Mazda CX/MX range discussion

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by 05XR8, Aug 7, 2015.

1. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Of the Japanese manufacturers, Mazda makes some of the most stylish machines today. Judging on Post #39, that's amazing! I don't think I've ever disliked any of the CX Mazdas. Those are some lovely SUVs. This new CX-9 is no different. Loving this!

2. FT-1

FT-1

3. Anthony

Anthony

So basically its a slightly bigger CX-3 with 1st gen. Acura RDX taillights? Nothing special as far as powertrains go, either.

I'm sure it will be a good car but it just seems a bit unnecessary in Mazda's current lineup. Unless the new CX-5 gets significantly bigger.

4. YSSMAN

YSSMAN Premium

So, the CX-4 is based on the Mazda 3, then?

A friend of mine just bought a CX-5, and while I like it a good bit, it's just a bit too big for what I'd want if I were shopping for a CUV (without a doubt, however, its the best one to get in that class). And as much as I like the CX-3, there isn't as much room as I'd want for back seat passengers on a trip to Detroit or Chicago. So, in theory, the CX-4 should be the Goldilocks model, right? Good on Mazda for capitalizing on the market without having too make too strong of an investment.

5. townha99

townha99

Does anyone else see the F-Pace a bit in the CX-4? It still looks pretty nice from what I can see anyway.

6. mustafur

mustafur

The CX4 looks to be on identical dimensions to the Mazda 3 where the CX5 is slightly bigger and boxier.

7. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

Didn't realize they still made the CX-7 for other markets I presume? Looks like a brand new white one in the background...

8. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo Premium

Maybe its a 2015 CX-9?

9. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

It's weird. CX-4 is the same size as the Mazda 3 and the CX-3 (8 inches smaller) is the same size as.... nothing. It's smaller than a 3 and bigger than a 2. CX-2.5?

10. RocZX

RocZX Premium

More spy pics of CX-4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VXR likes this.
  11. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

Roof looks pretty low.

12. titleguy1

titleguy1

That looks really, really good. If it comes out soon I might try to convince my parents to get that instead of a Mazda 6. :p

13. Danoff

Danoff Premium

Macan back with a Mazda 6 front.

Omnis likes this.
  14. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Don't. There are, if any, few cars that look as good as the current Mazda 6. It is a stunning vehicle in dark grey.

15. titleguy1

titleguy1

You bring up fair points. If the CX-4 comes with the Turbo engine from the CX-9, though, I will still stand by my point since my parents want a hatchback but can't find anything large enough because 'Murica. I will admit the 6 looks like a stunner though, but the CX-4 hasn't been revealed in the full yet, so we'll have to find out.

16. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Looks very nice but it looks like oversaturation if sold in America.

17. 1241Penguin

1241Penguin Premium

So where exactly would the CX-4 slot in?

GTboyz likes this.
  18. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

I'm thinking it would be like how Toyota made the Venza.

19. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

Looks too small to be a Venza class car.

20. mustafur

mustafur

My bet is its only a bit smaller then the CX-5 and still quite a bit bigger then the CX-3.

You can tell it's basically just a Mazda 3 but lifted, it would be using the same wheel base as the CX-5 likely as well.

Think of it as a Subaru Outback but for the Mazda 3.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

I see it more like the Subaru XV to the Impreza. It's a slightly higher 3 that is bigger than the CX-3, lower than the CX-5. Hopefully, the 2.5T makes it in a top of the line Akera model. Mazda would do well to make this an urban professional/young couple on the go, low-slung SUV.

22. Grandea GTR

Grandea GTR

I'm seeing it as Outback-sized.

23. 05XR8

05XR8

The Outback is M6 wagon size but lower. Maybe height but the CX-4 would be shorter.

A CX-5 is 300mm shorter than an Outback. If it's slotting between the CX-5 and CX-3, I cant see it being that big.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  24. mustafur

mustafur

It's basically what I meant, just a lifted model of the normal with minimal changes unlike the CX-5, maybe it could be the replacement for it even.

25. Keef

Keef Premium

Looks like a lifted 3 hatch. The reason they're doing this is probably because Americans are buying taller everything more than ever. Hell, Chrysler has already made a statement saying they're going to let the 200 die off and that thing isn't exactly low to the ground. I have to imagine Mazda is preparing to see which one sells more, the 3 hatch or the CX-4.

26. 05XR8

05XR8

The CX-4 definitely appears more upscale than a similar 3 on the outside. An Akera CX-3 with the bone interior, looks more upscale than an SP25 GT. So, that CX-4 bone interior pic looks to seal that deal as well. (I guess the CX-4 should get ita own thread)

27. FT-1

FT-1

The original post was about the Koeru/CX-4 concept and then the CX-9 came along. Maybe it should be renamed to Mazda CX Range Discussion?

05XR8 likes this.
  28. 05XR8

05XR8

That could work. Updated.

FT-1 likes this.
  29. mustafur

mustafur

Isn't the Astina the top Mazda 3 model, from my experience it makes the CX-3 look Poverty Spec mainly due to increased interior size and width but also with better sound system and the Twin Turbo diesel, I know the Akera gets the leather Dash as well.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

The Astina looks more flash in diesel form. The Akera CX-3, I feel, has the better looking interior in bone than the 3 in beige.
    I've driven the diesel 3 around for a bit and had an SP25GT as a work car. The 2/CX-3 dash looks fresh and more high-end than the 3.

The new look of the CX-9/CX-4, with that brown color, is going to change the game their classes. The 3 is going to need a refresh soon.

One thing I noticed when trying out the CX-3. It has the best front seats(supremely more comfortable) of all the Mazdas. For 2016, I see the seats in the 3 have changed to those from the CX-3.