Meet the GT4 players...

• Thread starter Flynn77
  • 54 comments
United States
St. Ann, MO
ryldhune
*Please don't move this thread, as I have no interest in meeting anyone outside of this board*

I'm Flynn, 33 y.o., married for 8 years with 2 daughters (ages 5 and 2). I work at a call center doing unemployment-related stuff. I use a DS2 controller, so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, but that's okay. I'm old skool. :D

I'm a Christian, and I try to show that through my everyday actions. I'm enjoying competing with you guys immensely. How 'bout yourselves?

Alright I guess ill jump in on this...
Im 15 and I live in southern california. I am a major car enthusiast and I'm super bored all the time so I just watch Top Gear. I'm currently trying to make through high school and get in to a college where I can get masters in automotive engineering. Then hopefully after that I can get a job as a Race Engineer for Pratt & Miller Engineering. And thats all I've got running for me right now I guess.

Eric, 18, and I'll be going to Virginia Tech in the fall to study Engineering, though I am a part time mechanic now. I use a DS2 as well, unfortunately. When I'm not playing GT4, you'll probably find me bicycling, riding my motorcycle, playing soccer, or reading car stuff.

Hi, my names Joshua. I'm 11, and turning 12 on 18th of August. I use a DS2 and a wheel. If I'm not on GT4 or GTPlanet, you'll find me playing soccer, reading or other computer stuff. Right now I have lots of free time as it's the school holidays. Yay! :D

A early Happy Birthday SVX.

I guess I'm the old one of the group at 43, I use a DS2 controller and have age working against me as well. I've been to college, graduated and all that stuff. I've been a soldier, drafter, entrepenuer, and flat broke and other odd jobs. I have way to many hobbies and interests, but driving and tunning cars in GT4 has my interest these days and has since I put it in the PS2 last september.

Though lately due to family business of my sister being murdered I have been a bit pre-occupied. I could also probably give GrumpEone a run for that title. So I appolgize in advance if I snap at you.

Count me in as another older fart. I'm Mike, 30, just recently married (had my 1st anniversary this past Sunday) and a long-time fan of the PS2 GT titles. I had GT3 in 2002 and bought GT4 as soon as it was released. I'm not a completionist, I race for the fun. I also like the challenge, hence my using a Miata for the Sunday Cup. We'll see how things play out there.

Still praying for you, BH. And happy B-day to you, SVX. You and my grandpappy share the same date, 8/18, but whereas you'll be celebrating number 12, Grandpappy will be logging year 80 this year. Woo Hoo!!

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all. While I have not played GT4 in a couple years, I will again play it in the future, I loved that game.

Anyways... my name is Justin Shayne Holliday I'm 23 years old I am jobless as a result of this horrible economy. When I had a job I did Construction with my brother it was fun good old days. I live in Red Bluff, California a small town. I am also a Christian as well and try to display that in my attitude. Right now I'm playing Gran Turismo 1 and Final Fantasy 2, when I play GT1&2 I use analog sticks DS2 but when I play GT3&4 I use the G25 set up. When I'm not playing GT or on GTP forums I'll be playing great story based magical RPG's like Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy or posting on The Final Fantasy Forums, swimming at the park pool, reading the Bible and/or a number of other things.

My favorite Car is a Mazda RX-7 just to put that out.

I do not like most of all Rock music or Rap, I like some old Country though. My favorite music is Nobou Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda's works and classical music.

A early Happy Birthday SVX.

I guess I'm the old one of the group at 43, I use a DS2 controller and have age working against me as well. I've been to college, graduated and all that stuff. I've been a soldier, drafter, entrepenuer, and flat broke and other odd jobs. I have way to many hobbies and interests, but driving and tunning cars in GT4 has my interest these days and has since I put it in the PS2 last september.

Though lately due to family business of my sister being murdered I have been a bit pre-occupied. I could also probably give GrumpEone a run for that title. So I appolgize in advance if I snap at you.

You're short of being the oldest by around 20 years. And I have reason to believe there are a few (very few) even older.

With regard to age working against one, wait until arthritis (rheumatoid, in my case) comes into the mix. Driving even a short enduro like the El Cap or GV enduros in one sitting is completely out of the question for me.

Just a glimpse as to what you may have to look forward to. ;)

Sorry for that comment yesterday Flynn. I was nervous and I wrote that. Sorry. Well since I'm here, I'm a 13 year old boy the gets nervous easily some times. :guilty: My birthday is the exact same as SVX, 18th of August. That is the day that I will turn 14. I have a cheap steering wheel that is a bit broken so I play with a DS1 since my DS2 is broken as well.:( I play games like GT, NFS, Metal Gear Solid, Pro Cycling manager and other ones, those are the ones I remember. My favorite cars are the Ferrari F430, the 458 and the 2004 Subaru Impreza. I like of Rock and Metal as you can clearly see in the "What are you listening?" thread.

