Menu book 42 rant .

Greece
Greece
Giorgos_Ferrari
Context
Since the update dropped, i slowly got through the new menu books. Lightweight K-Cup was the standard affair, the VGT Trophy was… I don’t want to say challenging, but harder than expected because I underestimated the Porsche VGT. Then the GR.1 series happened. At first I took the Toyota TS050 not noticing the 950 PP limit. So needless to say I didn’t manage much, but when I saw the AI opening a decent gap, and being faster in every way, even on the straights in the same car despite not being able to get any upgrades, I knew it was going to be difficult.
But I like challenge and with credits to burn I started experimenting. First I got the GR010 and although the increase in straight line speed was significant, so was the decrease in agility. After failure number one I went with the Porsche 919. Luckily for me it could receive a turbo upgrade, but unluckily it wasn’t enough. Then I got the Alpine VGT, which was the best, yet but not quite enough. Then I used the Mazda LM55 and it turned out as the best choice for me. Victory at Daytona, smashing everyone at St. Croix but then it was Suzuka time... I failed at my first attempt as I realized I needed a setup. That’s when I came across a video from Unleased Drivers like some other users here.

Rant
I used his setup, watched his video as a reference for an acceptable pace and then I gave it a shot but I kept failing and failing and failing - I couldn’t figure out why as my pace was similar and at times faster than Unleased Drivers. So after lots of trying I gave up on trying to beat them fairly and made a return to my early GT3-4 tactics. I tried a few non prototypes; X2019 no dice, F-1500 no dice, then I decided to get the third best car in the game for such situations (Chaparral 2X). However it had the same issue as the GR010.
Then I decided to take it a step further with the Tomahawk GTS-R but it couldn’t fall below 950 PP. Then I read in a thread here that someone won with the Super Formula but you know what happened next… So I returned back to the Mazda and as I failed again, the wheels in my head started spinning.
Take a look at Unleased Drivers’s times

Screenshot_2.png

And here are my times from one of the failed attempts (possibly the worst one in terms of race time).

Screenshot_21.png

I had a shocking lap 9 (0.5 penalty and a half exit at Spoon), I lost 3 seconds in the pits compared to him and I started the final lap with a race time of 16:16.150 , arriving at the same spot he starts the final lap in the video in 16:17.483, compared to his 16:14.383.
(if you factor in the 3 seconds I lost in the pits and the time I lost on lap 9 I would’ve been faster). His final race time on the last frame before he crossed the line (sadly he cuts to the prize ticket after that) was 17:58.183.

I didn’t complete the final lap so if i hypothetically ended that lap with a 1:45. My race time would’ve been 18:02 which would’ve been just short considering he won by 3.3 seconds and that would’ve been ok. My problem is here:

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_14.png

These are our respective gaps starting lap 10 and for whatever reason the AI was 9 seconds faster against me.

At one point I had enough and said 🤬 tactics and it worked.

Screenshot_17.png

That’s 15.5 seconds faster than the example attempt and 11.5s faster than Unleased Drivers, however I wasn’t the only one going faster. The AI went 12 and 5 seconds faster respectively, but The AI going faster is not the problem, the problem is this:

285721692_1091264194819744_786728688332429442_n.jpg

As you can see I have already put 1,222 kilometers on the car. If I subtract the total distance of the first two races (144 km) this leaves 1,078. This means I did this one race 18 🤬 times, which means I wasted 5,4 🤬 hours of my 🤬 life on one 🤬 race and I’m going to have to spent even more than that because I wasted 13 million credits on cars for this event, when I could save 11 of them if they allowed the TS050 to get a 🤬 turbo upgrade. So when it failed I wouldn’t have invested 6 million on the other hybrid cars and the rest if Polyphony could control the AI boosting...:banghead:

I hope what they say about people from Polyphony checking the forums is true, because I hope someone sees this. GT7 has made a lot of fouls thus far - some of them do not affect me and some I tolerate. However, PD, if you pull anything like this again I’m out.
Update 2 (If you want to see the first update click on the spoiler bellow).
I recovered most of the wasted credits via the ticket glitch so im not as upset anymore, however dispite the comment the thread reciaved giving all round feedback (Thank you all), i still felt something was off. So i took the Toyota TS050 and the Porsche 919 to route X both in GT Sport and GT7 in stock form and these are my findings.

(GT Sport)

294177697_749662939597919_783168225491871138_n.jpg

(GT7)

293250195_370216118582717_8249473844960503972_n.jpg

As you can see the car in GT7

1. Reached 45 Km/h less before starting losing speed.
  2. And has worse accelaration.

Why you may ask ? Downforce.

(GT Sport)

Screenshot_10.png

(GT7)

Screenshot_5.png

Should i have expected that considering the new aerodynamic model ? Yes and i did to an extent.
Is the fact that the TS050 is (as far as i know as of today) the only modern prototype that can't reciave a power upgrade 💩 ?. Also yes because if it did i would've used it instead of spenting 6 million on the other hybrids.
Is this in part my fault or lack of skill ? Sure .
But egardless of everything else is the fact the AI can be 20 or perhaps even more seconds faster on the same race , in exactly the same conditions , on the same difficulty setting , following the same exact tactic every time a legit problem in the game ? Again yes.

