Maybe SMS got puddles RIGHTPS4 

• Thread starter slthree
  • 93 comments
The one you agreed to ie abandoning the race then why would they implement into a career mode race as its totally undrivable due to the AI flying past every flooded corner or hitting you as your so slow. ?
I should have expanded. Yes they should implement it, with a fixed AI for wet conditions.

The times in the race were at very low speeds around 80 mph hardly above motorway speeds and on very slight corners,total snap sideways hitting a puddle..
As I said in my post (which you may have missed the edit), very different surfaces, power, torque and driver aids. I did forget to add in the likes of marbles, rubbering in, etc. all of which can have an effect and does make it quite different.

No I have not raced at 150 mph on a flooded track,as you have and have better experience then the physics must be correct...
I've not raced, but I have experienced it in a mix of road and race cars on race track s and proving grounds (and on the latter we set it to occur deliberately).

But we certainly will agree on disagreeing :) even if the patches that could be applied would improve the scenario for the player may not be up to pure sim as all would like..

But yes,AI speed is totally broken. just glad to stick to motorway speeds on the road ;)
No title is ever going to be perfect, but in this case its the AI that's causing the issues rather than a basic inaccuracy in the way the puddles are acting.

@Scaff I see your videos and I'll raise you...

I can't believe what I just saw (to quote the great Jack Buck).

I've never seen anything like that, although I haven't been watching racing long. It was just one car after another after another.

I guess this year's Rolex 24 Daytona was the worst I've ever seen it.

Thank you all for the videos because I'm in Las Vegas this week for work meetings and it's exactly what I needed to see for distraction.

This was hilarious! I don't know a lot about racing but I think formula 1 cars have the best grip of all cars don't they?

This was wild. If it didn't happen in a race you would think it was staged.

I think we can all agree that real racing is affected by puddles and SMS got it right in terms of how it affects us.

We are all just probably wanting to see the AI drivers have similar difficulties. I think it would be amazing to see four or five cars spin off the road with no contact, only from hitting a puddle.

But I reiterate that even though we're not keen on the AI behavior in the rain, the rain is tremendous and SMS should be applauded for giving us so much depth in a racing game

I raise you a carpark at Nurburgring.

I was at the Nurburgring in '07. I found it strange to see cars lose control without the driver making noticable mistakes or risks. I think Rosberg was the best example of that.

Quite remarkable experience seeing Hamilton in the gravel in front of you and seeing a Spyker car leading a F1 race.

Seeing as we're on the topic of rain, puddles & AI. I thought it'll be a good idea to run a car with no headlights or wipers @ Daytona, through the night in a thunderstorm. Stupidity at it's best.

My tyre's were giving up once the track dried up a bit, tried to keep them cool by running on the damp line, anyways I held on for 5th. Would've lost more places if I'd pitted for slicks though.

To be honest with you, what really made me buy Project Cars 2 and sold the game for me was the dynamic weather. One day I decided to test the demo and when I played with the Ferrari 488 GT3 and I noticed the water puddles forming and how they affected the drivability, that blew my mind!

I had never seen anything like it, especially the transitions from dry to wet and back to dry. That impressed me a lot! Of course after a while I was noticing some problems, like the AI not being affected or how some water puddles seemed exaggerated, but if there is anything I can say that made me discover this fantastic world of PC2 was the rain and its implications in the race.

To be honest with you, what really made me buy Project Cars 2 and sold the game for me was the dynamic weather. One day I decided to test the demo and when I played with the Ferrari 488 GT3 and I noticed the water puddles forming and how they affected the drivability, that blew my mind!

I had never seen anything like it, especially the transitions from dry to wet and back to dry. That impressed me a lot! Of course after a while I was noticing some problems, like the AI not being affected or how some water puddles seemed exaggerated, but if there is anything I can say that made me discover this fantastic world of PC2 was the rain and its implications in the race.
Totally agree with this,graphics look amazing even on a standard ps4 when going from light rain to sun and the drying line is fantastic,and agree with the puddles do look exaggerated would look realistic on a rally course,others have tested on real tracks and confer otherwise...

really enjoy the game for except for the occasional glitch like my video above doing a manufacturers race and being sent out in the snow and ice at Silverstone,when does that that ever happen ;)

LoL I remember when it came out and there was a lot of hate saying it looked like a ps2 game or worse than pc1 some people just didn't get it or take the time to notice the little things ;)
I tried the demo when it came out and it looked a horrible mess and deleted quickly,but updates fixed that,certainly turned it around...

Thanks cant see sheet ice with a full layer of snow that I was referring to in my video clip that was a manufacturers race was presented to me...

You asked for videos of that event. After literally seconds of searching YouTube (that you could also have done) I posted a link.

Not sure what the problem is here.

You asked for videos of that event. After literally seconds of searching YouTube (that you could also have done) I posted a link.

Not sure what the problem is here.
I mentioned previously a career race at Silverstone circuit that put you on track on sheet ice and a full covering of snow,l mentioned must be a glitch as no race would go ahead like that and I said when does that happen ?

Scaff mentioned a race did go ahead in sheet ice and a blanket of snow in 2016...

You linked the above and i appreciate your time but those conditions do not look like those in my clip above where a race would not go ahead...

I hope that clears it up...

I mentioned previously a career race at Silverstone circuit that put you on track on sheet ice and a full covering of snow,l mentioned must be a glitch as no race would go ahead like that and I said when does that happen ?

Scaff mentioned a race did go ahead in sheet ice and a blanket of snow in 2016...

You linked the above and i appreciate your time but those conditions do not look like those in my clip above where a race would not go ahead...

I hope that clears it up...
Slight correction, I said it snowed during an ELMS race at Silverstone in 2016. "sheet ice" and "blanket of snow" are terms you added after I supplied the link (to be exact the words "sheet" and "blanket" were added). I simply provided an example of when it had snowed at Silverstone, after that the weather forecast required got worse.

Slight correction, I said it snowed during an ELMS race at Silverstone in 2016. "sheet ice" and "blanket of snow" are terms you added after I supplied the link (to be exact the words "sheet" and "blanket" were added). I simply provided an example of when it had snowed at Silverstone, after that the weather forecast required got worse.
Thanks for your update....

Back