Mazda Miatas With Hidden Stripes

They were experimenting with this in GT5, purchases the premium Ford GT without a stripe and paint it. It was an early experiment so it's not perfected. I have several rare Ford GT's. The stripe it self is no different than that found on the factory striped ones but, with a little patients you can find alternate stripe colors. For instance, I have a white GT with black stripes (Factory is blue), A red one with black stripes (Factory and common is white) and a blue one with black stripes (Factory and common is white).

There is one thing about this that is annoying. I bought the GTS Viper last night with the racing stripes (the blue one). I painted it red thinking it would keep the white stripes but it changed the stripes to black. Don't get me wrong, it still looks great. But I was hoping for the red car with white stripes.

PD could do this to the skylines r32, r33, r34 and to the s2000 and nsx (especially for the nsx type r'92) and finally the audi tt 1.8 quattro

There is one thing about this that is annoying. I bought the GTS Viper last night with the racing stripes (the blue one). I painted it red thinking it would keep the white stripes but it changed the stripes to black. Don't get me wrong, it still looks great. But I was hoping for the red car with white stripes.
It has to be a dark enough color to have white stripes unfortunately.

It has to be a dark enough color to have white stripes unfortunately.
Maybe, I've had stripes on the Miata Touring Car in GT5 change from black to white depending on the color shade, not necessarily the darkness. Try a few different shades of red and see if it changes to white. 👍

PD could do this to the skylines r32, r33, r34 and to the s2000 and nsx (especially for the nsx type r'92) and finally the audi tt 1.8 quattro

I've all ready tested this on the 99 R-34 V-Spec, was a no go on that particular model.

11315111064_269bea3d0b_z.jpg

I like that PD did this, hopefully we can find more.​

I've done the rest. I'm pretty sure every single MX-5 and MX-5 Miata is now accounted for. With 14 different stripes to choose from i'm pretty happy. Hopefully PD brings this idea to other cars.

MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
View attachment 87453
MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
View attachment 87452
MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
View attachment 87450
MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91
View attachment 87451
MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
View attachment 87456
MX-5 Miata VR Limited (NA, J) '95
View attachment 87457
Rear photo
MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
View attachment 87459
MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
View attachment 87460
And my 500pp favourite :)... Exactly same as in the op. It's a shame there's no full length chequered flag version :(
View attachment 87454

I've tried 3 different Eunos Roadsters and none of them produced any hidden liveries. I'm gonna say that this is possible with the MX5 and Miata only.

They are all Japanese versions!!! Kaz!!!!

Just paint it the same color again, and the stripes should change colors :)

I still can't believe, PD managed to make the standard Miata more PREMIUM than the actual Premium Miata. How did they do that?

2002 V-Spec II Nür is full premium...👍

I love my R34's but I felt the interior model, damage model, aftermarket parts were all lacking in comparison to the 88 Lamborghini (Standard in GT5 but premium in 6). Not full premium quality in my opinion, I'm a bit disappointed with it...but that's off topic.

Suddenly I'm reminded, in GT5 the Chevrolet Corvette had a paint blue with silver and red stripes that did come with a useable chip, I was bummed when I sprayed it over one of my R-34's and didn't get any stripes. There are more paints that have "with [insert color here] stripe" in the name, I wonder if the hidden stripes would be influenced by whatever stripe color is mentioned in the paint name provided we get the stripe color in the chip again like we did with that corvette blue.

I think he meant the M-Spec version, which is standard. The V-Spec is the premium one.

No, he was correct, I meant the 02 V-spec Nur. I'm just too disappointed with it to acknowledge it to be premium. Ask any Tuna about Ronin's R-34's, suffice it to say they can confirm that I know my R34 GTR's.

Back