Though lately due to family business of my sister being murdered I have been a bit pre-occupied.

I have no idea what to say other then Im very sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what its like to loose someone I love.

Last edited:
Meet the GT4 players? Meet the post thread! :lol:

I'm 15 years old, living in Hungary but will move back to UK this year.
I have a Driving Force steering wheel, but I'm no holl01 when it comes to GT though. :crazy:

I play GT4 and GTPSP, I also play Re-Volt a lot, mod it, play it online, etc.

👍

I just figured I'd post this here for more exposure. Besides, you are the guys I'm most interested in bringing aboard for it. :)

I'm Pete, 34, with a 22mth old son. Have been on the interwebs long enough not to reveal any more than that.

The only game I play is GT4/5, am an awful driver, didn't get a license IRL til 33yo due to complete lack of interest in cars and racing, and it's just my fascination in tuning/settings (first learned in GT1) that makes me follow this site and post here.

Main interests are history, literature and philosophy. Nietzsche, Theroux, Proust are examples but not always that high-brow. I am, however, proud of the urge to stab anyone that suggests a Dan Brown book.

For music, I like Scandinavian Black Metal, Jamaican ska from '68 to '74 or so, 2-tone ska, English punk c. late 70s-early 80s, American hardcore/punk c. late 80s-early 90s, and lots of other stuff.

I'm Alex (sadly, it is a boring name, and my last name is just as boring), I'm 15 years of age, and has been a petrol head ever since late 2003, and I've always had the Viper GTS-R Team Oreca at the top of my car mind. Started playing GT seriously late 2005, and I've been hooked ever since, now with my brother buying GT5, I've been split between but I still love GT4. And it may as well never change.

Moving away from cars, I am planning on getting into music, I'm forming a band (my old one went down under due to some disagreements) the band will be a traditional metal band, for me largely influenced by Iron Maiden. I am a vocalist aiming to hit a high F sharp like James LaBrie and sing with the greatness of Bruce Dickinson (though no one could be the same, of course not, I just want something along the lines of that). I've been writing music since late 2007, and I've had an interest since as early as 2004 or 2005. I started performing late last year and I practice when I can and test my voices potential.

I plan on making a replica of a good car when I'm older, but I'm stuck in choices, my list stands as, Porsche 906 and Ford RS200, that's my speech, thanks for reading my complete truth about a GT4 player from New Zealand

I plan on making a replica of a good car when I'm older, but I'm stuck in choices, my list stands as, Porsche 906 and Ford RS200..

Good taste! I spend a bunch of time driving the RS200. My tune for it is ever changing.

Soo Anderson, I see you're looking at getting a motorcycle... :dopey:

I'm Benji, 21 years old. I live in Southern California. Big car guy, and I play every GT (yes including this one and 5).

My goals? Becoming a filmmaker some day.

Last edited:
Skython, I intened to put together THIS whenever the money presents itself.

Me too! And what kind of engine would you put in it?

On topic: I am Santiago Ziegler, 14 years old (tomorrow is my B-Day).
I love GT4 and I plan on being some kind of car engineer.

Me too! And what kind of engine would you put in it?

On topic: I am Santiago Ziegler, 14 years old (tomorrow is my B-Day).
I love GT4 and I plan on being some kind of car engineer.

Honestly, I'd go with the 5.0L HO from the latest-generation Mustang (pre 4.6L, naturally) with the Tremec TKO (based on the BW T-5) for best combination of weight, durability and simplicity. I have rebuilt the T-5 myself, so I'm comfortable with it, and there are PLENTY of resources available for the 5.0 both parts and technical, so I'm comfortable with it. With 345~ish hp and 15mph on pump gas, that's tough to beat.

Soo Anderson, I see you're looking at getting a motorcycle... :dopey:

Im going to get an 00-07 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, its the best starter sportbike for someone like me with no motorcycle experience. You can read about my quest to get into the sportbike world the right way in the link in my sig. There is explicit content in the link below.

What kind of motorcycle do you ride hot_shoe?

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd go with the 5.0L HO from the latest-generation Mustang (pre 4.6L, naturally) with the Tremec TKO (based on the BW T-5) for best combination of weight, durability and simplicity. I have rebuilt the T-5 myself, so I'm comfortable with it, and there are PLENTY of resources available for the 5.0 both parts and technical, so I'm comfortable with it. With 345~ish hp and 15mpg on pump gas, that's tough to beat.

Now that would be cool 👍 👍

Last edited:
Back