Menu 39 World GT Series - any tips?

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 66 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
So finally made it to Menu 39, World GT Series and am struggling!

Eventually found a car that I can have some chance in and today did better than ever, up to LaSarthe. I'd usually abandoned before then (wish there was a way to "pause")!

At LaSarthe, imagine my surprise when it started raining on lap 2. At the end of the lap the cars in front of me went into the pits! I didn't know you could go into the pits in these races, and in any case had not bought wets or intermediates for a tyre change.... so, carried on and after a few hundred metres gave up because my car was spinning on straights!

Can anyone who has done this before advise:
  • Do I need wets or intermediates?
  • I assume a pit call will let you swap tyres?
  • What car are you using?

I struggled until I used the Porsche "Living Legend" and down-tuned it with a power restrictor to just under 800.

Any advice welcomed, thanks!

I just did the champ for the first time, and the rain caught me by surprise. I barely won the race, but you don't need to pit. Just take it easy. And yes, pitting will prompt you to choose tires

I just did the champ for the first time, and the rain caught me by surprise. I barely won the race, but you don't need to pit. Just take it easy. And yes, pitting will prompt you to choose tires
Thanks @TumeK5, I did try taking it easy but just a light touch on the throttle sent me into a 360! I did have RH tyres on ----- I might just try shelling out for Inters and pit - now have to start the whole series again..... :)

Last edited:
So finally made it to Menu 39, World GT Series and am struggling!

Eventually found a car that I can have some chance in and today did better than ever, up to LaSarthe. I'd usually abandoned before then (wish there was a way to "pause")!

At LaSarthe, imagine my surprise when it started raining on lap 2. At the end of the lap the cars in front of me went into the pits! I didn't know you could go into the pits in these races, and in any case had not bought wets or intermediates for a tyre change.... so, carried on and after a few hundred metres gave up because my car was spinning on straights!

Can anyone who has done this before advise:
  • Do I need wets or intermediates?
  • I assume a pit call will let you swap tyres?
  • What car are you using?

I struggled until I used the Porsche "Living Legend" and down-tuned it with a power restrictor to just under 800.

Any advice welcomed, thanks!
I use the RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT Stealth Model and I have not tuned or done anything to it, I will say it is an easy win for all races for the World GT Series if you got this car.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2022-03-19 14-54-22.png

I used Kaz's Nurburgring race car and on my second attempt on Le Mans, I pitted a lap before everyone else since I knew beforehand that it would rain. Otherwise, yeah, it's a challenge to drive in the wet on racing tires.

So, that's 3 out of the way! Only managed second at Spa because I got rear-ended and punted off the track. LaSarthe I decided to just start with Inters..... and it worked! No need for a stop. The odd thing was though on this attempt, it chucked it down but nobody pitted. Weird.
Right, cup of coffee and then try Panorama!

Didn't do very well there - darkness was the surprise this time on last lap! 🤣

Still first overall and worked out I need 3 points (8th) for a guaranteed bronze finish. BUT - that is not going to be easy, 2 laps of the ring and it looks like it's at night! The horror! 😱

Last edited:
Still first overall and worked out I need 3 points (8th) for a guaranteed bronze finish. BUT - that is not going to be easy, 2 laps of the ring and it looks like it's at night! The horror! 😱
It was my best experience on GT ever, the sun will set quickly, don't worry, and the lighting was magnificent.

I won that event with relative ease with the Tom's Supra GT 500. Hoefully it was not always the same podium except me so in the end even if I did not win any of the races, I won by points with a good margin.

It was my best experience on GT ever, the sun will set quickly, don't worry, and the lighting was magnificent.

I won that event with relative ease with the Tom's Supra GT 500. Hoefully it was not always the same podium except me so in the end even if I did not win any of the races, I won by points with a good margin.
Thanks - the sun rose by about the second half of first lap and the lighting was then good. And really well done for winning it. 👍

However, by then, the damage had been done! After 2 or 3 heavy crashes, I was absolutely way behind.
There was no way I was going to get in the points. Had to do some thinking....... 😀

Either give up and start championship again (for the umpteenth time!) or carry on and hope the driver who was 4th in the league did not win this race and push me into 4th. So I carried on...... came LAST and didn't see another car for the rest of the race after my first crash. 🤣

But, as luck would have it, I won the silver cup! That's with a 1st, 2nd, 1st, 7th ('cos it went dark on me at Panorama! I don't drive well in the dark!) and 20th. But still got 2nd overall.

