Meet the Truly Inexplicable 2019 Renault Arkana Crossover

7LMxBbp6b5-wIeWsX-FpRTb3dLk=.gif

Definitely far closer to the “cross-coupe” segment (GLC, X4, ZDX) than it is to true crossover sedans like the Volvo S60 Cross Country, Subaru Outback SUS and AMC Eagle.
B73750C1-7E9F-4722-9F63-E9A4B959887F.jpeg
90D1AB75-71F0-4460-9739-6A64EB3D04CE.jpeg
939D2F61-8B3A-4EC4-920E-636E5D34E1A0.jpeg

Also probably heavily inspired by the Maybach Vision Ultimate Luxury which took the crossover with a trunk formula to its furthest extent.
446C2FFB-CC30-4212-92EC-3311D50E4883.jpeg

Last edited:
Innovative Design :D Give me a break. There are other pointless cars like this before it, so it is not really something new. And yes, russians like their sedans and they like big cars, so there you go, it is their market.

I quite like it...

It's quite clever really as it provides yet another way for buyers to feel like they're better than their neighbours just because they have a car to take their kids to school in that has more of a gap in the arches than the plebs next door who only have a car that rides at normal height. I get the feeling it would look bizarre with smaller wheels though.

Last edited:
Looks good but probably never going to leave the city. It does look like the GLC 220d Coupe hopefully cheaper.

It's kind of cool. It reminds me of the AMC Eagle.

But those engine choices though :yuck: Give it a nice, smooth and hefty V6 at least.

Looks like a lifted Dodge Dart from the rear
2015-Dodge-Dart-Rear.jpg

But the front looks very nice, the flair on the headlights create such an imposing stance.

Renault should really figure out a way to bring their brand to the US. Strange vehicles like that that combine something like five different segments would sell like hotcakes since the American buyer loves to buy vehicles that supposedly do it all.

Renault should really figure out a way to bring their brand to the US.

No need. Badge it as an Nissan or better still, an Infinity. Market it as a smaller, cheaper X6 alternative.

INFINITY_sportscoupe.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Renault could bring back a true 4WD sleeper sedan, like the Safrane Biturbo of the 1990s, rather than make some pseudo-crossover monstrosity. This thing could do 0-60 in the mid-6s and reach speeds of 160mph.

Last edited:
Another manufacturer going for a coupé-esque SUV. I don't mind the looks, I do personally think that Renault has been quite decent with their design language.
But part of me is just constantly thinking as to why you would want to have such a car? It's less practical than the "real" SUV counterpart, in that case the Kadjar, and it's not a real coupé.

I wish Renault could bring back a true 4WD sleeper sedan, like the Safrane Biturbo of the 1990s, rather than make some pseudo-crossover monstrosity. This thing could do 0-60 in the mid-6s and reach speeds of 160mph.

:odd:

Where are you getting mid-6s for 0-60? I found 7.6 (twice) and 7.4. The latter resource cites a claim of 7.2, which is comparable to the Thema 8.32 that you criticized for not being a sleeper.

Back