Me vs. Schumacher - Nurburgring GP/F

Either you totally suck or you're using a bad setup. Kimi did a 1.31 to get pole at the track in 2007 though. Maybe a 1.31 is possible with a better setup, a 1.29 might be out of reach..
 
3.) Don't use a video game as a true representation of real life.
 
I have an idea how Schumacher did it. If I'm not mistaken the 2004 cars were quite faster than the 2007 ones, so there you have it. Besides, it's what temperature the tires have, how much fuel you got, etc.
 
The cars in 2004 were most likely faster than 2007.
 
My issue with it is I'm taking his 3rd gear turns in 4th and beating his speeds at the trap. I wonder if the car is slower and the actual speed is all in my mind.

EDIT: Just noticed a few issues. The curbing in the game is much higher than in 2004. I slow down a lot on that final chicane before the hairpin because I can't cross the massive speed bump called curbing. I tried and managed to spin twice and even roll it against the wall.

There's a few curbs like that. Not expecting to beat his time, now that I re think, I'm trying to come close...
 
Last edited:
I'd also hazard a guess that regulation changes in the sport account for a large part of the reason you can't knock over a 2004 lap time in a 2007 car. And, besides, as good as GT5 is, it may not be entirely accurate :)
 
Is that a serious question?
Okay, i'll give you a couple of answers:
1. He's Michael Schumacher
2. He's one of the highest paid F1 Drivers
3. He's Michael Schumacher
4. He's 8x Worldchampion
5. He's Michael Schumacher
6. It's a Video game
7. He's Michael Schumacher
.
.
.
See where I'm going with this.
 
The 2004 cars were practically unregulated. The nine-second difference is testament to that.
 
7 x world champion

Is that a serious question?
Okay, i'll give you a couple of answers:
1. He's Michael Schumacher
2. He's one of the highest paid F1 Drivers
3. He's Michael Schumacher
4. He's 8x Worldchampion
5. He's Michael Schumacher
6. It's a Video game
7. He's Michael Schumacher
.
.
.
See where I'm going with this.
 
Too many variables, car differences, and yes, he is Michael Schumacher.
 
I know that the 2004 F1 cars were much faster than 2007 (and later on) F1 cars. New regulations added to the F1 rules like smaller rear wing, smaller engines and even different wheels.
That is the reason why even after 6 years in the F1 racing (since 2004), Schumacher is still holding the biggest Fastest-laps records until today !!!
That is the reason why a lot of people in the F1 industry say that the real best F1 driver ever was Ayrton Senna and not Schumacher. Senna was driving F1 cars in the time which the driver still has the manual gear box with real clutch, rather than the later F1 cars which have semi-automatic gear box (tiptronic on the wheel).

P.S. So if you want to compare yourself to real timing - you need to search the web for timing of 2007 season.
 
I have a 1'27'3 and theres still more time to get out of it.
 
I know that the 2004 F1 cars were much faster than 2007 (and later on) F1 cars. New regulations added to the F1 rules like smaller rear wing, smaller engines and even different wheels.
That is the reason why even after 6 years in the F1 racing (since 2004), Schumacher is still holding the biggest Fastest-laps records until today !!!
That is the reason why a lot of people in the F1 industry say that the real best F1 driver ever was Ayrton Senna and not Schumacher. Senna was driving F1 cars in the time which the driver still has the manual gear box with real clutch, rather than the later F1 cars which have semi-automatic gear box (tiptronic on the wheel).

P.S. So if you want to compare yourself to real timing - you need to search the web for timing of 2007 season.


In my last post I did compare to the 2007 pole lap Kimi made. I beat it by roughly a second. I did mow the lawn a bit on turn 6 though. That being said isn't a fair compairison seeing as I should have wrecked out. I'll make the lap again, this time holding his line and see if it's closer.
 
A 2004 F1 car is roughly 3 seconds a lap faster than a 2007 car.

Remember, Michael set that 1:29 in race conditions (never going to be as fast as qualifying) whereas Kimi set the 1:31 in qualifying...i.e. in optimal conditions.
 
Aren't the racing soft tires in this game also a lot grippier than tires in real life? So surely you should be able to breeze it, unless you are running racing hards and doing it properly.
 
F2004 = V10s, 19000 RPMs

F2007 = V8s, 17000 RPMs (if i recall)

Basically, the F2004 is regarded as the fastest F1 car of all time. Hence your struggle.
 
No u dont :)

Agreed. If you're gonna make a claim as bold as that, you've got to have some proof to back it up.

A 2004 F1 car is roughly 3 seconds a lap faster than a 2007 car.

Remember, Michael set that 1:29 in race conditions (never going to be as fast as qualifying) whereas Kimi set the 1:31 in qualifying...i.e. in optimal conditions.

Yeah. That being said, I'm curious what his pole was for that race. PD should have included a LOT more F1 in this game. It would get more attention than freakin' Go-Karts...
 
Aren't the racing soft tires in this game also a lot grippier than tires in real life? So surely you should be able to breeze it, unless you are running racing hards and doing it properly.

Nope, I'm using hards. Softs make the '07 handle too much like the X2010. I'm not sure if there are any cars in real life other than dragsters that use a compound equavilent to those tires. Other than straight line powerhouses.
 
Turn off ABS as well.......
 
Id probably say Racing medium is most accurate GT5 tire rather than racing hard as in qualifying in real life they use the Supersoft tyres. Also lets not forget qualifying is also done with only enough fuel for a few laps. Im not sure what that relates to in GT5 but id imagine thats a disadvantage. One other thing that would be slowing you down is not having the ability to sort out the gear ratios. In the F1 cars the early gears are too short in GT5.
 
Last edited:
I've done 1:30.5 in the F10 F1 car. I'm sure a 1:27 is possible from a freaky good player. You must have something wrong with your driving options. Try using skid control. Is the Downforce set all the way up to the highest setting?
 

Thank you! 👍

Turn off ABS as well.......

Always is in the race cars.

I've done 1:30.5 in the F10 F1 car. I'm sure a 1:27 is possible from a freaky good player. You must have something wrong with your driving options. Try using skid control. Is the Downforce set all the way up to the highest setting?

No, I kept the car stock and skid control slows me down as it tends to control the car for me. I'll keep tryin' and see if I can keep knocking off the milliseconds.
 
Back