Meet Volvo's Vision Gran Turismo Concept That Never Happened

I'd rather have real cars that are actually drivable instead of those transformers.
That isn't the choice. It's VGT or no car.
Some would say at least some of the VGTs have actually been drivable, like those for Bugatti and Infiniti.
The Infiniti was never anything other than a 1:8 scale model, so I doubt you could drive it unless you were a 1:8 scale human.

However the Bugatti was a real car, sold to a private customer and now on its second owner. Audi made an e-tron VGT, which it gave VIP laps of Formula E ePrix circuits during race weekends. The VW VGT Roadster was also real and driveable. Mercedes planned to make its VGT but didn't, though that didn't stop Batman from wanting one (spoiler alert: the car is merely made to look like the VGT in Justice League.

I'd rather have real cars
I respect that .

instead of those transformers.
But please don't call them transformers when things like these
537d149169bedd6901eb6965.jpeg

537d163b6bb3f7a729eb6963.jpeg

537d160769beddca01eb6963.jpeg

537d1666eab8ea314dd00e9a.jpeg

Exist. Bonus fun facts : The first car is an actual dinner car while the last one involved into the lovable Lancia Statos HF.

Would make a nice GR.3 racer.
Gr.3 ricer*

Mercedes planned to make its VGT but didn't, though that didn't stop Batman from wanting one (spoiler alert: the car is merely made to look like the VGT in Justice League.
You're forgetting because that dude (forgot his name, too lazy too Google) was bulky they had to increase the size of the car too, so it wasn't in true scale. :D

They don't like them, as I don't, because they simply would rather have a real car instead. Mazda VGT Gr3? Give me bloody McLaren 720S GT3 already or etc etc etc etc etc.

And the above example is the least silly VGT I could think of as most Gr3 cars are actually used a fair amount.

VGT is a waste of resources considering all the awesome real cars out there. They do pretty much the same in each category... For example there are lots of cool real GT4 cars but Gr4 is full of fakes.

Do we see a VGT road car daily race often?

In addition to VGT being uninspiring, I wonder if the decision to have these fake groups, Gr3 etc, was helpful down the line of development for them. If it had been better thought out we could have had healthy and realistic Group B, Group C, LMP1 and several touring car categories. And we could maybe have the option to mix categories.

Another rant over.
I've mentioned a few times about the GR.4 cars.

When the game debuted 2017, there weren't many real GT4 cars in development, while PD were making the game(let's say, from 2014-2017).

Mustang, M4, F-Type GT4 cars, had just come out, when we got the game. PD were actually a step ahead, by building their own versions.

The McLaren 570S GT4, was out around 2015. So, I don't know why PD made a 650S based version.

TT Cup is a real GT4 spec car.

The Gr.4 RC Z, is actually based on a real race car. Three of those raced at the Bathurst 12H, in the Invitational class, some years back.

Scirocco is based on the real One Make series in Germany. We got the real N24 car(and 15th Anniversary version) in GT6. Why PD switched to the GR.4 spec? I don't know.

An RC F 350 races in Super Taikyu.

There was no AMG GT4 car at the time. So, PD made the SLS GR.4.

An FF Megane unofficial TCR concept had been made by a private company, but was never raced. Besides that, TCR had just debuted in 2015. I don't know why PD or the TCR organisation, hadn't sought each other out.

We got a surprise GR.4 Supra. That's based on the N24 car. Not the official GT4.

Why oh why didn't PD use the 350 or 370 GT4? They used those cars in the Nissan GT Academy. Plus, the GT4 cars raced at numerous endurance series and European GT4.

When GT4 debuted as a Belgium series, a C6 Corvette GT4 raced back then. V8 Racing have developed an unofficial Camaro GT4 soon after and a GT4.R also races today. Again, why PD decided to use the C7? I don't know.

A real 86 GT4 ran in the British GT series. It was turbocharged instead of the NA model we have, in game.

An Atenza fwd touring car races in the Chinese Touring Car series.

WRX and Evo GR.4 cars, are nearly identical to the real Super Taikyu racers in Japan.

Cayman, is the only real up to date GT4, at the time it entered the game.

All the other Gr.4 cars, were probably made just to give players choices for FIA Manufacturer Cup. Why there is a Bugatti Gr.4 & GR.1, with no GR.3? I don't know.

Me personally, I'd prefer only the real GT4 cars or have them all rwd, but I didn't develop this game. Having a Manufacturers cup, with all these choices available from player's favorite manufacture, is the idea.

Moving to the next game, TCR/WTCR and BTCC, have many brands that can replace the PD made cars. There are also recently developed GT4 cars(Alpine, Supra), that can be added to a next Gr.4 car list. We shall see what we get in GT7. Remember, PD do look at the Suggestions thread.

While I do like cars like the McLaren 720 and the Challenger Hellcat and say the new Ferrari 488 I feel that they arent significantly different from what we already have.

And as I said before, McLaren moves at a ridiculous pace... the 650 was the first of the 'current' gen cars then they had the 570 series, the 600/675 and now the 800... I cant keep up and they are essentially the same theme.

Back