Mercedes F1 W08 Tuning

• Thread starter mary ann
  • 38 comments
I was driving it around Suzuka to earn 360,000 if you don't touch another car ... but now, the bonuses are gone it seems. And the car is way different ... before, you needed throttle control at the hairpin and 2nd gear ... now you can plant it in first gear and the car doesn't move. It now feels like its half dead compared to before ... my wheel lights now work though ... my average times are up too despite the car being much easier and less fun to drive ...
I have not tested the car with my wheel as yet after the update, so if your times are better and that is a good thing right.

I have not tested the car with my wheel as yet after the update, so if your times are better and that is a good thing right.

note quite ... I think the ultimate times are close, but I have found for the money earning, its easy to avoid a penalty if I have minimum downforce, because the car accelerates much better, and you won't foul another car on a straight. But for outright times the car is faster with more downforce. My times are not quite as fast with the new characteristics ... when I replaced my steering wheel I was able to always do the hairpin in 2nd gear rather than third, which lowered my times - the new wheel curiously was quite a bit faster. But with the previous setup, I could have used first at the hairpin with good throttle control and lowered the times ... so too at the chicane, I could have used 2nd but I always used 3rd with the previous setup, hence better times were just waiting ... I did do a high 1:32 a few times with the previous setup with high downforce. But now, I used even first at the hairpin, and 2nd at the chicane - without any fear whatsoever. Less satisfaction too ... ah well ... the bonuses are still there though if you keep it clean.

I was able to do 1:27.7 at Suzuka with a wheel. Could have been better, but I almost crashe close to the pit entrance. I don’t remember where I got the setup, but I can post it here if you guys want it. I’m not the fastest, but maybe it helps somehow. I’ll post the replay too.

Edit:

I'll post the replay here, and later I'll add the tune.

Last edited:
Has anyone come up with some decent tune for Catalunya for this car? Doing a mini-league race with that combo and open tuning, and I'm a big noob when it comes to tuning :D

I tried your Tuning Set-up, and I can't set the 4th gear to 1689. The highest it will go is 1682. I have similar issues for the later Gears. The Tuning shown in the video that MINIKIHL posted also doesn't allow me to set the Gears high enough.

Last edited:
Back