With all due respect Scaff, I'm sure you would also admit that unless you are directly involved in both investigations, and have seen first hand ALL the evidence in both cases, coming to the conclusion that they are identical cases with identical circumstances is merely speculation.
I do appreciate the fact that you do an amazing job researching much of the FIA "reported" findings, but even you must admit not everything is made public.
Frankly, while it is easy to stand on the sidelines and accuse various companies, organizations, and individuals of doing things we may feel are unjustified, and perhaps in many cases we may be right, but at the same time, unless we are directly involved and with out any doubt know every single detail in a case, and not just what we read in articles and officially reported findings, then we are still only speculating, and we may very well not know all the details or maybe the details we thought were true were in fact false.
Given that, our opinions on those decisions are to a certain extent always going to be based on a great deal of speculation, and possibly based on unkown and untrue facts.
Now I have nothing against speculating, sharing opinions, and especially using facts to support our speculation and opinions, which you do very well and I for one appreciate that. However, that still doesn’t mean you, I or anyone else not directly involved and privy to all the actual details and evidence actually really do know all the facts surrounding these cases, and thus we can not say for sure that they are identical, and deserve equal punishment.