Mercedes-Benz G-Class

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 56 comments
New G-Class teased in video:

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/new-mercedes-benz-g-class-previewed-in.html

EDIT: New interior pictures of the 2019 G-Class were also revealed today.

mercedes-g-class-interior-new-shots-1.jpg

mercedes-g-class-interior-new-shots-6.jpg

mercedes-g-class-interior-new-shots-2.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Merc would stop doing the 'putting analogue dials in a hole where clearly a digital dash goes' thing because it looks kinda odd.

I think the reason they fail is because they try to make them look like real gauges, and it just looks flat and tacky. TFTs have great usefulness, and manufacturers will eventually use them more to their advantage. It's the same on bikes at the moment, lots of "digital" gauges that can't be easily read and only a very few successful reinterpretations of the analogue gauge in pure graphical form. I will cling to my (digital, stepper-motor controlled) analogue tach as long as I can!

I think the reason they fail is because they try to make them look like real gauges, and it just looks flat and tacky. TFTs have great usefulness, and manufacturers will eventually use them more to their advantage. It's the same on bikes at the moment, lots of "digital" gauges that can't be easily read and only a very few successful reinterpretations of the analogue gauge in pure graphical form. I will cling to my (digital, stepper-motor controlled) analogue tach as long as I can!

I meant lower end models having actual analogue dials inside the square for the digital dash on higher ones.

upload_2017-12-31_15-47-56.png

Oh! I think they look better, and more integral, personally. I don't really know what I thought the pictures were showing me, I thought it might have been an older model for comparison, and I was thinking it looked nicer... :lol:

But yeah, looks nowhere near as tachy (ahem) as the TFT in my opinion.

Just like the new Wrangler, this looks more like a facelift than an entirely new generation.

If any car is more suited in every way to having a modest 6cyl diesel engine over a twin-turbo petrol V8, it's the G-class.

Yeah lots of people here with heaps of money.

I do not particularly care for everyone... EVERYONE using a twin turbo 4.0 v8.

There's a special place in my pants for the old M156 6.2 v8 - as preferred by such distinguished Australians as Salim Mehajer... currently serving two years at her majesty's behest at lovely Silverwater Jail.

What's funny is that I heard even the USMC uses a version of the G-Class. Meanwhile, my dad hates how they look.

Electric EQG to be previewed in Munich this year with the production model arriving in 2024.

At the same time, Mercedes plans to have more than half of their fleet be either hybrid or full EVs by 2025. By 2039, they plan to go completely carbon-neutral

It seems Mercedes-Benz is making an EQ version of its entire lineup. The upcoming EQG flagship SUV has been spied:

1674075403888.png

1674075345552.png

Last edited:
Back