Mazda Miata Owner's Club [MMOC] - Tuning Guide

• Thread starter MX5Racer69
  • 36 comments
I got some good news and bad news, good news is I have a ton of data from drivers running Miata’s from tracks spanning across the states the bad news is I’m not very sure if GT6 will be able to read the GPS data. I've been researching the different GPS data software that can log true points and I really couldn't find any difference between besides the way the collect data. I'm really hopping that the data I have is able to transfer correctly. If not I must find the software to convert the data for you. I'll keep you guys updated on what I find.

What track is the benchmark for Miata tuning? Seems like we all should standardize to one to see how well the tunes perform. Probably something short and twisty....

MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

12014221266_7116aa0eae_o.jpg

**Note: This tune and all timings were taken using the Spec Miata Series car setup defined here:

GTP Spec Miata Series Car Requirements

Lap Times:
  • Cape Ring Inside: 1:00.2
  • Nuburgring GP/D: 1:47.6
Tune

Tires: Sports Hard

Suspension:
  • Ride Height: 93F 95R
  • Spring Rate: 6.75F 7.25R
  • Dampers(Compression): 7F 7R
  • Dampers(Extension): 7F 7R
  • Ant-Roll Bars: 6F 6R
  • Camber Angle: 0.3F 0.1R
  • Toe Angle: 0F 0R
  • Brake Balance: 5F 7R
Transmission: 5-Speed

Drivetrain: LSD Default Settings (10-40-20)

Power: 157HP, 390PP

Body: 940kg, Ballast 119kg, Position: 35

Last edited:
Can I get your input on a tune? I based it off of real life spring rates (FM Vmaxx Track) and FM's recommended alignment settings. I think it understeers a tad, but maybe the shock settings need to be adjusted. I couldn't find real life settings for those, so I just set them all the same. This is for the NA Miata, bolt on modifications with no engine tunes or forced induction.

Ride Height: 92/95
Spring Rate: 9.00 / 6.00
Compression: 4/4
Extension: 4/4
Sway Bars: 4/3
Camber: 1.0 / 1.5
Toe: .15/.15

Adjustable LSD: Stock settings

@R1600Turbo - sorry, meant to reply to this earlier. Yeah, my tune reverses the spring rate above to add more oversteer to help rotate the car. So I think this tune might understeer more than I like. But I'll give it a shot and get some lap times, maybe after the race today. Thanks for posting it. I have linked to it in the OP. I'd also like to recreate the famous 949Racing tunes as well.

Back