Meet the British Touring Car Championship's New Safety... Truck?

Definitely cooler that what used to be before it. Just wonder if it will make it round the track before it runs out of fuel before the safety car window closes.

Good to see TOCA are taking action on safety after the Croft qualifying pile-up and Billy Monger being trapped in his car for hours after the Donington crash, the next step is to get Thruxton into the 21st century or drop it.

btw the article is a bit misleading implying this truck will lead the cars around under yellow flags, that will presumably still be Alan Gow's Porsche Panamera.

This makes me very happy since I work for Ford Motor Company at the Kentucky Truck Plant and I built the F-250 along with the 350 450 550 Xpedition and Lincoln Navigator. Awesome truck and it will do the job quite well.

The main question is can it turn right?
I know american racecars and response vehicles don't have this function by default

How do they keep the stuff in the back dry?

You can get rollershutters for those pickups, many cars in austalia use them, the cheaper options are those hard plastic ones with gas struts but this wont be practical and you can get the cheapest option, canvas.
rolltipsimg5.jpg

Latest Posts

Back