Menu book 40

England
England
Any tips on how to get through this menu book? I’ve tried the cappuccino and the s660 and my best finish was 5th. The cars are so painful to drive I don’t even care about winning the races, i just want to get it over with

I just did this race today and first time round it was very annoying as I bought a s660 (reading the hint in the book) and it didnt work out, got crappy 6th or 7th on most of the marked races.

Then I thought hey, why dont I bust out my pre-tuned S Cappucino, it was just shy of 400pp and I tried it to see:

So......TUNE. RINSE. REPEAT.

I won all races and live to die another day lol. Gotta love this little Suzuki!

Last edited:
ZEE
it was just shy of 400pp and I tried it to see:

So......TUNE. RINSE. REPEAT.

I won all races and live to die another day lol. Gotta love this little Suzuki!
400pp, seems to be about the magic number for these races.

Edit: I was close to using my cappuccino as well, went with the S660 to get used to it a little.

Last edited:
Cappuccino... full Tuning without weight reduce. SET down the Power and give + ~50kg weight. Use HIGH RPM Turbo. An go with.. easy Wins.

My cappuccino was able to carry about 10 extra horsepower (91 vs 81), at a significantly lower weight (1358 lbs vs 1722 lbs), when compared to my S660, with both dead on 399.99pp.

The S660 was struggling to gain that last second at Tokyo to win, while the Cappuccino had the lead on lap 2.

According to pp, the cars are "equal." 🤔

Last edited:
I also used the Cappuccino. I didn't use any weight reduction and opted for more HP instead with a low RPM turbo. Results were still a rather easy win.

In my first attempt I entered a bone stock Honda S660 at Maggiore, and finished 20th. Probably my worst result in any GT singleplayer event ever. :lol:

Then I beefed up my Suzuki Cappuccino to around 395 PP, and from there it was smooth sailing winning all three races, yet not exactly a walk in the park (🌶️🌶️ difficulty setting).

Last edited:
I used the cappuccino and there are a couple of tips:
1. Make an SUV out of it- max the ride height, that should give you a bunch of pp to play around with. You can lower other suspension values as well to get more pp
2. I shouldn't have done any weight reduction so I went with +200kg. That allows you to get more hp
3. Last 2 races you need top speed so take off all the downforce
4. First 2 races, make the transmission as short as possible, Tokyo you need to make it longer
5. MOST IMPORTANT TIP: you MUST set traction control to 0. Having any traction control, even 1, will completely kill your acceleration.

If you follow these tips, this menu actually becomes really easy

If you guys struggled with this race just wait until you do the GR1 race at Daytona!

I won these races relatively easy, I can't get past 6th at Daytona.

I either can lap faster than the leaders and catch them, wearing out tyres and gulping fuel or I can I stop for fuel on old RH tyres and lose 3secs a lap. Either way this will take some beating :-(

So far tried, Toyota TS050, Audi '16 and McLaren Vision. BTW the McLaren is very fast :-) And nice to drive.

Oh and finally, the AI ALWAYS cut the Bus Stop chicane and DO NOT get a penalty where as You have to be every careful not to. BTW they will even cut the grass and overtake you there as well >:(

If you guys struggled with this race just wait until you do the GR1 race at Daytona!

I either can lap faster than the leaders and catch them, wearing out tyres and gulping fuel or I can I stop for fuel on old RH tyres and lose 3secs a lap. Either way this will take some beating :-(

So far tried, Toyota TS050, Audi '16 and McLaren Vision. BTW the McLaren is very fast :-) And nice to drive.

Oh and finally, the AI ALWAYS cut the Bus Stop chicane and DO NOT get a penalty where as You have to be every careful not to. BTW they will even cut the grass and overtake you there as well >:(
Road version of the tomahawk makes it a very easy race, give it a go

I barely did anything to my Cap. Tried it stock first, and got up to 4th at Willow, and that was fudging the last corner. I try to spend little credits, and do minimum mods to make it interesting. Only installed Race air filter, race muffler, and header, and race suspension. Everything else was stock. That was enough to win all 3 races, with Tokyo being the iffy one. Didn't take the lead there, until after the little chicane, before you come around to the finish line.

Copen
weight, bore, stroke, balance, polish, cam, crank,
trans, clutch, diff, suspension full custom,
add power, then use ballast to bring PP back down,
tune for handling, short gears first race

I had thought of that but it's not a GR1. So the rules still let it in?
You can use anything in those Gr.1 races because they're only PP restricted. I agree with you on Daytona, was running 1:30's on new tyres and only just managed it with the LM55 Gr.1 on RM after like 10 tries with different cars. Sainte-Croix is a joke in comparison because I won that by over a minute first try in the TS050.

As for OP, 400PP tuned Cappuccino did it easily, ran with the low rpm turbo and max ballast.

I just lowered the difficulty to easy. Still though by the end I was in the lead by 16 secs. I used the Porsche 962C with mid turbo, RH, fuel map 6. Only had to refuel once.

Thanks for the replies, i’ve tuned cap and the s660 but went with medium rpm turbo. I’ll try the low rpm instead. Failing that i just need to keep momentum i guess

Back