Mercedes F1 W08 Tuning

• Thread starter mary ann
  • 38 comments
United States
United States
Hello everybody. Fantastic car to drive, my all time favorite. Can't believe I'm driving Lewis car, thank you so much PD :)

Write down your own tune before trying mine. The last thing I want is to send you in the wrong direction!

Completely destroyed the field in the 3 GT League events. The AI are breaking too early before each turn... as usual!

The car is faster without aids, ABS off too. My practice best lap on Nurburgring GP is: 1:34.2 (no aids).

Dualshock
Automatic transmission

TC/5
Brake Valance/0

Suspension
Ride Height: 1.57 / 3.54
Frequency: 5.60 / 5.60
Anti-Roll: 7 / 10
Damping compression: 55 / 55
Damping Rebound: 85 /85
Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe: in 1.00 / 0.00

Downforce: 1530 / 2200

Differential: 60 / 60 / 60

Transmission
Top Speed: 370 kmh

1st: 3.570/162
2nd: 2.490/233
3rd: 2.021/287
4th: 1.689/343
5th: 1.401/414
6th: 1.222/475
7th: 1.122/517
8th: 1.083/699

Final Gear: 2.500

Nurburgring GP - First in 6 laps

I like no assists

I like my abs. That is all.

I lied, this car is awful, stock. Or it could've been the rum driving *shrug*

Jerome

Last edited:
I found this tune to be fantastic, other than the low-speed throttle-on oversteer (even at TC5). Maybe it's just my driving style. Still, well done, and thank you.

The first thing I did was to fix the transmission, didn't like the 1st and 2nd gears. High LSD help solve the problem too and powerful brake was very helpful for overtaking at the last moment. Did a few tweaks to the suspension, too much grip in the front and I didn't want to lower the front downforce,
maximum braking power again!

Having my tune validate by a such a great driver like you, WOW, I wasn't expecting that much. Thanks :)

i found an awesome tune on youtube , works great

credits to this italian guy!

Also using this setup! but i find the slow corners are still an issue, some laps at suzuka are 1:39 and then the next lap it spins me into/out of the hairpin and drives me nuts!!! The last couple of corners before the main straight as well, if I take any curb going in I will be spun, even with light throttle and nursing the brake. While the AI can just fly through. Arrrggh this car is not as much fun as it should be.

Update 1.24: Suzuka 1:29.8 on Softs

1:28 is definitely possible. I was being extra careful on the hairpin and chicane since I had more than a few hotlaps ruined by those corners :nervous:
Setup:
NQpFyFt.jpg

SqgG5Jb.jpg
TCS Off
ABS Weak

Last edited:
Hello everybody. Fantastic car to drive, my all time favorite. Can't believe I'm driving Lewis car, thank you so much PD :)

Write down your own tune before trying mine. The last thing I want is to send you in the wrong direction!

Completely destroyed the field in the 3 GT League events. The AI are breaking too early before each turn... as usual!

The car is faster without aids, ABS off too. My practice best lap on Nurburgring GP is: 1:34.2 (no aids).

Dualshock
Automatic transmission

TC/5
Brake Valance/0

Suspension

Transmission

I just tried your tune and wanted to say great job.

I know you posted it as a solution to that weird problem it had when it first came out, but it still works really well.

Thanks

thanks for the effort
but my mind is constantly turning around
overall difficult to maneuver
to pass the bend with Addition of gas on or off the vehicle

Dualshock
Automatic transmission

TC/5
Brake Valance/0

Suspension

Transmission

[/QUOTE

I can't believe this worked. I tried 4 other setups and for some reason when going into a corner I would spin out. Yours worked perfectly. Well done . Anymore setups you have can you send them to me. Thanks for the help.

garystevens64

Hi garystevens64,

If you look at this car in a replay, with the camera behind the car, you will notice the DRS is working everywhere!!!
Full downforce, minimum dowforce, sometime you accelerate and the rear wing is at minimum downforce, what a mess!!!

I had to find a solution to this problem and think I found something nice.

I have a full time job, hard working and university at the same time. So I don't have much time left to play this game and when I do, I don't like the gt sport ''daily events'', my goal was to race against S drivers and when I was faster then them, I became a live target. The top drivers divebomb me, been send off track at each occasions... you know how bad this game can be... I so miss GT6

So now, instead of fighting after a long day at work, I'm only cruising on different tracks and cars. Better for my nerves!

My setups are not for making the car as fast as possible but to have a very smooth drive. Thank you :)

I can't believe this worked great job on the tune. I tried 2 or 3 different settings and everytime I would turn into a conor I would spin out So I'm a big fan. If you have other tunes please send them to me.

garystevens64

Here's a link to my setup, no TCS necessary :)

Jerome
Your settings don't work on my coloured version of the car ... the numbers for the ride height and natural frequency ... which is why I guess my car with your setting and my guesswork for the ride height and natural frequency - it has a lot of understeer ... for instance at the corner before the fastest part of the track - corner 14 the Spoon Curve - lots of understeer , but more importantly for me, in the race where you can earn $360,000 for a clean win, you overtake quite easily at the Dunlop Curve (which is after the snake curves) by going to the outside and running next to the sand ... but if you car is understeering, that is quite difficult to do because if you push the throttle the car will leave the circuit and hit the curb etc etc . There are quite a lot of places to overtake in that Suzuka race on the outside - at corner 4 on the left side (an outside pass), Dunlop Curve on the right side (an outside pass), curve 12 on the left side (an outside pass) - but it would be much more fun if I didn't have to handle that understeering feeling.

The setup is very effective though because the car is super fast accelerating ... so overtaking is very very easy on all the straights, even the short straight before the hairpin is dead easy to get a place there every lap.

Does the optional colour car have the same setups as the "Standard" silver coloured car?

Last edited:
It is the same car, you can paint one but you can not paint the other one. @praiano63 and @Jeje6410 has got a good tune in their garages, the car is very good using a wheel.
I was driving it around Suzuka to earn 360,000 if you don't touch another car ... but now, the bonuses are gone it seems. And the car is way different ... before, you needed throttle control at the hairpin and 2nd gear ... now you can plant it in first gear and the car doesn't move. It now feels like its half dead compared to before ... my wheel lights now work though ... my average times are up too despite the car being much easier and less fun to drive ...

Back