Menu 39 World GT Series - any tips?

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 66 comments
Gift untuned Audi RA w/RS for me, and while I haven't placed yet, it's not because of the car. I can't do Spa to save my life. 1st, 11th, 1st, 1st, and a 1 pt lead heading into the Ring. Was in 3rd 2/3's of the way through my second lap when I crashed, and just didn't have the energy to recover. Exited. Will make my third attempt tomorrow.

I've heard some people had success with the Mazda RX-Vision car, but best I can do on Deep Forest is 4th or 5th. The pack leaders break away and there's no hope in catching up. The second race completely kills my momentum and I usually quit out before it even finishes.

On a more positive note, putting the game on Broadcast Mode puts an end to Chariots of Fire.

Last edited:
So finally made it to Menu 39, World GT Series and am struggling!

Eventually found a car that I can have some chance in and today did better than ever, up to LaSarthe. I'd usually abandoned before then (wish there was a way to "pause")!

At LaSarthe, imagine my surprise when it started raining on lap 2. At the end of the lap the cars in front of me went into the pits! I didn't know you could go into the pits in these races, and in any case had not bought wets or intermediates for a tyre change.... so, carried on and after a few hundred metres gave up because my car was spinning on straights!

Can anyone who has done this before advise:
  • Do I need wets or intermediates?
  • I assume a pit call will let you swap tyres?
  • What car are you using?

I struggled until I used the Porsche "Living Legend" and down-tuned it with a power restrictor to just under 800.

Any advice welcomed, thanks!
I run that championship a lot as a moneymaker and always put inters on from the start. It doesn’t always rain but the tyres are fine to run in the dry. Drops your PP a bit but still good enough to win. Always use a different GT3 car to make it interesting.

Last edited:
This is far by the best championship set of races I've raced till now in GT7.......

I used the Beetle Gr3 car. In the 1st race, I managed 5th as I was on RM tires. But luckily, I had RS tires too for this car. So for the next 4 races, I used RS tires. I won the 4 races but had to fight hard.

All of the 5 races were fun with this ar having RS tires, even Nurburgring's 2 laps. I was happy with all the 5 tracks as most of them are my favorites. Only in Spa, the weather got a bit foggy but didn't rain there or any of the other 4 races.

It was a treat to play this championship. Wanted to win with a clean bonus but it's not easy with AI cars either slowing on the racing line or bumping into you at turns.

I just can't see the track for the first few minutes of the Nurburgring final. It's like the visibility version of the 500tw tires used in license testing. Is there anyway to improve visibility?

I just can't see the track for the first few minutes of the Nurburgring final. It's like the visibility version of the 500tw tires used in license testing. Is there anyway to improve visibility?
Have you tried adjusting the EV setting? Pause during the race and go to the settings and you can adjust it to be brighter. I learned about this for the S-10 license because I was having a hard time seeing the dry parts of the track. Maybe it’ll give you what you’re looking for.

Last edited:
The other thing you can do (and I admit to doing it....) is turn on all track markers and follow the orange line.
Frowned on by most, but certainly helps in the dark!

EDIT - forgot to mention my new favourite for this championship is the McLaren P1 GTR. A flyer!

Last edited:
Easy breezy with the Tom's Supra. Just be aware any race car gearbox isn't fully customisable stock and could be too short for Le Mans or Nürburgring.
Even if you are unsure about Nürburgring, you should collect enough points and even benefit from points spread between other drivers on the first four races to get there comfortable in points.
Just don't try too hard on Bathurst at night, the are plenty of overtaking places to get to the front without risking an accident or a spin.

Have you tried adjusting the EV setting? Pause during the race and go to the settings and you can adjust it to be brighter. I learned about this for the S-10 license because I was having a hard time seeing the dry parts of the track. Maybe it’ll give you what you’re looking for.
You can also turn up your TV's brightness. I just ran this championship with the 2J. It has no headlights.

Last edited:
Yeah, and then:
2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Hot up the engine to +900, including an Fully Customable computer. Steering angle-link+hydraulic handbrake should be included, and off course intermediate tyres

Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final.
This set up is sick, thanks 👌🏼

This set up is sick, thanks 👌
Yeah, and then:
2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Hot up the engine to +900, including an Fully Customable computer. Steering angle-link+hydraulic handbrake should be included, and off course intermediate tyres

Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final.
Hello, would you mind explaining what your shorthand means for this tuning? I’m new to it and am having difficulty with menu book 39 but I have this car and am hoping to set it up properly so I don’t need to spend 450k on a car that may do the same thing. Thank you.

I think there are a lot of cars that can win. I've done it with a neo classic Nissan road car, I forget which one. I also did it with the F1500T-A and made up a lot of time on the last lap at Nurburgring.
Never be afraid to run a whole race on IM or RH tires. For a while that's all I ran on the 1 hour Spa race, usually making 2-3 stops. I've run it on full wets but they wear out pretty fast on dry pavement. I have also no stopped that race on RH tires, sometimes running tighter turns at 20MPH.
IM tires offer less traction than RH on dry pavement but if you start with them and it does rain, you won't have to struggle for half a lap and then stop, and you may not have to stop at all. They also offer fewer PP than RH, so if you're going to stick to "rain tires" the whole race, you can bump up the horsepower a bit or drop some ballast.

Hello, would you mind explaining what your shorthand means for this tuning? I’m new to it and am having difficulty with menu book 39 but I have this car and am hoping to set it up properly so I don’t need to spend 450k on a car that may do the same thing. Thank you.
" 2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Hot up the engine to +900, including an Fully Customable computer. Steering angle-link+hydraulic handbrake should be included, and off course intermediate tyres

Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final. "

Should be easy to setup this one since I`ce chosed to use the height adjustable sports suspension; all you need to do is to adjust the rideheight. Mine was set to F125/R120 now for some reason, mybe bcs of some steering trouble.

Engine; just add everything in race- & semirace parts, be shure to include the adjustable computer. Should give you +900hp.
To optimise grip & balance, set the frontdifferensial to 55/9, rear diff to 55/45, centerdiff to F40/R60.

You can see the setup here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/unfairlanes-garage.405373/page-2

You`ll need to put in some cash here too but it will give you a rocket of a car, easy to drive even in rain. Good luck!

" 2017 Nissan GT-R. Weight reduction stage 4 (1274kg), height adjustable sports suspension at 120/120, full forcedown F/R, both diffs at 55% accel, 40/60F/R. +900hp maxed. Hot up the engine to +900, including an Fully Customable computer. Steering angle-link+hydraulic handbrake should be included, and off course intermediate tyres

Fast as lightning, wins anything without pitstops included. Gearbox set to: 3.00/2.00/1.50/1.20/1.00/0.86 and 3.55 final. "

Should be easy to setup this one since I`ce chosed to use the height adjustable sports suspension; all you need to do is to adjust the rideheight. Mine was set to F125/R120 now for some reason, mybe bcs of some steering trouble.

Engine; just add everything in race- & semirace parts, be shure to include the adjustable computer. Should give you +900hp.
To optimise grip & balance, set the frontdifferensial to 55/9, rear diff to 55/45, centerdiff to F40/R60.

You can see the setup here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/unfairlanes-garage.405373/page-2

You`ll need to put in some cash here too but it will give you a rocket of a car, easy to drive even in rain. Good luck!
Very helpful- thanks so much. I cannot seem to see how to get 280/380 downforce- I can only get 180/280

Back