Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Will Come to Gran Turismo Sport May 25

It'll be a wonder how this works with points accrued.

Atenza dimensions:

L 5,080mm(RX-V 4590)[AMG GT3 4569]{C7 GR.3 4779}
W 2,050mm(2075)[2049]{2050}
H. 1,380mm(1120)[1250]{1161}
567 BHP(562)[613]{551}
1,280 kg(1250)[1325]{1300}

I'll give it similar speed as Atenza with maybe sharper handling and stability. Really cool how short it'll be under Atenza.

Viper isn't far off either

L 4540mm
W 2068mm
H 1160mm
678 BHP
1290 kg

Got a better look at the new photos of the Mazda on a laptop.

The car shown is not even a finished model judging how "rough" looking it is compared to the more polished work PD does when a update drops.

Really like they cleaned up aero bits compared to the initial sketch of the car from last year.

It's has to come with a rotary
First revealed at last year’s World Finals in Monaco, this GT3 Class racer is based on the 'RX-Vision' rotary sports car concept that was announced at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. The RX-Vision features a rotary engine at the heart of its FR layout and is a sports car that encompasses Mazda’s 'Kodo' ('Soul of Motion') design philosophy. The Gr.3 'Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept' continues the legacy of Mazda’s legendary rotary engine sports cars

Love how people are already salty because "NO INTERIOR, FAIL" on a car that in two months will be finished.

One of the very few VGTs that I'd actually be interested in. Looks great (and in a useable category)

Its not a Vision GT. Its literally a GT3 version of the RX-Vision concept , which was not even a Vision GT car to begin with.

Speed-wise, I predict that it will be on par with the Supra's, knowing how fast the LM55 Gr.1 even under BoP.

Rotaries do tend to thrive on top end speeds.

Love how people are already salty because "NO INTERIOR, FAIL" on a car that in two months will be finished.

Its not a Vision GT. Its literally a GT3 version of the RX-Vision concept , which was not even a Vision GT car to begin with.
Its name just sounds misleading into making people think it's otherwise, where it really isn't.

Speed-wise, I predict that it will be on par with the Supra's, knowing how fast the LM55 Gr.1 even under BoP.

Rotaries do tend to thrive on top end speeds.
It's lighter than the Atenza Gr. 3 that we have, but has a five horsepower deficit. But nonetheless, its sharp aerodynamics would definitely allow for a higher top speed.

I was going to rant about how bad the timing of the announcement and manu re-selection is, but with the current season cancelled it's all for nought anyways :lol: Between this, round 1 cancellation and penalty hotfix it's been one of the most shambolic weeks for PD. C'mon Kaz, it's the third year running. Planning should be a LOT better than this.

It's weird how they will release this car in the middle of round 2. Kaz' wording is confusing as well. Do Mazda players get the new car for free and others will have to buy it? Do their Atenza gets automatically replaced by the RXV for round 3 or do they get to choose? What if they prefer driving the Atenza after trying it out for one round, can they swap back to the Atenza for round 4? In the interest of fairness, I think everyone should be able to swap Manu one last time between round 2 & 3.

Also, Mazda went from being literal backmarkers to comfortably a top 10 manu now. Just goes to show that the drivers matter more than the car (though admittedly, we haven't had a Gr.4 race yet, but I doubt it will change things much).

Hypothetically, I wonder what happens if Mazda and Toyota don't stay in top 12? Do we get 14 manufacturers competing in WT?

Hypothetically, I wonder what happens if Mazda and Toyota don't stay in top 12? Do we get 14 manufacturers competing in WT?
There are some manufacturers that are 'favoured' with BoP from the start, and as time has gone on with subsequent changes over time, so I doubt that would happen. :rolleyes: ;)

I was going to rant about how bad the timing of the announcement and manu re-selection is, but with the current season cancelled it's all for nought anyways :lol: Between this, round 1 cancellation and penalty hotfix it's been one of the most shambolic weeks for PD. C'mon Kaz, it's the third year running. Planning should be a LOT better than this.

It's weird how they will release this car in the middle of round 2. Kaz' wording is confusing as well. Do Mazda players get the new car for free and others will have to buy it? Do their Atenza gets automatically replaced by the RXV for round 3 or do they get to choose? What if they prefer driving the Atenza after trying it out for one round, can they swap back to the Atenza for round 4? In the interest of fairness, I think everyone should be able to swap Manu one last time between round 2 & 3.

Also, Mazda went from being literal backmarkers to comfortably a top 10 manu now. Just goes to show that the drivers matter more than the car (though admittedly, we haven't had a Gr.4 race yet, but I doubt it will change things much).

You're not kidding. I did not expect that win in the first race. Plus, I say other Mazda's get wins. Pretty funny after that announcement.

Fast players can show the full potential of a car. So, maybe fast players are doing just that(now they need to do the same for the GR.4 Supra.. ahem.).

What were we dicussing?... Right, right. It's the same if Someone is using Porsche, switches to Subaru and wants to switch back to Porsche. I don't know how the points system will work.

I wouldnt take any specs seriously except dimensions because all they have is a clay model right?

They havent even published a driveline have they?

I remember back to the Vision GT Infiniti car where they bounced from some kind of hybrid engine to a 4.5 v8 at 1,680kg but really what does it matter? The car only exists as a vinyl wrap covered clay buck and any kind of drivetrain is all conjecture.

Let's put it like this... going from a standard FR layout where the gearbox is between the pasengers to a rear tranaxle could change the handling.

Proposed weight distribution, does give some idea of handling and potential tyre wear. Of course we have to wait for final specs, but speculating until that time, is all we have.

The design of the RX-VISION and in GT3 spec, seems like it may handle similar to the AMG GT & SLS GT3s. Maybe even like the Peugeot VGT GT3.

