McLaren 650S - 625C - 675LT- 675LT Spider

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 270 comments
I don't know what flaw because the 12c is a beast. On another note McLaren really treats their customers well. First they offered a free of charge tune upgrade to the early 12c's to bump up the power to match the current 12c. Now they are offering some 650s component upgrades to current 12c's.

I don't know what flaw because the 12c is a beast. On another note McLaren really treats their customers well. First they offered a free of charge tune upgrade to the early 12c's to bump up the power to match the current 12c. Now they are offering some 650s component upgrades to current 12c's.

Completely agree.

Usually buying a car too early means that the consumer gets a big "sucks to suck!" from the manufacturer.

Agreed with Organ. I don't think there's any flaws, just too much demand for the assembly line to continue building the 12C alongside the 650S.

There was one at the Vancouver Auto Show, cracking looking thing. But I really don't like how they did not change the rear end, it is almost like McLaren was too lazy to change it, or did not know how to change it without making it look like the P1, in which case they kept it the same.

Someone needs to make a good guy Ron Dennis meme.

Buddy of mine just got a 12c, I rode with him and wow the car moves out. He's also got a Ford GT and new Boxster S too. After riding in the 12c, the 650s is going to be something to reckon with, even bone stock. Going off of performance, the price range - starting at $265,500 the 650s is a decent bargin, exotic car wise.

Current bone stock 12c's have put down 10.3 to 10.4 1/4 mile times, and just keep picking up speed after that. For not being AWD, that's moving.

Last edited:
It's hard to read about any fault with the 12C other than it lacks the driving emotion that its rival 458 captures with its buyers. In fact, that's the only reason I've seen several people pick the 458 over it in the end, so that has to say something for the 12C.

I'd also began to wonder with the 12C now out of production, how will the 650S stand up to Ferrari? Then I realize the 458 is the next car to be phased out, so the real question is what will Ferrari bring against McLaren with its successor.

A 650S GT3 is on the way.
teaser-for-mclaren-global-premiere-at-2014-goodwood-festival-of-speed_100470275_l.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...claren-to-debut-at-goodwood-festival-of-speed

Wow. I totally digging this new GT3 car than it's road car counter part.
Though the rear end looks kinda awkward...Now I can't wait for the P1 GTR. :ill:

I saw a 650S in person on Saturday and I think it looks much better in real life. I wasn't sure about the front at first, and I still think the 12C looks a little bit better, but it is a really attractive car.

Saw one about a month ago at cars and coffee, I like the styling much better than the 12c. Something about the 12c looked a bit bland in front. The 650s looks a lot more exotic and stylish to me. I prefer the hardtop though.
20140607_100801.jpg

Last edited:
I still don't understand the 650S. What is it? Is it the new MP4? Is it something completely different? If it's the new MP4 why didn't they call it the MP4, and if it's something completely different then why does it look like an MP4 with a new bumper?

What a strange marketing decision. I don't like it. It doesn't even look good because all the did was change the front end with a theme that isn't repeated anywhere else on the car.

This reminds me of Aston Martin's new Vanquish which of course looks like a DB9, not a Vanquish, and is ugly to boot. I don't like that car either and I refuse to call it a Vanquish because it isn't, it's a DB9 with some pointier fenders.

I still don't understand the 650S. What is it? Is it the new MP4? Is it something completely different? If it's the new MP4 why didn't they call it the MP4, and if it's something completely different then why does it look like an MP4 with a new bumper?

What a strange marketing decision. I don't like it. It doesn't even look good because all the did was change the front end with a theme that isn't repeated anywhere else on the car.

This reminds me of Aston Martin's new Vanquish which of course looks like a DB9, not a Vanquish, and is ugly to boot. I don't like that car either and I refuse to call it a Vanquish because it isn't, it's a DB9 with some pointier fenders.
The 650S is just a facelifted MP4-12C with a nicer name, more power, and a better chassis.

Oh, and I don't know if you've seen the Vanquish in person but it looks nothing like the DB9. It's also much prettier in person than in photos, since you don't really notice that silly carbon fibre bit at the front.

The 650S is just a facelifted MP4-12C with a nicer name, more power, and a better chassis.

Oh, and I don't know if you've seen the Vanquish in person but it looks nothing like the DB9. It's also much prettier in person than in photos, since you don't really notice that silly carbon fibre bit at the front.

I've seen both in person they're not that far off, though I was quite surprised by how small the Vanquish looks in person. It always seems much longer and bigger in pictures.

EDIT:

The Astons that is, I've yet to see a McLaren in person.

I've seen both in person they're not that far off, though I was quite surprised by how small the Vanquish looks in person. It always seems much longer and bigger in pictures.
I think it's a bit like the Ferrari Testarossa in that it hides its size well. It's not a small car but it looks smaller than it is.

I think it's a bit like the Ferrari Testarossa in that it hides its size well. It's not a small car but it looks smaller than it is.

Yeah seen one of those as well in an Used "exotic" car dealership, and it met my expectations in size the Aston I expected to be bloated but it wasn't so much it seemed a bit smaller than a C6 Z06

This is just stupid :dunce:
It's detuned to make it nicer for daily driving, so why stop making the 12c then?

They should make a non hybrid version of the P1.
Likely because the 12C never had this.
The 625C is fitted with new dampers and a revised suspension setup – including softer spring rates at the rear – giving it what McLaren calls “the most refined ride” of any of its models. Also changed are the brakes, which are cast-iron discs instead of the carbonfibre-ceramic units found on the 650S. Those changes are designed to give the 625C better every day usability and comfort.
Easier on the production line to continue producing 1 car, and switching out these bits than continue producing the 12C alongside it.

Back