Mercedes-AMG GT S 2015

• Thread starter NART512
  • 46 comments
United States
MotorCity
NART512
History:
Mercedes' challenger to cars like the 911, and the C7.

Specs:
Engine: twin-turbo 4.0L V8
Horsepower: 503
0-100kph: 3.5 sec.
Top Speed: 310kph (193mph)
Weight: Rumored at roughly 1542kg (3400lbs)

MERCEDESAMGGTEXTRAsdvsrv-01.jpg

2016-mercedes-amg-gt-side.jpg

2016-mercedes-amg-gt-rear-top-view.jpg

2016-mercedes-amg-gt-front-three-quarter-in-motion-02.jpg

2016-mercedes-amg-gt-rear-interior-view.jpg

2016-mercedes-amg-gt-interior-02.jpg

Looking for the GT3 Version?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mercedes-amg-gt3-2015.324290/

Last edited:
It's meant to be a closer competitor to the Porsche 911 than the SLS was, which was the successor to the SLR McLaren.

Also, noise.

The engine is called the M178. Like all AMG engines, it's name sounds like military-grade hardware, which they probably are.

Well, means that Kaz should wake up because he could use DriveClub assets to bring interesting cars to GT7.
There aren't problems with license, the only problem is Kaz and his "Vision"
I agree 100%. This is a perfect example of where inter-organisational synergies can improve efficiency. There may be differences in how PD and Evolution Studios produce elements of assets but there is surely an opportunity to cooperate. Evolution Studios had circuit access with Mercedes-Benz to capture the engine sounds of the AMG GT so if nothing else PD could use that.

I agree 100%. This is a perfect example of where inter-organisational synergies can improve efficiency. There may be differences in how PD and Evolution Studios produce elements of assets but there is surely an opportunity to cooperate. Evolution Studios had circuit access with Mercedes-Benz to capture the engine sounds of the AMG GT so if nothing else PD could use that.
I'm expecting all the cars in DriveClub that aren't in GT to be in GT7 otherwise i'll be very disappointed

Not saying I hate it, but from Mercedes is kind of disappointment...
Mercedes are overstyling everything to the point of it all looking clumsy. This is beautiful.

I'm gonna wait until I see what it looks like before I vote for it... Confession: never really liked McMerc SLR. Liked doors on SLS, but overall I was not that thrilled. The 2015 Merc S65 coupe on the other hand....

Mercedes-Benz has overhyped and excessively teased the reveal of this AMG GT to the point were we knew almost exactly what it would look like. I think it looks absolutely amazing though and the rear is fantastic. I've seen it in silver and red and it is quite a gorgeous looking machine.

The only thing I don't like is the 4 vents inside which looks too cramped. 3 vents would look much nicer.

Love it! Bring it to GT7.

Last edited:
Why are people moaning about the back? Merc's best looking car for a while.

What the...hey what do you know this is actually not a bad looking car!! It looks leaner and more fit. Also compact, as if it could fit right in my palm. There are a few touches here and there that I really like. Now I'm voting. Altho' I think this will come to a GT game soon...

Note to NART512: Just found out this car is going to be called Mercedes-AMG GT. No Benz in its name. No idea why, but that's the name they are going with.

Last edited:
What the...hey what do you know this is actually not a bad looking car!! It looks leaner and more fit. Also compact, as if it could fit right in my palm. There are a few touches here and there that I really like. Now I'm voting. Altho' I think this will come to a GT game soon...

Note to NART512: Just found out this car is going to be called Mercedes-AMG GT. No Benz in its name. No idea why, but that's the name they are going with.
Changed title. Thanks. :cheers:

Changed title. Thanks. :cheers:
That makes it quite difficult to spot when sorted alphabetically. I'll revert it and look into it when I get nearer to doing the "M"s :lol: Might be wise to call it "Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT" on that basis, but... feh.

Edit: Actually, "Mercedes-AMG" is the manufacturer - it's entirely an AMG product and it's being marketed as a "Mercedes-AMG" car.

Also, the production year? It's only 2016 in the USA, where a car's year is the following year (except January). Everywhere else in the world it's the year you can actually buy it. Since it's on sale in April 2015, it ought to be a 2015 car.

Also, the production year? It's only 2016 in the USA, where a car's year is the following year (except January). Everywhere else in the world it's the year you can actually buy it. Since it's on sale in April 2015, it ought to be a 2015 car.

I think in the US (Not sure if this applies to Canada), the earliest a car of a certain model year can go on sale in January 2 of the previous calendar year. But like you said, though it's not going on sale that early, it'll still be a 2016. Also, didn't know about the whole model year thing elsewhere, about the year you can actually buy it. Or maybe I forgot. In GT5, the SLS is referred to as a 2010 model, I guess cause it was released in the 2010 calendar year (May I believe, at least here). In North America, it was released as a 2011. Anyways, I'm sure the AMG GT will be in GT7. Well, the GT S at least. The base model won't come out until the 2016 calendar year (And likely be called a 2017 here), a year after S is supposed to release. Though they could certainly get both versions in right away, considering the McLaren MP4-12C was in GT5 at launch, almost a year before the car was actually released, being called a 2010 model even though it wasn't released until the middle of the 2011 calendar year. And GT4 got in quite a few '05 models (Ford GT and Mustang, BMW 330i and M5, maybe some others) and the '06 Eclipse, so maybe they can get both in.

Also, man that's a lot of text.

Last edited:
Its like a slightly smaller SLS AMG with a more curvy back. I dig it 👍

Back