Medium cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 11 comments
  • 721 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
Cars that are between a Standard and Premium. The AMG VGT, BMW M4 and GTR Prototype are good examples.
 
Is that it? I can see this thread running and running...

Surely those cars are premium that just happen to have no interior currently. Cars like the Mitsubishi Colt and Nissan R390 GT1 are better examples of cars between Standard and Premium.
 
Then call them Sub-Premium. "Medium" doesn't make sense (to me).
With standard interior, hence why "medium" 💡
Except they have the detail level of a premium. The M4 and Mercedes VGT I can consider Sub-Premium because the M4 is a production car that doesn't have a modeled interior and the VGT is a concept that does have a modeled interior, but has it blacked out. However, most concept cars don't have an interior IRL so the GT-R concepts should have a blacked out interior.

The exterior detail level is what defines them as premium, from what it seems.

That's a matter of opinion. I certainly won't consider cars without a full cockpit as premium.

I call the touched up standards the Standard cars now while I call the ones that are still fairly horrible Sub-Standard.

So let's see. I see cars as Premium, Sub-Premium, Standard, and Sub-Standard. Makes sense to me.
 
Apologies if this has been covered before, but is there an easy way to see which cars are and are not premium in the dealerships? GT5 was easy as the new cars on the whole were and the used cars were not.
 
Last edited:
Apologies if this has been covered before, but is there an easy way to see which cars and are not premium in the dealerships? GT5 was easy as the new cars on the whole were and the used cars were not.

Pretty easy. If you can see the car in gallery view, it's a Premium. Otherwise, it's a Standard.
 
Premium classification is not a question of a modeled interior. It is modeling standard, regardless of interior or not, that PD has practiced since moving the series to PS3. In other words, those cars you mention are still premium.
 
Back