Mercedes-Benz G-Class

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 56 comments
Bahrain
Island In The Sun
2013-Mercedes-G-Class-2.jpg

about that you wont recognized any more i was kidding

Revealed in a picture with the facelifted GLK, the model features new LED daytime running lights, restyled mirrors and relocated front fender vents.
The exterior changes are relatively modest, but previous photos have shown the interior will have a new instrument cluster, a revised center stack and an updated steering wheel. There will also be a new gear knob and an upgraded COMAND system.

2013-Mercedes-G-Class-3.jpg

Engine options remain a mystery, but the model could be outfitted with a twin-turbo 4.7-liter V8 with 435 PS (320 kW / 429 hp) and 516 lb-ft (699 Nm) of torque. If that isn't powerful enough, the G65 AMG is expected to use a 6.0-liter biturbo V12 engine that develops 612 PS (450 kW / 604 hp) and up to 1,000 Nm (737 lb-ft) of torque.
The 2013 Mercedes G-Class could be unveiled some time next month, before being launched later this year.

Source: Mercedes-Benz via Carscoop

Last edited:
What's the point of the G-class besides being a rappermobile? I'd rather have a Unimog.

As a roadcar? None, really, just like a Range Rover. They're pretty accomplished offroaders, though, in the right spec, and they're still used by several world militaries (again, in the right spec.)

A Unimog is pretty special, but it's more "truck" than "jeep", really. Not that that's a bad thing.

The BiTurbo V12 in the G-Class? That's just crazy enough to work.

Glad to see that they are going to continue building it, though.

desirability factor sums it all up.

I have three friends interested in it and none of them are car enthusiasts, there is just some magic about it.

I am glad things like these exists even though I am not personally interested.

So its basically a GLK with a giant nose...?

Edit: then I learned to read and realized that I was looking at an actual GLK rather than the G in the background.

its official now
Hardly considered a facelift, exterior modifications include LED daytime running lamps and new side mirrors.
The AMG versions also feature a new AMG grille with double louvres, plus new bumpers with large air intakes.
Red brake callipers and 20-inch wheels, available here for the first time, round out the exterior.

Inside changes are a bit more comprehensive as the instrument panel and center console have been completely redesigned.
It includes new controls and trim pieces in addition to a TFT color display in the instrument cluster.
There's also a large color screen at the top of the center console that is part of the COMAND Online system and incorporates a DVD changer and the COMAND Controller, which are standard on all G-Class models.

The G63 AMG becomes the first G-Class to benefit form the bi-turbo 5.5-liter V8 engine.
It generates 544 PS (400kW / 536hp) and 760Nm (560lb-ft) of torque and features the ECO start/stop system.
The G65 AMG also continues to bless the line up with its 6.0-liter V12 biturbo engine that generates 612PS (450kW / 603hp) but will cost nearly twice as much with a price tag of €264,180.

The G500 variant will be available in either long-wheelbase
station wagon or short-wheelbase Cabriolet form and is powered by the existing 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine.
The line up is completed with a frugal G 350 BlueTEC that uses 3.0-liter diesel engine and is the cheapest model in the lineup with a starting price of €85,311.

The minimal exterior updates include new LED daytime running lights and a set of new exterior mirrors.
The interior meanwhile has received a redesigned instrument cluster and center console.

The new 2013 Mercedes G-Class will be launched in June

Read more: worldcarfans

6745560581350419801.jpg

7209188321639311298.jpg

11918001451086853723.jpg

1998865012494853505.jpg

16829586571724561096.jpg

Rich celebrities have ruined the image of the G Wagon, now they all look horrid and tacky. This is what they should all look like...

2015-mercedes-benz-g-class-0.jpg

In the UK they are not popular at all! I guess Range Rover dominates here.

Rich celebrities have ruined the image of the G Wagon, now they all look horrid and tacky. This is what they should all look like...

2015-mercedes-benz-g-class-0.jpg

The new one fits much better to the history of the G Wagon, with its portal axle it should be more capable of road.

btw: The yellow one was also at IAA last year.

Give me an SWB one with portal axles, no leather and no carbon fiber fenderflares, please. On boggers with beadlocks.

I only ever saw a handful and that was when I lived near Wilmslow/Alderley Edge (soccerballer country). They were all LHD too. I wonder if they don't even bother with a "mainstream" RHD pack?

Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet leaked ahead of the Geneva unveiling. Reportedly 99 examples will be made
Mercedes-Maybach-G650-9.jpg
Mercedes-Maybach-G650-1.jpg
Mercedes-Maybach-G650-12.jpg
Mercedes-Maybach-G650-13.jpg

That has to be the grossest vehicle i've ever seen. And yes, they have certainly managed to make a £200k(?) car look like an old, if oversized, Suzuki Vitara Cab, with piggy eyes. :lol: 👍

Well that is just disgusting and I happen to like the G65 of old, despite preferring a G-Wagen when it was purely utilitarian.

Back