Update
Following the comments I received, I thought ‘maybe it was just me’. Even though 18 attempts were a few more than my limit for reasonable doubt. So I did the race four more times and here are the results in order.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

When an AI has a time range of almost 20 seconds (17:30-17:48) with the same conditions, in the same difficulty, while following the same tactic every time, that’s not a ‘me’ problem and it goes beyond human error. PD has created something far more frustrating than adaptive AI. Now, if you are not properly quick, you are at the mercy of the algorithm. If it feels like letting you win, you’ll win - if not, too bad.
And the game added insult to injury on top of everything.

285544852_732922997903491_4385061874222036081_n.jpg

Thank you Sarah Maybe I could’ve had quite a bit more than 200 if I didn’t spent 54% of my credits on one race because the 🤬 1s and 0s didn’t feel like keeping their speed within reason…

Last edited:
Difficult games are difficult.
AI is not the easiest thing to program.
People working at PD are people.
People make mistakes.
Nobody is forcing people to play games.
Or forcing you to buy all the cars and/or get a platinum trophy.

I really don’t understand all these rant threads.

I just used my Porsche 962c with Praiano's tune on it, won the race on the first attempt, didn't find it overly difficult.

Took two attempts in the Mazda VGT thing. Didn't think it was too bad, honestly.
Congratulations to both of you . Do you remember your final race time (at least roughly) ?
Difficult games are difficult.
GT7 or any of them after 4 are not difficult at all.
AI is not the easiest thing to program.
Agreed .
People working at PD are people.
So am i .
People make mistakes.
If you are talking about the boosting then maybe, but not allowing to upgrade the turbo of the TS050 was a deliberate choice which led to me losing 6 million for nothing.
Nobody is forcing people to play games.
Correct its my choice, however its fair to expect to not get 🤬 over , especially with no prior indication. Also thats not an excuse when someone calls them out to point an error in the product they paid for.
Or forcing you to buy all the cars and/or get a platinum trophy.
I literally didn't bring up either of these but ok .
I really don’t understand all these rant threads.
If you really did read the post and still didn't understand why im frustrated then i cannot help .

^ I don't recall my final time. Did it shortly after the races were introduced. Was ahead of P2 by 5-6 seconds at the end. Guess that probably doesn't help too much.

Yeah I didn't it my first try through with the Mazda...which included hydroplaning off at the entry to the Casio Triangle and then looping it at the exit of it on the same lap when the rains came...probably lost about 15-20sec there.

Yeah I didn't it my first try through with the Mazda...which included hydroplaning off at the entry to the Casio Triangle and then looping it at the exit of it on the same lap when the rains came...probably lost about 15-20sec there.
Sounds impressive , do you remember any lap times? .

I feel your frustration completely, struggled with suzuka (I'm a bang average player so was just aiming for 3rd, on med difficulty)

The rng of rain or not made this race a pain, tried different fuel maps (to predict rain & how many laps I could get if it rained lap 3 or 6 etc)
Still no luck, 4th with consistant lap times.
Didn't rain for 4 races. Watched the replays.1st place (maybe a mclaren?) Never pitted.
So I was stuck with a car that couldnt do a no stop strategy (LM55 gr1), couldnt keep up with 1st if I had to pit.
Ran loads more races hoping the rng of me driving well, with the rain at my perfect pit stop window (need fuel, can change to inters) & all had to pit.
(Finally lucked out,rained mid race, I changed to intermediates, the usual 1st place messed up stuck with slicks (they finished 19th)
Got up to 1st, bit hairy for a couple of laps, being chased, then rain stops second last lap, 2nd to 6th pit again for slicks. So comfy in the end)

So best strat imo is get good rng :) Or maybe a car that you can go without pitting? & hope rain holds off. (I dont have credits so havent tried others)

These races take practice. I was getting upset myself by the difficulty of these races. But then I realized that it’s a proper challenge that needs a bit of practice to beat.

Gr.1 cars are different beasts compared to Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars. Their very high downforce and high power require quicker reactions and, for many of these cars, patience with the throttle out of most corners if you plan not to use TCS (which is recommended if you want to be faster).

I won Suzuka by luck, beat AI cars in heavy rain, in which I had the right tyres and they didn't.

To me, GT7 AI is very good (in contrast to many people complained). What I mean good is the variety in it. Some crashed my car from the back, some tailed me closely for several laps

, some are ghosts which taught how to gold a license ...

I don't need to win in every race. What I enjoy is my improvement in the game, and the room for improvement in this game, to me, is years to come.

Last edited:
I feel your frustration completely, struggled with suzuka (I'm a bang average player so was just aiming for 3rd, on med difficulty)
Please explain, medium difficulty? I was under the impression that the difficulty level you set your account up for did not factor into missions, licenses, or these AI races. Is that wrong? I thought it just had to do with the way your "assists" or lack thereof was activated.