Even if there's no interior, I'd hope that it and the other cars without them (like the Mercedes VGT) would get them in the next game. I think that's more likely than seeing those cars gain interiors in a GT Sport update. Hopefully they can ask Toyota to model an interior for the S-FR Racing Concept, too.

Even if there's no interior, I'd hope that it and the other cars without them (like the Mercedes VGT) would get them in the next game. I think that's more likely than seeing those cars gain interiors in a GT Sport update. Hopefully they can ask Toyota to model an interior for the S-FR Racing Concept, too.
PD could have done what they did for GTPSP and GT6. Just use the black interior like they did in GTPSP and GT6.
Would make a world of difference, even if it was a bit annoying.
images (47).jpeg

I think there's a shopping list of things that PD dont want a return of and generic blacked out dashboards is one of them.

Further I believe the above black dash is tied to the std. ps2 era models so that puts paid to any thought that they will come back.

Full detailed dash is good.

Full screen no interior ala Peugeot VGT GT3 is acceptable/not a huge eyesore.

Black generic dash is something you just cannot explain/justify at all in 2020.

This is from someone who likes the legibility of the generic dash.

I think there's a shopping list of things that PD dont want a return of and generic blacked out dashboards is one of them.

Further I believe the above black dash is tied to the std. ps2 era models so that puts paid to any thought that they will come back.

Full detailed dash is good.

Full screen no interior ala Peugeot VGT GT3 is acceptable/not a huge eyesore.

Black generic dash is something you just cannot explain/justify at all in 2020.

This is from someone who likes the legibility of the generic dash.
It's just as an example. Grid Auto Sport? I think that one had a "blurry" not highly detailed dash. It was good enough to keep the immersion of cockpit view.

I'd prefer to have a choice, than what we have right now.

Yeah I wouldnt mind that, even on the new GT4 A90 Supra.

A generic race car dash that is sort of greyed out, you probably dont even need a working tach, Just use the generic overlay.

I still don't get why, if PD had early access to the Supra road and most likely race car, plus the GT4 concept car, they couldn't/didn't at least place a roll cage in the GR.4 version.

Anyway, it'll be interesting if Mazda choose the GR.3 Atenza instrumentation over the RX-VISION dash. I hope not, but PDLogic™ is always in effect mode.

If he said 52:48, it's probably front/rear. It's an FR vehicle, any other way would make no sense at all.
At the reveal, the RX-VISION was said to have 48:52. A Shelby COBRA has a 48:52 weight distribution.

As I posted some specs above, the RX-VISION is slightly longer than the AMG GT3(which also has a long front but a 50:50 weight distribution) and shorter than the C7 GR.3. most of the RX-VISION looks to be towards the rear of the car. Setting that possible rotary engine as far back behind the front axle, could also help achieve a 48:52.

At the reveal, the RX-VISION was said to have 48:52. A Shelby COBRA has a 48:52 weight distribution.

As I posted some specs above, the RX-VISION is slightly longer than the AMG GT3(which also has a long front but a 50:50 weight distribution) and shorter than the C7 GR.3. most of the RX-VISION looks to be towards the rear of the car. Setting that possible rotary engine as far back behind the front axle, could also help achieve a 48:52.

It probably doesn't matter what the right number is. It's a fictional car and whatever PD chose to program into the physics engine, that's what it will have. On that note, I miss having the weight distribution info in the car specs in GTS. In GT6 it's really helpful to get a ballpark spring rate and camber values when tuning. Now I just have to estimate based on the car's shape and drivetrain but who knows if I'm right.

Interesting fact, the Lexus LFA also has a F48:R52 weight distribution despite being front engined ;)

Looking at the GR.3 cars list, it's interesting Mazda chose to label their car with the GT3 designation. It's the only fictional car, in this game, with that label.

Although it's a concept, it is based on a real car. How did Mazda come by labelling it a GT3? I mean, it's fictional. Label it "Mazda RX-VISION GR.3". Could they be gauging a comeback to real GT/Touring car racing?

It's a bit different to the NSX GR.3. The real NSX GT3 debuted before GT Sport was released, but I believe a bit after the GT Sport beta testing(I'd have to look it up).

There are a couple GT4 cars that are homologated to race, but no road version. Like the Sin R1, X-Bow GT4.
Also, in the case of the Supra race cars, the GT300 GreenBrave Supra, is the only GT(3) competition Supra in the world. So, for Mazda to revisit GT/Touring Car racing, in memory of the RE Amemiya GT300 cars, is possible from this game model.

Looking at the GR.3 cars list, it's interesting Mazda chose to label their car with the GT3 designation. It's the only fictional car, in this game, with that label.

Although it's a concept, it is based on a real car. How did Mazda come by labelling it a GT3? I mean, it's fictional. Label it "Mazda RX-VISION GR.3".
Your answer is in who named it - and who created it.

All the PD-created fictional Gr.3 cars are Gr.3 cars, because they fit into its fictional Gr.3 class. Mazda created and named this one - and although it's specifically for GT Sport's fictional Gr.3 class, it's based on the real GT3 class.

In any case, GT3 is the more recognisable term - which means that the car gets more coverage beyond the gaming sphere.

I agr
If there's one thing this game doesn't need more of, its Group 3 cars.
I agree, but GT3 is massive. As much as I love GT4, I can't see us getting as many added Gr.4 cars, as the amount of GR.3 cars we have.
To add, looks like TCR is more popular than GT4. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see how the race car line up plays out, in the next game.

Still weird to see this May 25 date. Are PD going to hold off GR.3 events until then? Doesn't make sense for players to gain good points and switch, just to start from zero again.

Back