Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Will Come to Gran Turismo Sport May 25

Considering a lot of people are stuck at home, player numbers may likely increase.
That's a valid point. People may well we'll go back to it being isolated. I for one have just run its course with the game and have no more joy playing it. I'm on to doing other stuff now.

ETTZTjhUYAQCf1P.jpg-large-1200x675.jpg

I think I'm in love :drool:

Sure, it's looking promising, and needs a few finishing touches. To what extent, I don't know. I can tell there are certain aspects that need fine tuning. I thought it would definitely have a goose neck spoiler. Well we'll just have to wait and see the in the final package.

There will definitely be an interior, PD know better than that by now. I do hope the steering wheel is quite dramatic. :D

Was expecting it to look slightly smaller, but the article does say it is based on the 2015 version and not the later renders (which look exquisite btw)

What do you all think it will handle like?

I was thinking it's handling would be up there with the best. R8, FT-1, Mazda 6 etc. A light weight with excellent stability and fair tire wear, good friendly rotary torque delivery,(not nervous or suffering on rising gradients) not as potent as the muscle cars but definitely there. Top speed a bit better than the mazda 6.

Perhaps then a technical circuit monster with a beautiful racing rotary soundtrack.

Only speculating of course, could be the exact opposite!:dunce:

Makes you wonder how many people will have abandoned the game by then, especially if that happens to be the next update. The decrease in updates and general penalty issues are definitely making me turn elsewhere nowadays.

I think you need to get a grip if this is where your thought process goes over an unconfirmed rumour of ONE car having no interior...

I think you need to get a grip if this is where your thought process goes over an unconfirmed rumour of ONE car having no interior...
Excuse me? Are we not allowed to make a valid point anymore, or are you just going to insult us?

If its GT3 then its ok. But Gr.X who cares?

Also yeah... one car no matter how good in MAY isnt going to make that many waves. Evidence? remember the two Audi vision cars? Once released barely a blip since.

Well, if it takes six months to make a car, the announcement was November 23, 2019. The article Gran Turismo article, states the car was being modelled a"as we speak".

Maybe the car was started in September, to be ready for this month. However, it's not looking good for the first race in two days. I doubt it'll just pop up when people enter Mazda Brand Central.
:lol: So, PD literally just made that sketch in November and May will be exactly six months from that announcement. :lol:👍

Guess I'll sign with Mazda today.

Interesting they've chosen Michelin branding. Most of the Mazda race cars, in game, use Dunlops. Even the GR.4 Atenza has Dunlop stickers.
Switched my Daily Race GR.3 Atenza to Pirellis to match real world GT3 Pirelli shod cars.

Cool that it's Seoul/Soul Red and the aero not as dramatic as the sketch.
Anyway, best thing about this announcement, no need to keep restarting my game to switch Manufacturers in a season. :cheers:

Get your decals ready

Attachments

• images (10).jpeg
    images (10).jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 25
  • images (9).jpeg
    images (9).jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 23
  • images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
  • images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 24
  • images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 24
  • images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 24
:lol: So, PD literally just made that sketch in November and May will be exactly six months from that announcement. :lol:👍

Interesting they've chosen Michelin branding. Most of the Mazda race cars, in game, use Dunlops. Even the GR.4 Atenza has Dunlop stickers.
Switched my Daily Race GR.3 Atenza to Pirellis to match real world GT3 Pirelli shod cars.

Cool that it's Seoul/Soul Red and the aero not as dramatic as the sketch.
Anyway, best thing about this announcement, no need to keep restarting my game to switch Manufacturers in a season. :cheers:

Get your decals ready
I believe the gr.3 uses Continental tyres as well

One thing I just remembered and double checked on the sport website, the Lambo VGT is due to release Spring 2020
which would tie in with the month of May so could PD be planning to give us both the Mazda and the Lambo in the same
update?

Honestly this is infuriating.

Why wasn't this announced last week before everyone chose their manufacturer?

Not so much because of the car, but because now Mazda has a free World Tour spot (having never qualified on merit before).

Honestly this is infuriating.

Why wasn't this announced last week before everyone chose their manufacturer?

Not so much because of the car, but because now Mazda has a free World Tour spot (having never qualified on merit before).
You can now change your manufacturer.

You can now change your manufacturer.

I don't see that in the official announcement?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_5262138.html

Be that as it may, most top drivers would already have picked a team based on whoever else has chosen it (to nail a WT invite), and put in hours of practice for round 1.

Springing this announcement (regarding qualification) less than 24 hours before race start is not what should be happening for a professionally run series, in my opinion.