If this is in fact true I am setting my to the easiest so I can get that stupid Porsche around SPA in the rain. That last test is kicking my butt BAD!

I'm not 100% sure, but your 'global' difficulty settings (in general options) affects races in world circuits & the cafe menus.
(Apart from maybe the races that have the added chilies graphic?)

Licences & missions aren't affected (locked at their own difficulty)

Last edited:
Used the LM55 first time and won`comfortably`.Did the race again with the Pug HDI Fap,won again but not as easy as the LM55,im not that good so this was on the easy setting i might add.

The rng of rain or not made this race a pain, tried different fuel maps (to predict rain & how many laps I could get if it rained lap 3 or 6 etc)
Still no luck, 4th with consistant lap times.
Didn't rain for 4 races. Watched the replays.1st place (maybe a mclaren?) Never pitted.
So I was stuck with a car that couldnt do a no stop strategy (LM55 gr1), couldnt keep up with 1st if I had to pit.
Ran loads more races hoping the rng of me driving well, with the rain at my perfect pit stop window (need fuel, can change to inters) & all had to pit.
(Finally lucked out,rained mid race, I changed to intermediates, the usual 1st place messed up stuck with slicks (they finished 19th)
Got up to 1st, bit hairy for a couple of laps, being chased, then rain stops second last lap, 2nd to 6th pit again for slicks. So comfy in the end)

So best strat imo is get good rng :) Or maybe a car that you can go without pitting? & hope rain holds off. (I dont have credits so havent tried others)

These races take practice. I was getting upset myself by the difficulty of these races. But then I realized that it’s a proper challenge that needs a bit of practice to beat.

Gr.1 cars are different beasts compared to Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars. Their very high downforce and high power require quicker reactions and, for many of these cars, patience with the throttle out of most corners if you plan not to use TCS (which is recommended if you want to be faster).

I won Suzuka by luck, beat AI cars in heavy rain, in which I had the right tyres and they didn't.

To me, GT7 AI is very good (in contrast to many people complained). What I mean good is the variety in it. Some crashed my car from the back, some tailed me closely for several laps

, some are ghosts which taught how to gold a license ...

I don't need to win in every race. What I enjoy is my improvement in the game, and the room for improvement in this game, to me, is years to come.

I won by luck of the draw with the rain, and honestly I thought the St. Croix one was the hardest of all three, with how fast that Peugeot gets after the first few laps LOL.

Please explain, medium difficulty? I was under the impression that the difficulty level you set your account up for did not factor into missions, licenses, or these AI races. Is that wrong? I thought it just had to do with the way your "assists" or lack thereof was activated.

If this is in fact true I am setting my to the easiest so I can get that stupid Porsche around SPA in the rain. That last test is kicking my butt BAD!

I'm not 100% sure, but your 'global' difficulty settings (in general options) affects races in world circuits & the cafe menus.
(Apart from maybe the races that have the added chilies graphic?)

Licences & missions aren't affected (locked at their own difficulty)
Thank you for commenting everyone , please check the update i just posted .

Did 2 runs @ Sardegna 800pp race with the Toyota Hypercar i can hit 1:40:XXX with this car and you only need to pit once, i am pretty certain you can do a race without pitting with the right fuel mix.. but a bit boring. There are plenty of other cars that can do it quicker (afaik) but anyway. It runs out of battery on lap 9/10 and then you are doing laps +5 second laps.

Fun stuff
Custom race or campaign? .

Glad you cracked it. :cheers:
I do kind of like the random races (pit strat/rain), & a pity the ai isn't more individual (eg. certain drivers with a certain racing style/personality)
But yep, annoying when it's tied to progression.
If it was just progression i could've finished 3rd once , but besides being wrong for them (PD) to do that , i was frustrated because of how much credits i wasted and because i knew i should've won .
Glad you finally won, a race better left won once. 🤣
I won several times already just to prove my point for the thread :lol:.

Is the LM55 VGT Gr1 a good choice to win both VGT and Gr1 races? I’d prefer to only buy 1 more car…
Don't take this as gospel, but in my attempts so far you are able to win 2 of the 3 races using mostly any VGT. The kicker is that to win the Daytona race you need to straight line speed of the Toyota GR010 or whatever it's called (the new one)

Is the LM55 VGT Gr1 a good choice to win both VGT and Gr1 races? I’d prefer to only buy 1 more car…
Worked well for me though Daytona did take me a few attempts and some adjustments to downforce.
Though I have heard people have been putting a turbo on it I think

Have a look at 'unleashed drivers' vids on youtube (he recommends the lm55 for both, with some tunes)
Yep, the nitrous can go in as well (?)

I won by luck of the draw with the rain, and honestly I thought the St. Croix one was the hardest of all three, with how fast that Peugeot gets after the first few laps LOL.
I have noticed this, just started this race tonight, suzuka took around 10 attempts to get 3rd on hard difficulty. I'm guessing this is going to be just as painful. 27seconds off 3rd place after I had got my car right for track. Been using the super formula for this menu

Back