Really glad I carried on - I could not bear to do the Nord 24h in the dark again!
Not only that, the prizes were amazing - Porsche Carrera '04 (I have been "invited" to buy that for Cr. 2.3 million, glad I didn't) and a 6 star ticket which turned out to be....... Cr. 1,000,000!!! Plus whatever I collected in the races. Not a bad day at all!

Was surprised to see ending credits as though the game had finished.....

Anyway, lesson learned, don't give up!

It sucks. Just throw on the soft tires and the turbo.

I tried to edge my way up to a fun challenge to finish the series right but the top 3 AI drivers clearly have turbos on their cars because they were practically untouchable without it.

So after that, you just dodge the entire pack and hold a lead for the last two laps.

I have picked AWD-cars only for all cups bcs of the silly physics. Built a ca900hp Nissan GTR-rocket for this series. Struggeled a bit in the first race (pre-patch) but ruled on LeMans. I still do not like the tuning-part of this game but mybe I should share my fav setups anyway?

If you don't have inters, exit the race and restart it until it doesn't start to rain. I wasted 2h trying to do the race on RHs with the rain and kept failing meters away from the finish. I then exited the race and restarted it to be given a dry race I won first try. The only thing I'm actually mad about is the 200km on my car's odo that disappeared :mad:

I have used my Camaro ZL1 1LE '18 for just about everything in the game, where it can qualify. Also used it for the Café #39 tournament. Finished 1st, 3rd, 1st, 3rd and 3rd in those 5 races, which gave me 1st place overall. Doing Nürnburgring in the dark was no fun! :D

Doing Nürnburgring in the dark was no fun! :D
That's funny, I had a blast in those conditions.

No rain in this championship (not enough to be noticeable on the dash-cam view, I did saw some on the replay of Nurb, and the road was sometimes wet).

None of my races were wet in the series, ran it with the gift R8 LMS from I think gold license or something. Only thing I added is RM tires and dial the setup in for the car. No extra power or anything. Probably can do it on RH tires if I try again.

I've done World GT Series close to 20 times,used Mazda-RX first 10, really easy wins,mostly clean.
Used 911 RSR and 911 GT1 a few times each,good cars,easy wins,mostly clean.
Corvette C7 ZR1'19 is a blast,easy wins but a bit hairy at Nurburg,wants to go airborne😅
Tried the Carrera GT '04 last night,i don't recommend it, also ran the Viper SRT10 Coupe '06,it's ok but not great.
And this morning ran the Supra GT500'97 and it was a piece of cake,all 5 clean, easy 600k
As for pitting, don't bother,it's broken,the pit crew will change tires but it doesn't work,i've put IM's on but at start of next race still have RS tires on, so if you want to play it safe at Lemans just put IM's on before race:cheers:

I used racing mediums on the Gr3 Vette that I got from the missions and did a decent job with it. Luckily, it did not rain on any race, and the AI really didn't give its best, leading to a mostly easy championship.

Last edited:
2 laps of the ring and it looks like it's at night! The horror! 😱
Don't worry, I find night is much easier to see in than it was in GT5. The headlights got upgrades 🤣 Some of the best racing happens at night!

Like you I'm struggling with this one, tried the Tom's GT500 and no bueno so might try the RX-Vision Gr.3

If you don't have inters, exit the race and restart it until it doesn't start to rain. I wasted 2h trying to do the race on RHs with the rain and kept failing meters away from the finish. I then exited the race and restarted it to be given a dry race I won first try. The only thing I'm actually mad about is the 200km on my car's odo that disappeared :mad:
thats weird because after the menu book you can quit them all you want and still collect your miles..

Step 1: Get a GT-R '17
Step 2: ???
Step 3: profit
Yeah, and then:
2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Hot up the engine to +900, including an Fully Customable computer. Steering angle-link+hydraulic handbrake should be included, and off course intermediate tyres

Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final.

Back