Mazda Vision Coupe & Kai Concepts | Tokyo Motor Show 2017

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 36 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Moved away from the Rotary thread since it doesn't really belong in there. A moderator can move it if it is revealed to be powered as such.

One word: Damn. :eek:

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/mazda-vision-coupe-concept-is-one-sexy.html

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-1.jpeg

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-2.jpeg

Edit: Might as well add this too.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/mazda-kai-concept-surfaces-ahead-of.html

Mazda-Kai-Concept-5.jpg

Mazda-Kai-Concept-2.jpg

That "3" would look bang on with an Alfa badge. Love the interior. It's perfect.

If that's the new 6, the taillights are the detail of this new generation. Hope they stay. Beautiful.

P.S.- would love it as a race car

P.S.II- Imagine what the 2 will look like.

Last edited:
This car really has something over it, the interior is simple but clear and verry nice. The Kai really gives the vision of the future compact cars.

Man, between Mazda and Lexus...these interiors....wow. I really hope a lot of this makes it to the next Mazda 3. Both Mazda and Lexus have this lovely design-evolution philosophy that sees each new model pushing the design direction further and further. I love it. Now if only Mazda had the finances to put a $100k competitor into the ring...

Edit: The coupe. Good god is it beautiful. The proportions...the detailing...the interior...I haven't seen such a beautiful concept in a long, long time. Build it Mazda, please....please.

They have the best looking concepts that seem production ready, yet will definitely ruin them and water it down as they did the mazda 6.

I just want them to keep( if everything else is tamed down) the dash and taillights. I'm willing to forego a manual, for this car. Lord, please show us a wagon version.

Would it be too early, to place a deposit for one? I mean, the current 6 looks damn close to the Shinari concept. Can't see the production model too far off this.

If that is a preview for the new 6 and they don't sell a crap ton of them, I am going to start questioning people's sanity.

Edit:

22687935_1861804717167395_4747453673801824348_n.jpg

22687849_1861804627167404_1599178863914083996_n.jpg

22788954_1861804720500728_7869101948620380590_n.jpg

How they managed to make it look stately, elegant, and athletic all at the same time is beyond me. It's like the car form of Idris Elba.

If that's the new 6, overall I think it looks ugly. The back and the rear lights look pretty nice though. Very Alfa.

Same with the red hatchback (3 possibly?), front face looks awful but the front looks slightly better than the one above it (6?), as there's less visual mass behind that front arch. But again, very Alfa (not a bad thing).

Two words: Damn, damn. :eek: :eek:

The coupe looks like it is modelled just for me personally. It is a perfect looking car. The Interior is spot on. Spartan but comfortable, sporty and yet still luxurious.

Bye, bye Porsche 911.2, hello Mazda coupe concept.

The back end looks somewhat Ferrari-ish. And the tail pipes reminds me of the Alfa Giulia quadrifoglio.

Last edited:
If that's the new 6, overall I think it looks ugly. The back and the rear lights look pretty nice though. Very Alfa.

Same with the red hatchback (3 possibly?), front face looks awful but the front looks slightly better than the one above it (6?), as there's less visual mass behind that front arch. But again, very Alfa (not a bad thing).
Might need those eyes checked, "Doc". :P

Might need those eyes checked, "Doc". :P
Well I do wear glasses. :lol:

But yeah.. really not feeling it at all, well, apart from the Alfa cues. the rest is just. :yuck:

[edit]

Then again, I understand they're just concepts, so hopefully a lot of stuff I dislike about the designs, won't make it over into production.

My pet peeve when it comes to contemporary design trends is the oversized grilles.
Come on, your car doesn't need THAT much air :P

Rhincodon-typus-07.JPG

(Unless it's a new form of hybrid technology? The grille scoops up insects and turn them into bio-diesel on the fly?)

Apart from that, they look pretty nice.

Mazda is absolutely killing the game right now, both concepts look fab! :drool: The current 3 and 6 models are already very good looking cars and if the Kai and Vision are anything to go by, the next generations will be even more so.

I love the shark nose designs. That's what Mazda are utilizing. More upright grilles as opposed to slope back grilles, in my opinion, make the cars look upscale and they age well too.

Coming to think of it, when you adjust the proportions of the Kai Concept to fit in with real world regulations, it will have a very similar shape to the current 3, as if it was significantly facelifted... Not that it is a bad thing. I really hope the interior stays the same, with the addition of some trim to match exterior paint.

I'm getting some SEAT-y vibes from the Kai now too. Again, like the Alfa looks, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And like I said before, hopefully a lot of stuff I don't like about the concepts won't make it into production. Like Subaru, Mazda omits a lot of the concept wow, when it comes to the production version.

I’m so glad to see Mazda has gone with the understated approach. The Japanese can sure make some beautiful machines when they try.

Omg, do you see the roof of that Kai concept? Do you know how difficult that is to manufacture?

I just found out that I misread the thread title until a minute of two ago. I thought it says, Kia Concept. So I was under the impression that this was a collaboration between Mazda and Kia. :P

It's not Kia, it's Kai @kikie :lol:

Back