT6 or not. What I don't get is why you wouldn't want Kaz to release GT6 when GT5 was lacking.

If these so called "updates" you were hoping for, look again. When was the last time he actually gave us any sort of good updates worth even acknowledging? Sure, these tidbits of small improvement/enhancement are cool, but they should have polished the game before releasing it and give us actual GOOD updates. Like releasing some new tracks which I know they will do in the future. Key word, future. When? Hell, its been too damn long and there are no monthly cars either.

What ticks me off is this. Some guy in here said that the reason why they couldn't do open world racing is because its limited to the PS3. Guess what, Turn10 is doing it AND they know that you cannot cling to a perfect game forever. No one can do that.

It is like Duke Nukem all over again. You keep updating your hardware and what not to keep up with the best but eventually you will realize that technology isn't going to stop - so stop making it perfect because it didnt come out too well anyway.

./rant.
 
What ticks me off is this. Some guy in here said that the reason why they couldn't do open world racing is because its limited to the PS3. Guess what, Turn10 is doing it AND they know that you cannot cling to a perfect game forever. No one can do that.



./rant.

Firstly, Forza world is still just a rumor and speculation at this point. Secondly, the rumour points to another developer working on the game rather than Turn 10. Thirdly, one developers goal isn't necessarily the same as another, who knows what Kaz would want to implement into an open world game, and what others would add/take away to make it work.

Open world driving is already on PS3, it's called TDU. I'm sure Kaz's game would almost be totally different, even if it's the same concept. One thing you can be sure of is that Kaz's vision and final product would be distinctly different from anything before it. Don't be mad because Kaz said his vision won't work on the PS3, it's probably for the better.
 
There was nothing left for GTAIV and they made two dlcs for that which brought it back again. Big dlc can bring any game back if it adds to the gameplay. GT5 took over 5 years to make and yet there wasn't much in it. It would be stupid of them to just drop it now and leave it like its been going. Would make me think less of them and not expect the next GT to be as good as GT5 was supposedly suppose to be.

Not a very good comparison. There's so much more you can add to a game like GTA, GT5 not so much more than more cars and tracks and some updates. What, are you going to add a new storyline to GT5? And that game already is a bigger title than GT5, so whatever happens with that game millions will buy it anyway.

A GT5 Spec II would be expensive. If they make it free, they might damn well lose a lot of money, as barely anyone will buy the game again, if they make it DLC, same thing, not many people might bother buying "things that should be in the game already" and they will have loads of protest from fans, and lose a fanbase and money.

The most profitable thing to do now for Polyphony and Sony is to work on the NGP, and a new Gran Turismo on the NGP. Can you imagine how many people would buy the NGP because of GTPSP on it? I would. GTPSP already proved to be a success, even with all the poor reviews and all the things missing, and the odd graphics and glitches. The far superior NGP could easily iron out those problems and make a much better game, to launch with the NGP, there you go, you've got 5 million sales for the NGP and GTPSP2 at least already. And that money can go to the budget of GT6 for a release in 2012

This is a business here they're running. They aren't made to carry out your heart's desires.
 
Not a very good comparison. There's so much more you can add to a game like GTA, GT5 not so much more than more cars and tracks and some updates. What, are you going to add a new storyline to GT5? And that game already is a bigger title than GT5, so whatever happens with that game millions will buy it anyway.

A GT5 Spec II would be expensive. If they make it free, they might damn well lose a lot of money, as barely anyone will buy the game again, if they make it DLC, same thing, not many people might bother buying "things that should be in the game already" and they will have loads of protest from fans, and lose a fanbase and money.

The most profitable thing to do now for Polyphony and Sony is to work on the NGP, and a new Gran Turismo on the NGP. Can you imagine how many people would buy the NGP because of GTPSP on it? I would. GTPSP already proved to be a success, even with all the poor reviews and all the things missing, and the odd graphics and glitches. The far superior NGP could easily iron out those problems and make a much better game, to launch with the NGP, there you go, you've got 5 million sales for the NGP and GTPSP2 at least already. And that money can go to the budget of GT6 for a release in 2012

This is a business here they're running. They aren't made to carry out your heart's desires.

Very awesome statement!👍

I'm sure they used the money they've made from GT prologue and put into GT5. They're budget into GT5 was $60 million.
 
This is a business here they're running. They aren't made to carry out your heart's desires.

Hmmm, I think that could've been said back in the days of the first Gran Turismo, maybe 2. GT3 was a home run for the PS2, and 4 sold a ton as well.

After selling XXX millions of copies, I'm pretty sure PD is allowed a lot more time and patience than other developers, and the time between GT4 and GT5 shows exactly that.

We knew before the game came out that features had to be pulled (granted, at that time and even still now, we don't know the full scale or amount) because there wasn't enough room. Don't get started on the various other debates about how this game "wasn't finished", or the premium vs. standard debate, or flaws, etc. We bought the game anyway.

I'm pretty sure that with the money PD gets from sales and other business deals, they are "made to carry out your heart's desires". Gran Turismo Academy did it for Lucas et al.

Sadly, neither PD, nor anyone, can make everyone happy all of the time. Damned if they aren't trying though, which is more than I can say for most.
 
Back