Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Will Come to Gran Turismo Sport May 25

If they could cut the crap and include one of these that'd be great

4915_Mazda-RX-7-IMSA-GTU-640x426.jpg

thanks

I LOVE the RX-Vision, it is completely DRIVER FOCUSED, a real DRIVERS CAR, just look at how spartan the INTERIOR is! There are barely any buttons, no screens, switches, knobs ect. And what I love most is the H-PATTERN MANUAL STICK-SHIFT in this ultra modern car, Mazda are keeping the future promising for those who LOVE RAW DRIVING. Also the STEERING WHEEL looks very eargonimic for the 9:3 grip position.

The interior is often overlooked on this car, and is probably the most importamt aspect, it tells you eveeything how classic the driving style will be, reminiscent to the RX7.
1153125_rx-vision-concept_2016_02.jpg

Lovely looking car. Looks nice with a wing on the back too.

I think like Toyota, Mazda cars may be getting a 'boost' in game. ;) Embarrassing if one of 'their partner's' doesn't get to these live events in the future. ;)

Pretty sure they are actually working on a production model of this car, with all the patents they have applied for with similar aspects.

Well, one week before the next FIA Season begins. Going to be close, if it's coming between now til then.

Wonder if we got it in the last update. Just hasn't been activated yet...
If someone smarter than me can check for codes, that'd be sweet.

Oof. How wrong would it be, if it's only usable to those that choose Mazda?

How wrong would it be, if it's only usable to those that choose Mazda?

I drive for Mazda currently. Of course, I signed before the February update, so no RX-Vision for me regardless. However, if a car is in the game's code, it should show up as a filter in Discover when looking for liveries; the AE86 showed up there even before the official reveal some updates back. So far I haven't seen any RX-Vision there, either.

Personally, the Atenza is a fine car in Gr. 3. If anything, Mazda needs a firm kick in the nuts in the Gr. 4 category; the Gr. 4 Atenza is ABYSMAL both in terms of straight line speed and longevity. It was completely untouched in the latest BoP changes that shook up Gr. 4. The front tyre wear on it is markedly worse than other AWD sedans in the class, namely the Evo and WRX, and is second only to the GT-R. The GT-R at least had the straight line speed; the Atenza barely has anything. It drives well, but that's about it. Mazda I would go as far as to say is akin to the manufacturers that only have an FF car in Gr. 4; choosing it halves your chances at a good season result.

tl;dr: I hope we get a RX-Vision GT4 along with the GT3.

I drive for Mazda currently. Of course, I signed before the February update, so no RX-Vision for me regardless. However, if a car is in the game's code, it should show up as a filter in Discover when looking for liveries; the AE86 showed up there even before the official reveal some updates back. So far I haven't seen any RX-Vision there, either.

Personally, the Atenza is a fine car in Gr. 3. If anything, Mazda needs a firm kick in the nuts in the Gr. 4 category; the Gr. 4 Atenza is ABYSMAL both in terms of straight line speed and longevity. It was completely untouched in the latest BoP changes that shook up Gr. 4. The front tyre wear on it is markedly worse than other AWD sedans in the class, namely the Evo and WRX, and is second only to the GT-R. The GT-R at least had the straight line speed; the Atenza barely has anything. It drives well, but that's about it. Mazda I would go as far as to say is akin to the manufacturers that only have an FF car in Gr. 4; choosing it halves your chances at a good season result.

tl;dr: I hope we get a RX-Vision GT4 along with the GT3.
Thought we can change when the season starts. This is only pre-season.

The RX-7 TC is too light (975 kg) to be Gr3 and too powerful (482 hp) to be Gr4. I don't think PD would make such drastic changes to its performance so it would probably be put into N class like the Roadster TC, which is yucky but I would love to have it back just in general. The RX-7 LM Race Car would be more fitting to be in Gr3 though (525 hp, 1080 kg). The DBR9 was BOPd from about that weight so it's not too much of a stretch.

Clock is ticking...

We've got Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, but if players are choosing manufacturers now, they are going to miss out when this car debuts.
Haven't even seen a hint on twitter or Facebook.

Being locked in for 20/40 GR.3 Manu races, is not going to sit well with many. On the flip, anyone looking to use the Aston Martin DB9R, has that option.

Clock is ticking...

We've got Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Has there been any word on when the next season starts? I'm thinking PD probably won't do another mid month update. In fact, I'm sort of expecting an update every two months or so now, seeing that Kaz is scaling down support for this game in 2020.

I really hope the RX-Vision, in whichever guise it comes to us with, comes with a fully rendered interior. It drives me unbelievably mad when cars in this generation of gaming don't come with an interior or a cockpit view (see: S-FR).

The proportions of the car itself worries me as well... it has "RX" in the name, but the hood looks long enough to comfortably house a V12 engine. And IF it is a Rotary, I would really love to see the fuel consumption of the thing, and how it compares to the rest of the class.

Has there been any word on when the next season starts? I'm thinking PD probably won't do another mid month update. In fact, I'm sort of expecting an update every two months or so now, seeing that Kaz is scaling down support for this game in 2020.

I really hope the RX-Vision, in whichever guise it comes to us with, comes with a fully rendered interior. It drives me unbelievably mad when cars in this generation of gaming don't come with an interior or a cockpit view (see: S-FR).

The proportions of the car itself worries me as well... it has "RX" in the name, but the hood looks long enough to comfortably house a V12 engine. And IF it is a Rotary, I would really love to see the fuel consumption of the thing, and how it compares to the rest of the class.

Season starts this Tuesday March 17th:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/fia_championships/2020/

RX is always Rotary.

So many sporting events in the world are being cancelled or postponed due to coronavirus and I think PD are about to do the same thing. Second world tour for 2020 is looking UNLIKELY fellas. They're probably already making changes to the championship structure, dates for upcoming rounds and world tours for this season.

So many sporting events in the world are being cancelled or postponed due to coronavirus and I think PD are about to do the same thing. Second world tour for 2020 is looking UNLIKELY fellas. They're probably already making changes to the championship structure, dates for upcoming rounds and world tours for this season.
Guess they'd have the players race from home. I dunno.

Idk... When I was at the New York event it didn't look like 500 people in the crowd but with personell included maybe?

Will be a slap to the race if this car isn't ready at end of this 2019/2020 pre-season.
Even if its performance is exactly the same as the Atenza. However, Mazda say RX-V 48:52 weight distribution (different from their staple 50:50 for their sports cars) is ideal for this car, guess it would balance out tyre wear. Though the Atenza also has good tyre wear.

I'd just like to use it because it's an "official" virtual "GT3" car BY Mazda. Fits in with the other GT3 coupe regulations.

Idk... When I was at the New York event it didn't look like 500 people in the crowd but with personell included maybe?
Consider for a moment how the various travel bans would affect getting Polyphony Digital staff and the drivers out of their home country and to the same place for a WT event. Germany wouldn't necessarily be that bad, but if the current quarantines and bans hold through May you'd not be able to have Mangano, Maraglino, Lopez, Rodriguez, Solis, Pounder or Felix, and possibly Wong or Chou, depending on what's currently applying to Hong Kong and Taiwan. If there's an event in the USA, there's no Europeans at it at all right now.

Also now imagine Sony's risk assessment for sending 52-year old smoker, and Sony VP, Yamauchi into a COVID hot zone, to give the prizes, and what the lawyers would say to that.

Events aren't being cancelled for the safety of the crowds, but the people who run and participate in them.

Back