I don't see that in the official announcement?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/news/00_5262138.html

Be that as it may, most top drivers would already have picked a team based on whoever else has chosen it (to nail a WT invite), and put in hours of practice for round 1.

Springing this announcement (regarding qualification) less than 24 hours before race start is not what should be happening for a professionally run series, in my opinion.
Following this announcement, it is now possible for players to change their manufacturer affiliation contract. Players who have already chosen their affiliated manufacturer for the 2020 Series will also be given another chance to contract with their preferred manufacturer.

I agree that it shouldn't have been announced in November saying it's coming for the 220 FIA season. As I posted in that FIA reveal, Mazda and PD could have mistranslated to the audience what that meant. Being that it'll come later, as opposed to the START of the FIA season.
Even though Maeda did say, "before that", "that" meaning the start of the FIA Season? Guess not.

I get what you mean excluding the car itself and what this new partnership has done to those, that prepared before this news.

Regarding the interior, I'm not put off if it doesn't have one. I do prefer cockpit view, but it's not a deal breaker. The S-FR Racing Concept doesn't have one. Yet, the road going concept car does. Same with the "road going" RX-Vision. That car does have an interior. We'll see.

Okay, this is interesting

Translates to "It is necessary to purchase RX-VISION GT3". So, is this the way PD get around it for those that have already signed with Mazda?
See? Again with the translations. If we can switch Manufacturers, someone switches from Porsche can just sign to MAZDA or do they have to buy the car? Or do only current Mazda users have to only purchase the RX-VISION?

They're really leaving us to piece together the situation from different sources aren't they.

So as I understand it, anyone who's picked their manufacturer now can change it if they want.

If you pick Mazda you have to pick the Gr. 3 Atenza (obviously).
When the RX-VISION is added at the end of May anyone signed up to Mazda has to buy it, and you can then use it in the Manufacturers Series.

Thats how I understand it. I might be wrong. It would be good to get clarity on if we can change Manufacturer after the season has started as that's not really clear.

What a beauty,it has also rotative engine so sure it will have amazing sound :D. Surely my choice in the next round will be Mazda
Weird time to offer the car. May 25 is between Stage 2/Rounds 17 & 18(May 17 & 31). This means players only get to use/learn the car for three rounds.

If some players haven't done well in the seven races before, if they don't come to grips with the new car, may have been best to wait for Stage 3/Round 21(June 17).

• It was Mazda who did that "sketch", or "render" to use the proper term, there's probably hundreds of other renders that they went through that won't see the light of day because that's how a design process works = it's a process of elimination in most cases.
  • Michelin is not only Gran Turismo's tyre tech partner, but they were also supplying the Joest Mazda team in IMSA and if you look at the new TCR car press shots = Michelin tyres, so you shouldn't really be surprised.

• It was Mazda who did that "sketch", or "render" to use the proper term, there's probably hundreds of other renders that they went through that won't see the light of day because that's how a design process works = it's a process of elimination in most cases.
  • Michelin is not only Gran Turismo's tyre tech partner, but they were also supplying the Joest Mazda team in IMSA and if you look at the new TCR car press shots = Michelin tyres, so you shouldn't really be surprised.
I figured that out, by thinking back to those reveals. Just didn't edit my post. All good.

So no new update or March???
It’s probably safe to say no March update judging by Kazunori’s comment on last month’s teaser but I can be wrong. If May 25th is the next content update, we might only see the Mazda RX-Vision or possibly see other vehicles included as well. The Jaguar VGT was teased on it’s own well in advance but came with other vehicles in an update.

• Michelin is but they were also supplying the Joest Mazda team in IMSA and if you look at the new TCR car press shots = Michelin tyres, so you shouldn't really be surprised.

To be clear though, in the IMSA series Michelin is the title tire sponsor. Everybody has to run them. They don't get to choose. It's a spec tire.

Do we really have to do this whole nonsense of jumping to conclusions and then behaving as if that conclusions is 100% factual without absolutely any solid evidence or official statement to confirm that conclusion as fact?

Is there any confirmation from PD or a reliable source saying that there's no March update? No.

Just because a future update has been announced for May while we're in March, doesn't mean that there's going to be zero other updates until then: Spa was revealed one or two updates before we actually got it.

Also, on the subject of the interior, it could just be a case of insufficient material provided (it has happened before), you can't render an interior to the level PD does with just a couple of concept renders.

Last edited:
Sounds like Kaz is trying to say that it'll be like the DBR9 where you'll have to buy it if you want to use it and won't be gifted it when partnering with Mazda.

Back