• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 10 comments

Fyshokid

Some guy
Premium
Denmark
Denmark
Fyshokid
Hey, check out this montage, or video I made a few days ago in Midnight Club LA.

[YOUTUBEHD]bVgqhZ42e9I[/YOUTUBEHD]

I'd appreciate any feedback :)

EDIT: Had a few problems with copyright and embedding. Should be good now. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Video looks pretty good. What is the red car at 46 seconds? Is it a skyline. I haven't played this game for a long time, waiting for GT5 and all.

I really like this, and it's not even my type of music. How was this captured?

If you used shots that didn't show the checkpoint smoke as much (red light races, or just edit around the smoke, mebbe) so that it looked a little less arcade-like, it might go better with the serious lyrics in the music. Seeing the flares kinda takes you out of the flow, especially if the viewer hasn't played the game. It is well edited, and you've made the most of the limited cameras available - I wish there were some stationary cameras you could thunder by; these traveling cameras make it look like you're just cruising even when you're going flat out...

CWR
I really like this, and it's not even my type of music. How was this captured?
I used a Hauppauge HD PVR to capture the gameplay.

CWR
If you used shots that didn't show the checkpoint smoke as much (red light races, or just edit around the smoke, mebbe) so that it looked a little less arcade-like, it might go better with the serious lyrics in the music. Seeing the flares kinda takes you out of the flow, especially if the viewer hasn't played the game.
Good point. If I decide to make another one, I'll definitely try doing only red light races.

CWR
It is well edited, and you've made the most of the limited cameras available - I wish there were some stationary cameras you could thunder by; these traveling cameras make it look like you're just cruising even when you're going flat out...
Thanks, and yeah, I hope the next Midnight Club (if they make any more) will have better replay features. You can't really do too much with the ones provided in this game.

The only way I've seen around the camera problem is to set up an online race and use a stationary car as a sort of camera car - I don't know if this game works with linked systems, but that might work out even better seeing as how playing MCLA online doesn't seem terribly stable lately.

Good work! As Beliall says, it makes me want to play the game again.

Sorry Fyshokid, Rockstar has confirmed that there won't be another.

CWR
The only way I've seen around the camera problem is to set up an online race and use a stationary car as a sort of camera car - I don't know if this game works with linked systems, but that might work out even better seeing as how playing MCLA online doesn't seem terribly stable lately.
I remember seeing a MC3 video where they used a camera car, and it actually looked pretty cool, except for the headlights lighting up in front of it, so that would be a possibility. Also, I've never been able to properly get online on Rockstar developed games for some reason, so I'd probably need to play a LAN-game to do it, if that's even possible in MCLA,

Good work! As Beliall says, it makes me want to play the game again.

Sorry Fyshokid, Rockstar has confirmed that there won't be another.
Aww, that's a real bummer. I've always loved the Midnight Club games. Ah well, I'm glad you liked the montage :)

Back